As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect 3: Welcome To Our Thread, Here Are Your Complimentary Tasers and Cyanide Pills

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Regarding renegade interrupts in general:
    Look, my main Shepard rolls mostly Paragon, but if you pull a gun on me and I am given the option to do so, I will put you down, because I did not make it to N7 standing around letting people point guns at me.

Yep

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Let's be clear.

Renegade interrupts are about being a badass.

Sometimes this means being an asshole (like, to Mouse). Frequently, it means taking the shot instead of waiting (like that robot on Garrus's recruitment).

It's all about going:

<Shepard> Badassfully, you talk too much.

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    royard wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Regarding the required military asset score for the "best" ending.
    It's not 5000. I know that's the number everyone is throwing around the internet, but that's wrong. I had less than 4500 effective (pretty sure it was 4200 and change) and I still got that ending.

It's more complicated than that.
    It is 5000 if you didn't make TIM pull a Saren. If you use persuade on him every time, you only need 4000.
    Pretty sure I had less than 5000 effective strength and didn't manage to get TIM to pull a Saren and I still got the "best" ending as far as I know.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I really hate
    Alternate ending supposition that keeps the mass relays intact. To me that's the ultimate in "happy shiny rainbow unicorn" endings. We kill the reapers and still get to keep all the advanced technology they gave us with absolutely no consequences! Then Shepard is ressurrected on the third day and starts having babies with Tali, I suppose.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So you know that bug where you fly super high above the stage from the demo?
    4XySy.jpg

Still in the game!

ronzo on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    finish that hack

0BnD8l3.gif
  • royardroyard Registered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    It's not 5000. I know that's the number everyone is throwing around the internet, but that's wrong. I had less than 4500 effective (pretty sure it was 4200 and change) and I still got that ending.

It is 5000 if you didn't make TIM pull a Saren. If you use persuade on him every time, you only need 4000.
    Pretty sure I had less than 5000 effective strength and didn't manage to get TIM to pull a Saren and I still got the "best" ending as far as I know.
    Interesting. Were the persuasion options grayed out for you in the last confrontation or you were able to choose one?

Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
    2 minutes. No commentary. Spoiler obviously.
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I am always amused when somebody complains about missing an interrupt because they want to play paragon or some crap

Kotaku did this recently, "Bioware is punishing me for my choices!"

no, the game is giving you the chance to do something cool, that you apparently want to do, and you're pointlessly restricting yourself

haven't seen it in this thread really but I wanted to say that!

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Aw man. Just joined a public MP match and was having a lot of fun, everybody actually working as a team instead of instantly running separate ways. But was lagging like crazy and everyone kept warping around, and ended up dying on wave 10, aaaargh.

Edcrab wrote: »
    smof wrote: »
    anyone playing PC multi soon?

Could do! Although Origin is strangely unstable for me right about now
    Edcrab wrote: »
    smof wrote: »
    anyone playing PC multi soon?

Could do! Although Origin is strangely unstable for me right about now
    I would be in, but still level 1 . Have demo experience though :P

I have a level 7 vanguard but everything else is still level 1. Let me know if you guys fancy it. I don't really know how to set it up tho.

-Tal wrote: »
    I am always amused when somebody complains about missing an interrupt because they want to play paragon or some crap

no, the game is giving you the chance to do something cool, that you apparently want to do, and you're pointlessly restricting yourself

I think people still have the ME1/ME2 paragon/renegade mentality. Those two games forced you to go full paragon or renegade. This game didn't, and people are simply unaware of that.

Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

I think people still have the ME1/ME2 paragon/renegade mentality. Those two games forced you to go full paragon or renegade. This game didn't, and people are simply unaware of that.

I really love that

That was the biggest problem with the dialogue system in the last two games and they managed to fix it

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I thought that it was some sort of paragon vs renegade system in this game too

Mostly because a) it was in the previous games

and b) they don't actually explain how it now works in this one!

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ronzo wrote: »
    4XySy.jpg

Still in the game!

it's a feature not a bug
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    put on this music (spoilers: ME3 ending tune), and imagine, if you will, an ordinary vanguard in firebase ghost

this vanguard is near the end of her life
    though she does not yet know it, she approaches the Ultimate Charge, the vanguard myth, the charge to which all other charges aspire

this charge goes to where there is only health
    where the shield never breaks
    where the cooldown never triggers.

nobody knows where those who accomplish the ultimate charge go. some say they are destroyed. some say they go on to birth new life with the purity of their impact. and others yet say that every person who goes on to the ultimate charge joins with the charge, and forevermore charges with all other vanguards.

this vanguard leaves the surly bonds of gravity. she charges harder, and charges faster. briefer are her cooldowns, stronger are her impacts. first she charges between assault troopers, unflinching. then she shoots across the map, charging an atlas without fear. then she charges to another city, and strikes a thug about to shoot a man in the act of robbery.

then, she charges into space. she charges satellites processing e-crimes, ships full of batarian slavers, vile Reapers. each charge is faster and stronger than the last, streaking across the galaxy, until she at last turns and charges away- a long streak of blue, burning a light away into the darkness of space. the Ultimate Charge. peace for all vanguards.

this is what just happened to Melding.

