As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bat-Thread: Bruce Wayne, International Hairy Chested Love God of Mystery

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Huh. That cover is still really awkward.

So how old are the different Robins exactly? Dick must be about 30, right? So Jason is... 25? Tim is 20? and Damian is 10 or 12?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    In the DCnU, Damian is 10, Tim is 16/17, Jason is like 19/20, Dick is 21

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I have to admit, for a moment there I thought Jason somehow was in the Red Robin suit again.

They should've come up with something a little more balanced for the cover. Not that it's that easy to fit five characters onto a cover shot if they're doing anything other than standing there.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Gleason has a new inker since B&R right?

I still like the look of his work but for some reason it's not near his GLC stuff. Not sure if he's being much less detailed because of the new deadlines or what.

Keith wrote: »

wait what
    about Dick being Batman

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

wait what
    about Dick being Batman

He was Batman for a year

He became Robin when he was 16

Huh. I guess if it works out OK...

All of the Batman stuff on my wishlist just sits there. I really should start buying Bat-trades some day.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    B&R #7 was really good, some great fight scenes by Gleason and some brutal panels, and an ending I really hope is followed through on, because it would work to set up a real difference between the two.
    Damian seemed to really kill Morgan with his head punch brain thing he learned.

TexiKen on
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    B&R #7 was really good, some great fight scenes by Gleason and some brutal panels, and an ending I really hope is followed through on, because it would work to set up a real difference between the two.
    Wasn't the head punch thing he learned meant to only knock them out if done properly?

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Wasn't the head punch thing he learned meant to only knock them out if done properly?
    But Morgan also told him that too much would also kill them, I think it was in issue #5. Or it was implied by the talk about what it does to the brain.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    But Morgan also told him that too much would also kill them, I think it was in issue #5. Or it was implied by the talk about what it does to the brain.
    The Immobilize move also looked like a touch, this looked more like his hand was pushed into Morgan's head, fingers all up in the sinus's type thing.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    The Immobilize move also looked like a touch, this looked more like his hand was pushed into Morgan's head, fingers all up in the sinus's type thing.
    yeah, we even got that extra squishy sound effect (nicely contrasted against the full page splash

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I'm pretty surprised by the end of B&R
    I can't help wondering why the writer killed Nobody there. Does he perhaps think that he should only be one off villain and not want him to join the Gallery? Or does he have something else planned for him?

Quire.jpg
    I can't help wondering why the writer killed Nobody there. Does he perhaps think that he should only be one off villain and not want him to join the Gallery? Or does he have something else planned for him?
    It's kind of a big moment for Damian

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    It is, I get that. You just don't normally create a character, especially one with such obvious care put into him, and then kill him at the end of the story arc. I would find it strange if we saw nothing more of Ducard.

Quire.jpg
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Anyone feel Batwoman is starting to get a little overwritten? So many references, so much stuff.

It's funny to see the panel layouts this last issue after Reeder said she wasn't going to do anything crazy, though.

huntresssig.jpg
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Batman and Robin #7's ending sort of lost it's impact for me because
    Morrison pretty much had him do the same thing at the end of Batman Inc Season 1, didn't he? With Doctor Dedalus?
    I loved the rest of it though.

Tairu on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Also, puns on the villain's name delivered with the utmost seriousness.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-sequels-hollywood-should-have-made-by-now/ , specifically #1, that would be a really fun Elseworlds story.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It's kind of a big moment for Damian
    He might not be dead, maybe just in a coma... no, he's dead. I enjoyed the ending even though it was pretty clear Damien was going to kill again (eventually) so he and Bruce can have their differences highlighted. I was surprised he did it this soon into the series and am very interested to see how this plays out.

Caveman Paws on
    Batman #7 was fantastic, nice big reveal that some people here called earlier:
    The Talon that Bruce fought was actually Dick's great-grandfather, brought back to life by the court through something stuck in one of his teeth.

Dick gets upset about Bruce holding secrets and then punches Dick, knocking loose a tooth that had the same stuff in it.

Haley's Circus basically worked for the court of owls, showcasing top level kids talent to become their next Talons.

The only thing I didn't understand about the issue was who that girl was in the beginning, I can't remember her being in any of Snyder's work up to now.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    I wonder if that girl was meant to be that girl/secretary from Morrison's run

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    I don't think so, her name was
    Harper? Do we know any Harpers in the Batworld?

I kept thinking
    is she related to Jim Harper, the Guardian? Does he even exist anymore?

