As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    What is the easiest way to gift someone The St Patties Day bundle if you don't know/have their email address?

steam_sig.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    What is the easiest way to gift someone The St Patties Day bundle if you don't know/have their email address?

Probably buying a bundle as a gift for yourself and then giving him the link.

camo_sig2.png
  • alexanderswangalexanderswang Registered User regular
    Information about former Groupees Bundles has been added to our thread.

There is always a way.
  • KovaelinKovaelin Registered User new member
    Thanks for keeping this thread updated for everyone.

• starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Greed: black border confirmed as first game in indiegala3 on twitter. Yes, the same game that is also appearing in face kick. Does not bode well for ig3 since face kicks preorder has been up for a while.

camo_sig2.png
    Also via twitter/steam thread:

expansion patch coming for hard reset, all owners get it automatically including indie Royale buyers

camo_sig2.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Flying Wild Hog, the Hard Reset devs, are approaching a critical mass of classiness.

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    How does Indie Royale game installation work? If the game says "Windows," does it just give you a download link to a DRM-free executable installer like the Humble Indie Bundle does?

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    How does Indie Royale game installation work? If the game says "Windows," does it just give you a download link to a DRM-free executable installer like the Humble Indie Bundle does?

yep

steam_sig.png
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »

yep
    Cool, thanks. This Indie Royale bundle looks nice! If I remember I'm going to pick it up when I get home from work tomorrow.

Pretty much everything on the Indie Royale Bundles will activate on Desura, if not everything.

edited March 2012
    But for Desura, the IR bundle code acts like a Steam HiB code. One code for however many games.

Just fyi as there probably aren't that many people who have a lot of duplicate games on desura.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    HIB Android #2 incoming:
    This new bundle for March is the successor to their first Android offering. This new bundle will be introduced as "The Humble Bundle for Android 2" and set to include the following games: Canabalt, Zen Bound 2, Cogs, and Avadon. If contributing more than the floating average price, the Swords & Soldiers game will also be included. Also included for most of the games is the games' soundtracks.
    The Humble Bundle for Android #2 features:
    * the meditative 3D puzzler, Zen Bound 2;
    * the indie parkour platformer, Canabalt;
    * the critically acclaimed, steampunk, indie puzzler, Cogs;
    * an Android tablet special -- the epic, old-school role-playing game, Avadon: The Black Fortress;
    * and for users who pay more than the average price, the vibrant, side-scrolling strategy title, Swords & Soldiers.

While this is another Android-focused bundle, the titles are also available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X, as usual. Steam keys for these games are provided for those who pay more than $1 USD.

Source

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    That new HIB is...pretty meh. I already own Cogs, Canabalt was originally free, and I'm not really a fan of puzzle games. Avadon is about the only game in that bundle that sounds interesting. So...eh.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    That bundle is now live, and as the owner of an Android phone that can make use of most of those games, I've actually gone in for it. Go me!

forumsig.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    New humble Android bundle.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Canabalt
    Zen Bound 2
    Cogs
    Avadon: The Black Fortress (tablet only)
    Swords and Soldiers (pay more than average)

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • JelloJelloJelloJello Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I got the first bundle from Wolfire that had World of Goo and whatever but the charity angle really soured me. And it seems they're still doing this.

After the games were released, there was apparently a lot of piracy. Because all they did was send you a link to download the games and anybody could share these links. So some guy at Wolfire got on his high horse and started going on about how these people are cheating charities. And further, he suggested that people who only gave a penny weren't much better than these charity-swindling pirates. I gave a penny and I'm aware that PayPal fees mean that they lost money, but they should have set a minimum payment then. I'm being berated by following the rules that they set up.

And as for the charity angle, it's just distasteful. Guilting people by saying, "IT'S FOR CHARITY!". If the owner of Wolfire really wants to donate to charity, he would do so and he wouldn't tell anyone about it. But he's using charity to increase sales.

Why don't they just say, "Here are some games. Pay whatever you think is appropriate. We worked on these games for a while and we all have bills to pay so, you know, times are tough but anything you can afford would be appreciated". I'd be down with that. But get rid of the totally disingenuous charity nonsense and don't insult me for paying less than you think is appropriate.

JelloJello on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    You may be surprised to hear this, but by giving a penny, you were an asshole.

liEt3nH.png
    You may be surprised to hear this, but by giving a penny, you were an asshole.

