As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 3: Welcome To Our Thread, Here Are Your Complimentary Tasers and Cyanide Pills

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    liara earned best squadmate ever award for breaking me out of a banshee instant kill

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Banshees on single player aren't even a problem

multiplayer though, jesus it gets hectic

• Options
    GokerzGokerz Registered User regular
    It even works Phantoms!

causality.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Goatmon wrote: »
    So I just learned that
    Tali's photo isn't the only reused image in ME3.

Apparently, the scenery during the post-credits scene was mostly just a slightly recolored/textured version of Winter on Mars.

This is probably not news to a bunch of you, but those who haven't seen it, it's easy to find on google.

http://www.macwallpapers.eu/bulkupload/Resolution/Tft//1280x1024/1280x1024 Winter On Mars Cold Desktop.jpg

Wait, so
    Joker landed on Mars? Dude, that makes me feel MUCH better about that part! Thank you!

That just convinces me even more that the problem with the ending was just lack of clarification. If they'd made things more clear, I would have had no problems with the ending. If they do a DLC about the ending, I hope it's just expanding on what they already made, instead of changing it.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The worst part about Banshees is when you encounter them in the story mode.
    The implication that the reapers use Ardat Yakshi specifically and that they keep some level of intelligence is fucking creepy.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    re: the ending
    I think some sort of post script might have been nice, fallout 3 had one of the worst ending sequences ever (mandatory radiation death) but it had a post script slide show that, while really kinda dumb, did give me at least something of an idea about how my choices had changed things.

me3 ending just has me make a choice, see a nice looking cutscene giving me the immediate result of that choice, something involving joker being in hyper space instead of shooting reapers(??) and then cut to credits

the old man talking to the kid didn't satisfy me as a post script, I mean from their dialogue (sparse and unchanging no matter which ending you pick) I can make the assumption that things worked out okay in distant-to-very-distant future because shepard has become a legend figure and they're able to talk about space travel and meeting new forms of life and stuff

but I dont care about the old man and the kid, or even the distant future of the mass effect universe. I care about tali and hackett and everyone else I've spent so much time working with and influencing (my shep ended at least TWO unresolvable conflicts)

there isnt even a slide show to give me even a basic idea of what happened after I was gone (for the record I was full space jesus up until the end when I chose destruction which was the renegade option I guess?) being able to assume "things worked out in the long run" doesn't bring me any satisfaction or sense of closure towards the characters and setting I spent so much time with

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    Toldo wrote: »
    Tuchanka:
    I was sure there were going to be Banshees in those Krogan ruins. Shit was scary, yo.

Yeah. Any time I have to switch on my gun light, I am this close to shitting my pants.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    whoops, this was supposed to be an edit not a quote

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    royardroyard Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    So I just learned that

Apparently, the scenery during the post-credits scene was mostly just a slightly recolored/textured version of Winter on Mars.

This is probably not news to a bunch of you, but those who haven't seen it, it's easy to find on google.

http://www.macwallpapers.eu/bulkupload/Resolution/Tft//1280x1024/1280x1024 Winter On Mars Cold Desktop.jpg

Wait, so
    Joker landed on Mars? Dude, that makes me feel MUCH better about that part! Thank you!

That just convinces me even more that the problem with the ending was just lack of clarification. If they'd made things more clear, I would have had no problems with the ending. If they do a DLC about the ending, I hope it's just expanding on what they already made, instead of changing it.

Re: Mars
    No. They landed on a garden planet. That's not Mars.

Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
    2 minutes. No commentary. Spoiler obviously.
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    charge all banshees

then backpedal furiously while realizing you need to reload

repeat

I have literally not once not been instant killed when trying to charge Banshees

fuck Banshees

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    this is some really compelling evidence for the something something ending theory

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    re: the ending
    I think some sort of post script might have been nice, fallout 3 had one of the worst ending sequences ever (mandatory radiation death) but it had a post script slide show that, while really kinda dumb, did give me at least something of an idea about how my choices had changed things.

me3 ending just has me make a choice, see a nice looking cutscene giving me the immediate result of that choice, something involving joker being in hyper space instead of shooting reapers(??) and then cut to credits

the old man talking to the kid didn't satisfy me as a post script, I mean from their dialogue (sparse and unchanging no matter which ending you pick) I can make the assumption that things worked out okay in distant-to-very-distant future because shepard has become a legend figure and they're able to talk about space travel and meeting new forms of life and stuff

but I dont care about the old man and the kid, or even the distant future of the mass effect universe. I care about tali and hackett and everyone else I've spent so much time working with and influencing (my shep ended at least TWO unresolvable conflicts)

there isnt even a slide show to give me even a basic idea of what happened after I was gone (for the record I was full space jesus up until the end when I chose destruction which was the renegade option I guess?) being able to assume "things worked out in the long run" doesn't bring me any satisfaction or sense of closure towards the characters and setting I spent so much time with
    yeah I've pretty much been saying that what I really wanted was a Fallout-ending style clip show

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    My MO:

Charge Banshee/Atlus/Brute/Prime

BACKUPfirefirefirefirefire

BACKWARDROLL

Reload!