Speed Racer on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    breaking news

concussive shot definitely knocks those fucking one hit kill animations out

so uh

use that

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    4XySy.jpg

Still in the game!

it's a feature not a bug
    put on this music (spoilers: ME3 ending tune), and imagine, if you will, an ordinary vanguard in firebase ghost

this vanguard is near the end of her life
    though she does not yet know it, she approaches the Ultimate Charge, the vanguard myth, the charge to which all other charges aspire

this charge goes to where there is only health
    where the shield never breaks
    where the cooldown never triggers.

nobody knows where those who accomplish the ultimate charge go. some say they are destroyed. some say they go on to birth new life with the purity of their impact. and others yet say that every person who goes on to the ultimate charge joins with the charge, and forevermore charges with all other vanguards.

this vanguard leaves the surly bonds of gravity. she charges harder, and charges faster. briefer are her cooldowns, stronger are her impacts. first she charges between assault troopers, unflinching. then she shoots across the map, charging an atlas without fear. then she charges to another city, and strikes a thug about to shoot a man in the act of robbery.

then, she charges into space. she charges satellites processing e-crimes, ships full of batarian slavers, vile Reapers. each charge is faster and stronger than the last, streaking across the galaxy, until she at last turns and charges away- a long streak of blue, burning a light away into the darkness of space. the Ultimate Charge. peace for all vanguards.

this is what just happened to Melding.

Always I wanna be with you

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    that article is hilarious

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    how the heck does censhorship have anything to do with people thinking something is poorly-made

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    People still read gamespot?

xet8c.gif
    you're not getting any patches for those glitches

because it's art

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    T4CT wrote: »
    breaking news

concussive shot definitely knocks those fucking one hit kill animations out

so uh

use that

Overload too, apparently.

Think I got knocked out of three or four Banshee OHKOs last night because of that.

(By the way, thank you to whoever that was, I think it was Nocren?)

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    gamers................

Clint Eastwood on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »

did he really just compare Mass Effect 3 to The Satanic Verses

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oh, so my overload spam is useful for something.

I was mainly just doing it to get assists on all the kills.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Never feel bad about spamming Chain Neural Shock Overload

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    this is the way everybody should play engineer

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

unless you're salarian

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I dunno if I want that level 6 chain though

I feel like 3 chains is gauche

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    look if you're gonna chain then chain all the way

0BnD8l3.gif
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    What the fuck is it with people leaving once I join with my level 1 N7 1 character?
    I kicked more ass as level one in silver in the demo than most level 15s

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular

Interesting. Were the persuasion options grayed out for you in the last confrontation or you were able to choose one?
    They were grayed out in the last conversation because I didn't try to persuade him on Mars.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

unless you're salarian

What's a good salarian engie build? I just unlocked him last night

They were grayed out in the last conversation because I didn't try to persuade him on Mars.
    And you got the deep breath ending? Huh, maybe the numbers are not correct after all.

--

In other news, please totally watch the video in my sig!

• dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    you're not getting any patches for those glitches

because it's art

The Free Market is demanding a better ending.

unless you're salarian

What's a good salarian engie build? I just unlocked him last night

- spec both energy drain and incinerate for raw damage whenever possible
    - I don't think the synthetic-specific perks in energy drain are worth it, but maybe you really want a leg up on geth
    - never spec decoy for anything that increases its durability, I don't think I've ever seen the decoy actually get destroyed
    that's all I've got

0BnD8l3.gif
    Some other evidence for the theory about endings: (Okay, maybe they are kinda tenuous, but they do make sense)

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The synthetic specific specs on Salarians are supposed to make up for the fact that they're the worst calls against geths

it's not really worth compromising your effectiveness overall

The synthetic specific specs on Salarians are supposed to make up for the fact that they're the worst calls against geths

it's not really worth compromising your effectiveness overall

Actually it's not synthetic specific spec at all. They description was confusing, but it actually allows you to get back 100% damage as shield WHENEVER you drain ANYTHING (excluding organic health/armor).

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    - never spec decoy for anything that increases its durability, I don't think I've ever seen the decoy actually get destroyed

Yes, no durability on the Decoy, but take the mod that damages enemies when they hit it in melee and the one at rank 6 that detonates it.

You make your own bullet sponge that distracts the hell out of enemies, draws all the close-range ones to band their heads against it and injure themselves, while everyone else sits back and shoots or flanks them.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    So I just learned that
    Tali's photo isn't the only reused image in ME3.

Apparently, the scenery during the post-credits scene was mostly just a slightly recolored/textured version of Winter on Mars.

This is probably not news to a bunch of you, but those who haven't seen it, it's easy to find on google.

http://www.macwallpapers.eu/bulkupload/Resolution/Tft//1280x1024/1280x1024 Winter On Mars Cold Desktop.jpg

Wait, so
    Joker landed on Mars? Dude, that makes me feel MUCH better about that part! Thank you!

That just convinces me even more that the problem with the ending was just lack of clarification. If they'd made things more clear, I would have had no problems with the ending. If they do a DLC about the ending, I hope it's just expanding on what they already made, instead of changing it.
    Maybe? We only know the name of the background that scene used. We don't know that was the intended destination of the Normandy.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.