As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 3: Welcome To Our Thread, Here Are Your Complimentary Tasers and Cyanide Pills

19495969798100»

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    royard wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Regarding the required military asset score for the "best" ending.
    It's not 5000. I know that's the number everyone is throwing around the internet, but that's wrong. I had less than 4500 effective (pretty sure it was 4200 and change) and I still got that ending.

It's more complicated than that.
    It is 5000 if you didn't make TIM pull a Saren. If you use persuade on him every time, you only need 4000.
    Pretty sure I had less than 5000 effective strength and didn't manage to get TIM to pull a Saren and I still got the "best" ending as far as I know.
    Interesting. Were the persuasion options grayed out for you in the last confrontation or you were able to choose one?
    They were grayed out in the last conversation because I didn't try to persuade him on Mars.
    And you got the deep breath ending? Huh, maybe the numbers are not correct after all.

--

In other news, please totally watch the video in my sig!

Did...

Did you devote your sig to making a point about the shitty ending of Mass Effect 3? That's like having a bumper sticker that says "Stalin was a tool".

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    So I just learned that
    Tali's photo isn't the only reused image in ME3.

Apparently, the scenery during the post-credits scene was mostly just a slightly recolored/textured version of Winter on Mars.

This is probably not news to a bunch of you, but those who haven't seen it, it's easy to find on google.

http://www.macwallpapers.eu/bulkupload/Resolution/Tft//1280x1024/1280x1024 Winter On Mars Cold Desktop.jpg

Wait, so
    Joker landed on Mars? Dude, that makes me feel MUCH better about that part! Thank you!
    That just convinces me even more that the problem with the ending was just lack of clarification. If they'd made things more clear, I would have had no problems with the ending. If they do a DLC about the ending, I hope it's just expanding on what they already made, instead of changing it.

Maybe? We only know the name of the background that scene used. We don't know that was the intended destination of the Normandy.

Yeah
    Someone reminded me that Mars doesn't look like that. It's not a garden world and not terriformed.

But it did make me realize that there's no reason to suppose Joker is very far away. Certainly he's within FTL speeds. Don't know why or how there's an unpopulated garden world so close to earth, though. It was being terraformed for a new colony, maybe?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    Never feel bad about spamming Chain Neural Shock Overload
    this is the way everybody should play engineer

unless you're salarian

What's a good salarian engie build? I just unlocked him last night

For Gold:

Energy Drain Rank 6 (damage, recharge, damage resist)
    Decoy Rank 3
    Incinerate Rank 6 (AoE, recharge, bonus to armour)
    Salarian Operative Rank 5 (power and capacity boosts)
    Fitness (all the shields)

p. much doesn't die.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure many people are going to dispute that the endings were subpar at best, having your signature point out the fact seems...redundant.

• Options
    royardroyard Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Regarding the required military asset score for the "best" ending.
    It's not 5000. I know that's the number everyone is throwing around the internet, but that's wrong. I had less than 4500 effective (pretty sure it was 4200 and change) and I still got that ending.

It's more complicated than that.
    It is 5000 if you didn't make TIM pull a Saren. If you use persuade on him every time, you only need 4000.
    Pretty sure I had less than 5000 effective strength and didn't manage to get TIM to pull a Saren and I still got the "best" ending as far as I know.
    Interesting. Were the persuasion options grayed out for you in the last confrontation or you were able to choose one?
    They were grayed out in the last conversation because I didn't try to persuade him on Mars.
    And you got the deep breath ending? Huh, maybe the numbers are not correct after all.

--

In other news, please totally watch the video in my sig!

Did...

Did you devote your sig to making a point about the shitty ending of Mass Effect 3? That's like having a bumper sticker that says "Stalin was a tool".

Yeah, you are right. It was really a "spur-of-the-moment" thing. And I'm kinda feeling stupid about it now. I'll need to find my old cool sig.

Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
    2 minutes. No commentary. Spoiler obviously.
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    especially when your signature can point out far more important things

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Shen wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »
    Never feel bad about spamming Chain Neural Shock Overload
    this is the way everybody should play engineer

unless you're salarian

What's a good salarian engie build? I just unlocked him last night

For Gold:

Energy Drain Rank 6 (damage, recharge, damage resist)
    Decoy Rank 3
    Incinerate Rank 6 (AoE, recharge, bonus to armour)
    Salarian Operative Rank 5 (power and capacity boosts)
    Fitness (all the shields)

p. much doesn't die.

I would say that the 100% shield recharge evolution for energy drain is better if you use light weapons.

royard on
    Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    hey, anyone around to play this game, or should i puts around in the single player until people feel like sending me tons of messages?

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Interesting that the press seems overwhelmingly in favor of the ending.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Am I on your friends list Melding, or am I not good enough

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Honestly it feels similar to the fairly positives reviews DA2 got immediately after launch.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I am in the game. Edcrab, do you have a new account? Another one than in the demo?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options

given which press it is, I'm not terribly surprised

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Regarding the readiness rating:
    The 4k vs 5k is based on keeping or destroying the reaper factory in ME2.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    I quite liked DA2. Does that make me... a secret shill

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Am I on your friends list Melding, or am I not good enough

when did you get an xbox?

• Options
    I liked it too, Ed, but I certainly understand the complaints.

• Options
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Regarding the readiness rating:
    The 4k vs 5k is based on keeping or destroying the reaper factory in ME2.

Ooooooooooooooh. Thanks.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Any time you disagree with Bioware hate you are a shill Edcrab.

I remember one time arguing with someone that if I defend the decisions of some company, that doesn't make me a shill; I'm not being paid by the company to defend them.

And he told me that the definition of shill is that it's someone who defends a corporation no matter what the reason is. I tried to explain that LANGUAGE DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT but he didn't seem capable of understanding.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Dammit Melding I forgot we are divided by format

And awe yeah same account as for the demo

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    man I would love to be paid by a company to like something

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

You look offline on my end. I'm sure it's not you ignoring me ;_;

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

given which press it is, I'm not terribly surprised

Yeah those bastards at Penny Arcade cannot be trusted

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

DA2 was really quite good, especially if you take into account the development cycle (8-12 months?)

the ending was really not very good, and depending on which side you chose you did the boss fights in different orders that potentially made little to no sense

I thought the game itself was really pretty fun and the characters were all pretty much enjoyable and overall the story was good and the gameplay had been greatly improved

but that ending

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

Edcrab hates people.

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    DA2 was really quite good, especially if you take into account the development cycle (8-12 months?)

the ending was really not very good, and depending on which side you chose you did the boss fights in different orders that potentially made little to no sense

I thought the game itself was really pretty fun and the characters were all pretty much enjoyable and overall the story was good and the gameplay had been greatly improved

but that ending

Yeah, the ending was really weak (and don't get me started on the forced dichotomy, I can and have gone on about that for days) but I don't think the total experience was diminished.

...deja vu

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I think it's more that the press overwhelmingly think the rest of the game makes up for any deficiencies in the ending, and probably feels that Bioware is getting unfairly pounded on.

Or I could just be projecting my own feelings here.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

I think it's more that the press overwhelmingly think the rest of the game makes up for any deficiencies in the ending, and probably feels that Bioware is getting unfairly pounded on.

Or I could just be projecting my own feelings here.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

Hey, if someone disagrees with their opinion they must be indoctrinated.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I really enjoyed playing DA2

I play games like those for the adventure, pokin' around in the cities and dungeons and finding neat stuff, and DAO and DA2 scratched the hell out of that itch

• Options

You look offline to me! I don't get it

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    oh my goodness
    yes

A safe place where people can express their like for DA2

(DA2 ruled)

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Varric was my bro for life with his totally awesome gunbow

This discussion has been closed.