As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Secret Huntress Fan Club! (DC Comics: The New 52)

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Not one of you have mentioned the pouches. Not. One. You know how much pride he takes in those.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Of all Liefelds artistic quirks, that sword handles thing has to be the strangest. He puts them on everybody.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    He is already holding one sword, and appears to have two more on his back. Why does he need three swords? Does he hold one in his mouth like that guy from One Piece? Does he switch between a single-sword or dual-wielding style as the situation calls for it or mood strikes him?

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    They're katanas, duuuuh. They're for jobs no Western sword can do.

huntresssig.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Liefeld sure loves drawing what he thinks are sword handles on peoples' backs, but they're always too tiny and you never see the rest of the swords

And sometimes other artists don't know that they're supposed to be swords. Or giant rectangular guns, as the case may be.

R8PZT.jpg

That said, I think that Deathstroke actually isn't bad. There's a stiffness to it, that gun looks like the slide's supposed to be going back and isn't, and his leg looks really short, but the inking and coloring do a pretty admirable job of trying to save the pencils.

It's hilarious to see Generic Liefeld Man next to Reed and Banshee. Poor Reed.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Munch wrote: »
    Liefeld sure loves drawing what he thinks are sword handles on peoples' backs, but they're always too tiny and you never see the rest of the swords

And sometimes other artists don't know that they're supposed to be swords. Or giant rectangular guns, as the case may be.

R8PZT.jpg

That said, I think that Deathstroke actually isn't bad. There's a stiffness to it, that gun looks like the slide's supposed to be going back and isn't, and his leg looks really short, but the inking and coloring do a pretty admirable job of trying to save the pencils.

Are those just handles sprouting from his shoulders?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited March 2012
    Yup. The artist couldn't tell that Cable's ridiculous guns were supposed to be guns, and interpreted them as some kind of shoulder accessory.

Maybe he thought they were exhaust pipes.

Munch on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Do you know what issue that's from? That might just be the most absurd thing I've ever seen in a comic book. HOW did that get printed? Wasn't there anyone at any stage of the creative/editorial process who said "um, actually..."?

And yes, the actual Deathstroke figure on that cover isn't half bad, for Liefeld.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    The silver ribbing is similar to his arm, so he probably thought that they were protrusions from his body.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That Deathstroke is awful, guys.

Do you know what issue that's from?

Someone posted it on another comics forum first, so I can't be sure.

But, going off that editor's note box, it was part of the Days of Future Present story, which included New Mutants Annual #6, guest starring the Fantastic Four. So, that'd be my best guess.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I am so excited for Dial H.
    So very, very excited.

edited March 2012
    Munch wrote: »

R8PZT.jpg

I like to think they are exhaust pipes. His costume is so rectangular, he looks like some kind of semi tractor trailer man.

Gaslight on
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Are they releasing a trade of that huntress miniseries?

glithert wrote: »

I can't imagine they won't.

huntresssig.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    glithert wrote: »

I can't imagine they won't.

It is DC though, so they will release it thirteen months from next Tuesday and it will be missing something important and there will be a bonus feature of two or three coloring errors or flipped panels.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    enhanced-buzz-10202-1331787122-129.jpg
    Swamp Thing's new look

CYpGAPn.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    not digging the antlers

• Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    I wonder if that's going to be permanent or just because those are the plants in the area he's in.

My color is black to the blind
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Hm. Well, Francesco Francavilla is going to be drawing issue ten. And he doesn't have them in that cover.

edited March 2012
    That probably isn't the actual cover

Francavilla loves to draw poster-style stuff for fun

and DC made a big deal about this being Swamp Thing's BRAND NEW LOOK so it is the real deal

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    Well, it could also be a flashback scene since the arc is The Return of Arcane.

• herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    The antlers would make sense if Jeff Lemire was writing it.

Also Francavilla needs to draw every issue of everything.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I like the antlers, but the generic fangtooth crown? And what's with the ascending V-pattern arcing up his torso?

It's like they want to make Swamp-Thing part dragon.

There's hardly any 'plant' on him now.

edited March 2012
    I like the antlers, but the generic fangtooth crown? And what's with the ascending V-pattern arcing up his torso?

That is all bark

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »

That is all bark

nah, look at his mouth

he's got some bite in him

herojoe wrote: »
    Also Francavilla needs to draw every issue of everything.
    Agreed.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Swamp Thing had wings last issue, if he starts pulling a Hawkman where he has nth metal green power, well, I look forward to Rob Liefield taking over the book in 6 months.

• JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

That is all bark

nah, look at his mouth

he's got some bite in him

This is why I come here.

i'll be here all week! tip your waitress

I wish the antlers looked more like tree limbs. They're not spindly enough.

Other than that, it looks like Swamp Thing Classic, except with more noodling lines and arrows pointing at his crotch.

But, I think Swamp Thing's actually one character who can be covered in all kinds of details and lines, without looking "wrong." Of course, when I was a kid, I had the full line of Swamp Thing action figures, including this guy:

8cryC.jpg

So, to my mind, he's pretty malleable.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I figure that he can just grow whatever appendages he happens to want at a given moment, which should allow an artist to go in a variety of directions.

I thought that
    the wings from the most recent issue were cool, but obviously they aren't a permanent thing.

edited March 2012
    Power Girl's World's Finest #1 costume:

1328898931.jpg

And apparently the revised PG costume, with a more apparent "P" on the front left:

power-girl-and-huntress.jpg

a better Perez image below for WF #2
    wfinecv2.jpg

TexiKen on
    Bad to worse.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    hardcore mom hair

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    I like the new costume compared to the old new costume, the racing stripes on the side work better, and having the costume cover the arms looks better than wearing the golden arm guards. I think it's the addition of blue that I like.

hardcore mom hair

pretty much

poor kara

huntresssig.jpg
    Parts of it are better than the old one

but both are not very good and her hair/face are terrible in the new one

CYpGAPn.png
    Honestly that middle Perez image makes me vomit and I just want him to go away

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.