As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOP Primaries] WI, MD, DC 4/3. Sponsored by cheese, crab cakes, and murder, respectively.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So did the primaries just go super ridiculous?

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Yeah Ron Paul is dead ass last deal w it.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Anyway, since it seems all of you think RP isn't the man for the job please give me a specific reason why, and please include how your candidate of choice would handle that matter better. :)

No other candidate wants to blow up the world economy.

Also, crazy racist dude.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Anyway, since it seems all of you think RP isn't the man for the job please give me a specific reason why, and please include how your candidate of choice would handle that matter better. :)

My guy doesn't have policy positions that are not achievable under any Congress that has been elected since World War II. His policies would also would not be economically, diplomatically and politically disastrous if actually enacted. My guy has also never published a series of incredibly bigoted political newsletters under his own byline and given a series of internally contradictory answers on who wrote these horrible, evil things. My guy is also not older than any President in history and actually manages to get some votes.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    also, Crazy Grandpa is not the face i would like to put on international relations.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    No, sorry. Ron Paul is full of shit, the party isn't going to give him anything.

Also, how is fourth place second place?

There's the slightest chance Paul is an option for Romney's VP. That's all he can hope for.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

It depends. If Gingrich doesn't drop. Yes.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

When weren't they super ridiculous?

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Hahaha.

"Just"

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »

No other candidate wants to blow up the world economy.

Santorum might, just not deliberately.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

I think the term you're looking for is ludicrous ridiculous aka plaid crazy.

Mill on
  • Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    The whole Paul Virgin Island thing isn't about conspiracies. The problem is that when Ron Paul get's the most delegates and loses the straw poll he's declared the loser, then he is also the loser when he wins the straw poll but not the delegates. You can't have it both ways.

Sure you can.

Ron Paul is a loser.

What do you base that on? The fact that he is second place in delegates? Anyway this isn't even about Paul. It is about the media doing a poor job at offering unbiased facts.

http://youtu.be/dYmgy2eHyKI

Hilarious video. Did you watch it? I'll give you the numbers from your own video. Romney ~100 something delegates, Gingrich, ~50something, Santorum 17, Ron Paul still dead last fucking place.

Is this video like a web series for them or something? Otherwise I can't see why they spent 5 minutes of an on air broadcast on this.

Also, seriously, we're going with "Ron Paul is now the default candidate." stance?

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

I think the term you're looking for is ludicrous ridiculous aka plaid crazy.

My brains are going into my feet.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    mindspork wrote: »
    The whole Paul Virgin Island thing isn't about conspiracies. The problem is that when Ron Paul get's the most delegates and loses the straw poll he's declared the loser, then he is also the loser when he wins the straw poll but not the delegates. You can't have it both ways.

Sure you can.

Ron Paul is a loser.

What do you base that on? The fact that he is second place in delegates? Anyway this isn't even about Paul. It is about the media doing a poor job at offering unbiased facts.

Hilarious video. Did you watch it? I'll give you the numbers from your own video. Romney ~100 something delegates, Gingrich, ~50something, Santorum 17, Ron Paul still dead last fucking place.

Is this video like a web series for them or something? Otherwise I can't see why they spent 5 minutes of an on air broadcast on this.

Also, seriously, we're going with "Ron Paul is now the default candidate." stance?

Well the video's argument is that the unpledged delegates are unpledged, so it only makes sense that that means they're going to Paul. Certainly they're not party faithful who will be bought and packaged for Mittens, no sir.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    also, Crazy Grandpa is not the face i would like to put on international relations.

Good News!

If Ron Paul got the job there would no longer be anything known as "international relations"

• Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    There's the slightest chance Paul is an option for Romney's VP. That's all he can hope for.
    Why in the world would Romney even consider Paul for VP? Theres no reconciling anything that they stand for, and the number of voters that would help Romney with is negligible.

• Options
    Mostly cause we'll all be dead in gold lined radiation spheres.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    mindspork wrote: »

Sure you can.

Ron Paul is a loser.

Well the video's argument is that the unpledged delegates are unpledged, so it only makes sense that that means they're going to Paul. Certainly they're not party faithful who will be bought and packaged for Mittens, no sir.

Honestly - he does have 1 good point in that 5 minutes. The Paulians are focusing on the delegate election, not the popular numbers. Reference that article at the one caucus district where they voted to have the straw poll first, then everyone left, and the Paulians led the delegate selection.

I wonder what happens if Paul walks into the convention with like 3-5% of the pledged, and in the first round walks away with a much larger amount. Think there will be any changes before 2016?

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That video just seemed to imply 'delegate allocation is fucked up', and 'Paul thinks he might get a bunch of delegates, which is why he hasn't dropped out'. I didn't see anything in there that said Paul was definitely getting them; just that his campaign thinks he will. In fact, the video seemed to imply that Romney is just as likely to get those delegates.

There's also the fact that there are only 400 some caucus delegates in the entire overall process, so Paul's strategy couldn't work anyway.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    That video just seemed to imply 'delegate allocation is fucked up', and 'Paul thinks he might get a bunch of delegates, which is why he hasn't dropped out'. I didn't see anything in there that said Paul was definitely getting them; just that his campaign thinks he will. In fact, the video seemed to imply that Romney is just as likely to get those delegates.

Yup.

• Options

Yeah, I think the video was from some local station. Though it is a bit "This could happen, BUT ALSO THIS THING THAT HELPS PAUL."

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Has Newt done a concession speech yet?

• Options

Yeah, I think the video was from some local station. Though it is a bit "This could happen, BUT ALSO THIS THING THAT HELPS PAUL."

If you go to that reporter's FB page he's pretty much "Ron Paul - Impeach Obama!"