I'm personally hoping
    Guardian no longer exists, VIVA LA MANHATTAN GUARDIAN

According to Snyder's twitter, she is a new character.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Batman #7 was fantastic, nice big reveal that some people here called earlier:
    The Talon that Bruce fought was actually Dick's great-grandfather, brought back to life by the court through something stuck in one of his teeth.

Dick gets upset about Bruce holding secrets and then punches Dick, knocking loose a tooth that had the same stuff in it.

Haley's Circus basically worked for the court of owls, showcasing top level kids talent to become their next Talons.

The only thing I didn't understand about the issue was who that girl was in the beginning, I can't remember her being in any of Snyder's work up to now.

Note, Nightwing also deals directly with this.
    The current villain is the kid they took instead of Dick, who hates Dick for becoming a hero.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Dick must not go to the dentist much. Guy never got a dental x-ray?

akajaybay wrote: »

Clearly the dentists in Gotham work for the Court of Owls as well. No doubt to ensure the owlteeth are being properly cared for.

Clearly the dentists in Gotham work for the Court of Owls as well. No doubt to ensure the owlteeth are being properly cared for.

I can't imagine spending as much time in the cave as Dick has and not getting scanned by numerous Bat-gadgets. What I really am curious about is
    Does Dick have that stuff bonded to his cells? Yes the "spark plug" tooth has been removed, but if he dies and someone zaps him, will he come back all Talon-y?

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

I can't imagine spending as much time in the cave as Dick has and not getting scanned by numerous Bat-gadgets. What I really am curious about is
    Does Dick have that stuff bonded to his cells? Yes the "spark plug" tooth has been removed, but if he dies and someone zaps him, will he come back all Talon-y?

I'm honestly surprised
    that Bruce didn't leave the tooth in. Its like the ultimate move in being prepared. Sure, one of his enemies can go and kill Dick, but with that tooth in, Bruce could just zap the first Robin and bring him back. If Jason had a tooth like this, the Joker + Crowbar combo wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

PSN|AspectVoid
    AspectVoid wrote: »

I'm honestly surprised
    that Bruce didn't leave the tooth in. Its like the ultimate move in being prepared. Sure, one of his enemies can go and kill Dick, but with that tooth in, Bruce could just zap the first Robin and bring him back. If Jason had a tooth like this, the Joker + Crowbar combo wouldn't have been nearly as effective.

Well,
    He could have it put back in. In fact, he probably will. It's too good of a thing to leave lying around, story-wise.

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    So I continued my slow accretion of Grant Morrison Batman today - since my big birthday gift to myself (the Boxee box) turned out to be a big disappointment, I swung by the FLCS and grabbed Time and the Batman and The Return of Bruce Wayne.

One question: in the RIP "missing episodes" in Time and the Batman, are they trying to imply that Bruce knew about the secret Barbatos room?

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    Snyder's run on Batman has been nothing short of amazing as of late. But, with Night of the Owls about to start up, how imperative is it for me to grab the other stories within the Bat family?

kfrooster wrote: »
    Snyder's run on Batman has been nothing short of amazing as of late. But, with Night of the Owls about to start up, how imperative is it for me to grab the other stories within the Bat family?

Nightwing's the only tie-in of any import, but it probably won't be essential. All the tie-ins that one month look to be just "here's an owl 4 fite"

huntresssig.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Apparently Dark Knight #8 is getting a last minute fill-in issue by Joe Harris and Ed Benes. It's one thing to have fill-in artists on pages with the same week, every week schedule, but this is the first time for the reboot we seem to have a complete fill-in group.

This is interesting because there was all this talk about Finch really trying to get his stuff out on time again and get 10 or twelve issues in a row. And on top of this he got food poisoning in Mexico while going to attend a convention.

TexiKen on
    Apparently Dark Knight #8 is getting a last minute fill-in issue by Joe Harris and Ed Benes. It's one thing to have fill-in artists on pages with the same week, every week schedule, but this is the first time for the reboot we seem to have a complete fill-in group.

This is interesting because there was all this talk about Finch really trying to get his stuff out on time again and get 10 or twelve issues in a row. And on top of this he got food poisoning in Mexico while going to attend a convention.

Well we know DC has a fill-in issue prepared of every series just in case

guess this is the first time they've had to use one

huntresssig.jpg
    Dark Knight still looks bad (not art-wise just everything else-wise).

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    I don't know why someone would read Dark Knight when Batman is right there

because they want more batmans

all the batmans

also because the batmens need to be darker, and grittier, and have the big muscles

batman and batman, inc are for the discerning comics reader

the dark knight and detective sell well to the undiscerning, very big on masculinity comics reader who wants more boobs, guns, and gore

huntresssig.jpg