As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metastasis, a [mini-Phalla] - Game Over. Mafia Victory.

1131415161719»

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    We executed Void Slayer for coming up with the plan in the first place.

But I was the one that decided to vote for the dead first, and I put up smoove's name as well.

You know what, you just get to be Day One'd next game.

Welcome to Phalla :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    PHALLA: If you're getting grudged, you're doing it right.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Es of a Bee, someone start a new phalla so I can work off these grudges.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Nothing wrong with taking advantage of your new player status to do some crazy things : D

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    :)

I look forward to being grudge voted to the max in the next phalla.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Nothing wrong with taking advantage of your new player status to do some crazy things : D

You only get one chance to be new, might as well make the most it!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

WHAT?!?

Can I pre-sign up?

edit: oh man, please don't use this as a way to get back at me for this game...

edit2: if you need help with ideas, I would love to help, also.

What kind of host would I be if I let grudges color my view of who got which roles in a phalla?. I'll let the almighty RNG handle things, with a little help from you guys (i.e. stealing Baidol's ME vote idea).

Though, you will be my next day 1, don't worry about that. ;p
    ME vote idea?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

WHAT?!?

Can I pre-sign up?

What kind of host would I be if I let grudges color my view of who got which roles in a phalla?. I'll let the almighty RNG handle things, with a little help from you guys (i.e. stealing Baidol's ME vote idea).

ME vote idea?
    The RNG roles were picked differently depending on the charecter players voted on to die at the begining.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Man, this thread is more active post-game than during it.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Because chatting is frowned upon on the signup thread and there's nothing else going on :P

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The whole thing with the rac1 proteins revealing to try to get converted is interesting; this actually happened en masse in Color Wheel Phalla, pretty much precluding any chance of a white victory.

One solution I've thought about for games like these is to use Major/Minor Victory conditions.

Basically every player in the game has a major victory condition, the standard village vs. mafia stuff or what have you.

The convertable roles have their default major victory condition, and are told if they are converted they have failed their major victory condition and will receive a minor victory condition.

I think the emotive distinction between receiving a "major victory" and "minor victory" would really help players play to their current win condition. Losing a bit of glory would be enough to stop players from playing against their win condition whilst unconverted, and if you do just randomly get converted you're not going to feel particularly bad about just getting a minor victory at the end of it; it's not really your fault. What do you think?

(It should be noted you wouldn't want to use this system in a game where a player doesn't know they can be converted and thus wouldn't have reason to seek out a conversion).

I've seen this used in some games but I don't really see how it works. Winning is a binary state in these game. You either won, or you lost. We're not tallying points to get a Phallascore, at the end of the game there's just people who achieved a goal and people who didn't.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

WHAT?!?

Can I pre-sign up?

ME vote idea?
    The RNG roles were picked differently depending on the charecter players voted on to die at the begining.

I have made my mark on phalla history.

I can now retire in glory.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I still can't believe that game. Hilarity to watch.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The whole thing with the rac1 proteins revealing to try to get converted is interesting; this actually happened en masse in Color Wheel Phalla, pretty much precluding any chance of a white victory.

One solution I've thought about for games like these is to use Major/Minor Victory conditions.

Basically every player in the game has a major victory condition, the standard village vs. mafia stuff or what have you.

The convertable roles have their default major victory condition, and are told if they are converted they have failed their major victory condition and will receive a minor victory condition.

I think the emotive distinction between receiving a "major victory" and "minor victory" would really help players play to their current win condition. Losing a bit of glory would be enough to stop players from playing against their win condition whilst unconverted, and if you do just randomly get converted you're not going to feel particularly bad about just getting a minor victory at the end of it; it's not really your fault. What do you think?

(It should be noted you wouldn't want to use this system in a game where a player doesn't know they can be converted and thus wouldn't have reason to seek out a conversion).

I've seen this used in some games but I don't really see how it works. Winning is a binary state in these game. You either won, or you lost. We're not tallying points to get a Phallascore, at the end of the game there's just people who achieved a goal and people who didn't.

I don't keep track of my victories and losses at all, personally. It's just the glory of playing an exciting game as well as I can, which would include trying to meet a major victory condition over a minor one. Frankly, winning is only a binary state for you because you decided to reduce it to that. You're not alone in that regard, but the whole thing is entirely subjective and absolutely not a "fact of the game".

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Just wait til you have a Law named after you that, later, is completely invalidated.
    Ahh, good times.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Damnit Rawk now I have an urge to count up my win/lossess :S

• Options
    My Phallascore is PERSONA SPECTURM YELLOW DR. LUCKY NEUTRAL CHAIN COMBO points.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I only remember my wins as mafia

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    My Phallascore is PERSONA SPECTURM YELLOW DR. LUCKY NEUTRAL CHAIN COMBO points.

Don't listen to the outed baddie.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the game, MrT!

This was super fun!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1