And it makes reference to "Reality Check at 10 tonight!" which leads me to believe they DID give 5 minutes of air to that. >_>

• Options
    Huh, I guess Santorum found out he won Mississippi mid speech. It was actually kind of a touching moment. Like watching a gaggle of Nazi puppies play with a ball.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Huh, I guess Santorum found out he won Mississippi mid speech. It was actually kind of a touching moment. Like watching a gaggle of Nazi puppies play with a ball.

Sieg Woof!

nazidog.jpg

Boring7 on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Why in the world would Romney even consider Paul for VP? Theres no reconciling anything that they stand for, and the number of voters that would help Romney with is negligible.

AMFA has been speculating Paul & Romney have had a deal behind the scenes. That's why they were getting along swimmingly in the last debate. Whether Paul's his VP or has a luxurious job with Romney's government something's going on there.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Boring7 wrote: »

Sieg Woof!

nazidog.jpg

He's committing an atraaawwwwwcity.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I meant since Santorum won these two, Romney's Inevitability narrative is gone

• Options
    Yeah the rest of March and early April are not friendly to Romney. Santorum has a chance here to really pick up steam. I still think Romney's going to buy the nod, either here in the primary or on the floor in Tampa.

I can't wait to see what he's going to have to give Santorum.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    In order for Santorum to win, he actually has to pickup a large disproportion of delegates in the remaining races. It really isn't even enough to "win" he has to win by large margins. I haven't redone the math with Mississippi and Alabama factored in, but I think it's in the realm of 67% or more.

*edit* of the remaining delegates

Roz on
  • Options
    Yeah the rest of March and early April are not friendly to Romney. Santorum has a chance here to really pick up steam. I still think Romney's going to buy the nod, either here in the primary or on the floor in Tampa.

I can't wait to see what he's going to have to give Santorum.

I'll laugh it's the VP spot because that will be the final nail in the coffin for his general election bid.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    In order for Santorum to win, he actually has to pickup a large disproportion of delegates in the remaining races. It really isn't even enough to "win" he has to win by large margins. I haven't redone the math with Mississippi and Alabama factored in, but I think it's in the realm of 67% or more.

He won't win unless Romney does something incredibly stupid. Santorum's best chance is a brokered convention, where he might force the party into making him the candidate or being Romney's VP.

• Options

He won't win unless Romney does something incredibly stupid. Santorum's best chance is a brokered convention, where he might force the party into making him the candidate or being Romney's VP.

Which could prove a golden opportunity for Gingrich to really troll the party. When the convention rolls around, if it's brokered, Gingrich could be a key position to play king marker with his delegates and I don't see him backing Romney in such a scenario. Hell, writing the book "I suckered my party into creating the doomsday ticket of 2012" would get him more money than Romney would probably be willing to pay him with.

• Options
    I think that's all the Not Romney's plans, take up enough delegates so you ahve some say in Tampa. Thanks to SuperPacs the campaigns can afford to live on long after tehy should've run out of money.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Boring7 wrote: »

Sieg Woof!

nazidog.jpg

He's committing an atraaawwwwwcity.

Mein furer?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    I think that's all the Not Romney's plans, take up enough delegates so you ahve some say in Tampa. Thanks to SuperPacs the campaigns can afford to live on long after tehy should've run out of money.

Well depending on how friendly New Mexico, South Dakota, Montana and Nebraska are to the not Romneys, they may not even need to be financially solvent past Texas. I think Utah is a given Romney victory since IIRC it's winner take all. In fact, both Santorum and Gingrich will have about a month where they can coordinate to screw over Romney if they do manage to get things set up for a brokered convention.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Mill wrote: »
    I think Utah is a given Romney victory since it's Mormon Country.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think a brokered convention is unlikely, as that scenario plays out poorly for the party on the national stage. It's also an incredible gift to the Obama campaign, as they can make the compelling case that Romney can't even convince his own party that he's the right guy for the job. You can already start to see the establishment beginning to endorse Romney. It's a trickle now, but it will become a flood if a brokered convention becomes a real possibility. The party isn't that stupid.

Roz on
  • Options
    I think a brokered convention is unlikely, as that scenario plays out poorly for the party on the national stage. It's also an incredible gift to the Obama campaign, as they can make the compelling case that Romney can't even convince his own party that he's the right guy for the job. You can already start to see the establishment beginning to endorse Romney. It's a trickle now, but it will become a flood is a brokered convention becomes a real possibility. The party isn't that stupid.

The party isn't. Paul, Santorum and Gingrich? Wouldn't put it past them. I'd actually be impressed were this to happen. That takes competent planning to pull off.

• Options
    I think a brokered convention is unlikely, as that scenario plays out poorly for the party on the national stage. It's also an incredible gift to the Obama campaign, as they can make the compelling case that Romney can't even convince his own party that he's the right guy for the job. You can already start to see the establishment beginning to endorse Romney. It's a trickle now, but it will become a flood if a brokered convention becomes a real possibility. The party isn't that stupid.

Romney getting the nod primarily from the establishment carries it's own risks. If it's too obvious many of the voters who backed both Santorum and Gingrich could opt to stay home during the fall, which would be a huge blow to Romney's bid. Once you factor that in, that leaves the possibility of super delegates backing one of the other two over Romney because there would be little to gain in sacrificing one's principles if only resulted in Romney being slightly stronger during the general election.

At this point, I'm wondering if the solution for the GOP to avoid a brokered convention is to make Santorum the VP because that ensures they don't alienate too many of the rank and file. The only problem is that this is Sarah Palin 2.0, only they'll have picked a male VP for an even crappier candidate.