Repeat.

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    the trick is to charge things when theyre already mid animation so you can backpedal furiously before they go back to a neutral position and wreck your shit

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    My method for dealing with a banshee or brute with my asari vanguard is about the same.

CHARGE!

Dash away while firing at it.

CHARGE!

Dash away while firing at it.

Maybe I should paint her blue if I can unlock the particle beam.

• Options
    royard wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    So I just learned that

Wait, so

Re: Mars
    No. They landed on a garden planet. That's not Mars.

Ah, good point.
    There are no plants or atmosphere there, huh. Damn.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The trick to charging Banshees, or anything with a OHKO, is to charge them when they're busy, then immediately back up a couple of feet
    Charge them from the side or from behind, when they're attacking your squadmates, when they're casting/attacking or when they're moving

If you charge straight at their face when they're looking at you and not doing anything, then proceed to stand around in melee range, you gonna get eaten

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Nope, see, Banshees pretty much only ever want to fuck wit me

and all they do is chase me and not ever actually attack until they get in OHK range and then they OHK me

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay is the best Banshee bait.

Just turn his volume down while he runs around screaming like a little girl as they chase him and then you get to shoot the banshees in the back.

• Options
    I should really upgrade stasis on my asari vanguard

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »

stasis bubble+ charge is amazing what the hell is wrong with you

• Options
    it's got a long cool down right now so I never use it!

• Options
    I like my lift grenades!

• Options
    grenades are great but odds are that some of your squadmates will have them

they can't lock down people like you can with stasis

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Man, the soundtrack is awesome

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    this is some really compelling evidence for the something something ending theory
    Yeah. I'm almost sure that the indoc theory is correct now. But I'm really not sure about the delivery. I mean, they should have given the player a chance to talk to star child and slowly realize what is going on. Sure, letting people figure it out is rewarding if they can figure it out, but the clues are kinda vague.

The audience is not detective novel fans, but people who likes to shoot and enjoy a story at its face value.

royard on
    Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

Just turn his volume down while he runs around screaming like a little girl as they chase him and then you get to shoot the banshees in the back.

If you know it, imagine the big bad wolf fight from WoW's Karazhan's theatre.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »

If you know it, imagine the big bad wolf fight from WoW's Karazhan's theatre.

Pretty much, but Zay is permanently Little Red Riding Hood.

• Options
    look

Banshees are fucking terrifying, ok???

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    A question about MP: Have they fixed the "You lose all your unlocked race/weapon" bug yet? Because if they haven't then I'm not touching MP with a 10ft pole.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »

stasis bubble+ charge is amazing what the hell is wrong with you

I get very conflicted about my Asari Vanguard. I think stasis is super cool, but I want it on an adept. I feel like the entire point of me being a vanguard is charging, and as the Asari, I usually have to stand back and stasis+shoot.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    You can be all about charge without it being your opener. People are too used to that style from Humans. Drell and Asari are just as competent, but in different ways.

• Options
    Zay wrote: »
    look

Banshees are fucking terrifying, ok???

Banshees are annoying at best

RAVAGERS, however

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    so yes we all agree that the ending is bullshit

but let's talk about something else that is bullshit

like how i haven't unlocked a single alien yet what the hell mass effect

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Yeah. I'm almost sure that the indoc theory is correct now. But I'm really not sure about the delivery. I mean, they should have given the player a chance to talk to star child and slowly realize what is going on. Sure, letting people figure it out is rewarding if they can figure it out, but the clues are kinda vague.

The audience is not detective novel fans, but people who likes to shoot and enjoy a story at its face value.
    Another telling bit is that in the final dream, he sees himself and the kid together smiling and then burning up, while the real him watches in despair.

Too bad we don't definitively know whether or not the crucible bit where he seems to be walking in open space was covered by protective glass or not. Some people have said it is, but if it's not, that's the end all be all to the indoc theory. No other explanation than it was a dream if it actually is open space.

• Options
    I wish quarian engineer was better, esepcially because it's just bugs keeping it from being amazing

it's so depressing when dudes dodge roll out of every goddamn incinerate (it hits but they're in the last frames of a dodge animation) or cryo blast refuses to track enemies

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

There is zero chance this is correect based on how the ending is presented. The information the game gives you does not support it, and it is all supposition based on the player wanting something else.

• Options
    Ending
    Yeah, the whole indoc ending thing is Bioware going "uhhhhh, how do we explain this ending casey wrote?"

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    Ending
    Yeah, the whole indoc ending thing is Bioware going "uhhhhh, how do we explain this ending casey wrote?"

Bioware didn't come up with it. Fans did.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    my Banshee Plan is to shoot at it with my shotgun and if it gets too close then I cloak or hide behind a teammate

0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.