As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Hm, I wonder what the grade that I get on my Catch 22 research paper will be

supposed to find out day we get back from spring break

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    candide is hilarious

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Passed out medication at the hospital for the first time today, woo.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I'm feeling pretty confident, as long as we don't get any curveballs thrown at us.

Sometimes when people use that particular metaphor, I like to imagine they are talking about actual baseballs being thrown at them.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • MangoTangoMangoTango Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have an A&P lab practical this afternoon. I'm just aiming to pass at this point.

MangoTango on
    Hello, and welcome to my signature.
  • MangoTangoMangoTango Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Wow, I can't figure out how to delete a post.

MangoTango on
    Hello, and welcome to my signature.
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    62 on my last French test

It's been a stressful couple of weeks.

emot-smithicide.gif

It feels bad yeah :(. I just got a 6/10 on my japanese vocab quiz, but don't worry man you'll be fine :D. Isn't that a credit at most unis?

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    For the summer I am most definitely going to take summer classes. The CCs had to drastically cut their summer offerings but two different CCs are nearby along with an occupational training center adjacent to one of the CCs. They provide training and accreditation for things like cosmetology, real estate, insurance billing, stuff like that. My parents have taken classes there and to their benefit; my dad has a job because of accreditation he got from there. The community college too offers career/technical education training.

While I would be fine taking classes counting for my BA, I am also interested in taking something more technical in nature. My dad is happy with the education he has received from these places as it has gotten him work, and my mom only found employment after high school because she attended these places (real estate and secretarial functions, basic tax preparation etc).

I could link to the course catalogs if that helps, but any thoughts into things I should look into? Maybe it turns out locksmithing and solar panel photovoltaics are hot tickets?

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Called up UH to see what was up with my application and why I hadn't gotten anything from them. I was told that I needed to get a letter from Humboldt State saying that yes, I did attend and yes I did withdraw back in 2006, and that it would be another 4 to 8 weeks after they receive it that I'd start getting stuff. Wonder when they were actually planning on telling me this. Fuck. I really hope I get housing stuff before May.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    UH admissions blowwwws.

also: Canterbury tales. Making me want to switch to Econ major

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Hampshire? Houston?

Also Economics is cool, what's your current choice?

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    hawaii

tentative English. why else would I be reading the Canterbury tales?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    also someone in my class said they had a harder time reading the tempest

I just shook my head

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    We read some of the Canterbury Tales for my lit course last fall

so Iunno

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I didn't quite care for the Canterbury Tales when I read it. My least favourite English courses have been the early modern stuff. Bleh.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    weeks in a row i have forgotten about this online music for the listener class and missed the assignment due dates: 3

woooooooo

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    So I walked in late and ran out of time and totally failed my Computer Architecture midterm.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    Two semesters of working for free at my internship just paid off (on my last day of work, no less). Just went drinking over lunch with my boss, followed by a stop at a pawn shop to look at guns.

Best workday ever.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    So, after a cold damp Michigan winter, Spring finally came.

70+ degrees and beautiful today.

Long story short, there's now a tornado warning and we're all in the basement.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i had tornado warnings two days in a row earlier this week!

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    We have monsoon rains in my part of Washington.

Surely someone is playing Jumanji...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    And the great irony is that, even with all the crazy weather, there has been no snow.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So last night my improv' troupe performed at an art academy for teenagers.

The show went well but during a warm-up game the high schoolers were given the prompt "Carpentry."

They proceeded to do scenes about carpets.

Oh art students......

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    my rhetoric prof was explaining the importance of the serial comma the other day and this was her example

"I'd like to thank my parents, Ayn Rand and God"

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    hah

Zonugal wrote: »
    So last night my improv' troupe performed at an art academy for teenagers.

The show went well but during a warm-up game the high schoolers were given the prompt "Carpentry."

They proceeded to do scenes about carpets.

Oh art students......

hahaha

also fuck I need to start getting on finishing this shit before Monday

need to do a bunch of reviews for european history and calc and write an essay

shouldn't be too hard, but I just need to find that discipline, sit down, and fucking do it

@Oghulk, the night before was our dress rehearsal during a game they asked for a profession. I said, "Cryptozoologist."

They got confused and their teacher loudly said, "What the hell is that?!?"

To which I responded, "HOW IS THIS A SCHOOL!?!?!"

Bwahahahahaha

man, I'm probably going to end up with a lot of stories lock-in night

i'm taking my laptop so I can practically liveblog any stupid fucking shit that occurs

i need to write a poem in japanese for extra credit

it can be a haiku or free verse

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    irt next quarter: take boring GEs that will probably transfer or take more interesting classes that may not transfer but that may give me a better idea of what to major in/where to transfer to?

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Just gotta write about a thousand words on a presentation I fell asleep half-way through reading to secure myself a B for one of my art classes, Do some multiple-choice questions for french (online, 3 tries to get them right) to secure my B (maybe an A if she curves stuff a bit, I know she likes me as a student), bust my ass to pull a C+ out of the astronomy class I should have taken pass/fail, and then for my studio class I've gotten an A on all of our projects and my video was featured in our last lecture, so I should be rocking an A there.

This beer needs to cool first, can't write about art without some beer. Should also go borrow a record or two from my friend down the hall.

edited March 2012
    my god this anthropology class is such bullshit, never taking a class my friend chooses ever again

got a C+ on an annotated bibliography because the sources were somehow not anthropological/sociological (not sure what standard is being used here)
    but I used the database she told us to use, and searched exactly one of the topics on the list, and had scholarly/peer reviewed enabled

and there are no other marks on the paper!

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    no wonder you're so ornery tonight

lfYVHTd.png
    actually they're unrelated

i compartmentalize things anyway, so you're not excused

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    91% on my genetics midterm
    :D

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I got 77% on my second philosophy test, MUUUUUUCH better than 43% on the last one.

Round and Grand
    Luscious and Fertile
    Your Mother

my rhetoric prof was explaining the importance of the serial comma the other day and this was her example

"I'd like to thank my parents, Ayn Rand and God"

I want to study the art of good rhetoric SO BAD

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    HellaJeff wrote: »

Round and Grand
    Luscious and Fertile
    Your Mother

But that is not a
    fucking haiku HellaJeff
    you're a silly goose