What if I gave a dollar? What's the minimum amount that would be acceptable for Wolfire? That's the amount they should use.

And don't do this nonsense where they suggest $100 as the first "donation" amount. And the lowest is $15. You have to click "custom" to go lower than that. "BUT IT'S FOR CHARITY!" No, it's just sleazy marketing. Be honest with your potential customers and then you'll get my business.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    But you can set how much of what you give goes to charity. You can literally give the indie developers nothing, and give the entirety of the proceeds from your particular sale to charity. The power is 100% in the hands of the consumer. You've built up the people behind this into some Machiavellian manipulators utilizing people's generosity for their own profits, and presumably feel that you've quite cleverly subverted those vile scum by only handing them a penny.

It doesn't matter if you "played by the rules that they set up". It's not against any sort of rules for me to yell at people on the street that they're ugly fat sluts but I don't do it because it would make me an asshole. Likewise when a bunch of people get together and do a nice thing and let you get a bunch of indie games for a price you want, and you choose a price that actively costs them money, that makes you an asshole, regardless of the circumstance.

liEt3nH.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Have a look at his post history, and realise he's a troll and not worth responding to.

But you can set how much of what you give goes to charity.

Well, I know. But that's not the point. There's a reason that they're emphasising that money is going to charity. And it's not because they're charitable people. They add the charity angle to increase sales. It's a marketing tactic.
    feel that you've quite cleverly subverted those vile scum by only handing them a penny.

I chose to support PayPal.
    It's not against any sort of rules for me to yell at people on the street that they're ugly fat sluts

Pretty sure it is. Try it out and see how long it takes before the police arrive.
    Likewise when a bunch of people get together and do a nice thing and let you get a bunch of indie games for a price you want

They're selling the games because they want money. That's fine. They're making games and they're trying to make a living out of it. But be straight about it. Don't hide behind charity.

they see me trollin'

they hatin'

DISAPPOINTED that the new HiB is another halfass android release. Heres hoping another one comes down the pipe line pretty quickly.

camo_sig2.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    they see me trollin'

they hatin'

DISAPPOINTED that the new HiB is another halfass android release. Heres hoping another one comes down the pipe line pretty quickly.

I'd like if they went back to being uncommon, exciting bundles. When I got the email about this one I looked at it for a couple of seconds then deleted it. Avadon's pretty cool, I guess, but it only works on tablets.

• striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    I'm with you guys. This looks like a HIB I'm skipping even though I often go for mediocre bundles. Several people have said Avadon is good so maybe I'll throw a few bucks before it's over, but I doubt it.

steam_sig.png
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    I'm with you guys. This looks like a HIB I'm skipping even though I often go for mediocre bundles. Several people have said Avadon is good so maybe I'll throw a few bucks before it's over, but I doubt it.

Extras are what will decide it for me. Not really interested in this lineup at all; I have Cogs already and have yet to play it and the idea of having Android versions isn't so appealing to me anymore since I received my iPad. Avadon is the only thing mildly interesting, but I have absolutely no idea when I'd get around to playing it (if ever).

steam_sig.png
    I already own Avadon, swords and soldiers, and cogs (fuck cogs). I'm not 100% sure what this zenbound thing. but I feel safe in passing. Canabalt looks pretty good, but I don't want to encourage this type of bundle any further.

But, like Bullio, I'll be in for one if they sweeten the pot with something worthwhile.

camo_sig2.png
  • SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    I already own Avadon, swords and soldiers, and cogs (fuck cogs). I'm not 100% sure what this zenbound thing. but I feel safe in passing. Canabalt looks pretty good, but I don't want to encourage this type of bundle any further.

But, like Bullio, I'll be in for one if they sweeten the pot with something worthwhile.

I owe the same stuff too, but I bought the bundle anyway. The Android ports are the selling point for the recent bundles, so I guess the appeal is drastically limited if you're heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem instead. Also, the soundtracks do add a bit of value to it.

steam_sig.png
  • CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    For those still interested in the Face Kick Bundle, the countdown is up: 5 days and 13 hours till the bundle goes live.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    striderjg wrote: »

Yeah, pass. I bought the first Android HIB, tried for a couple hours to download the games which kept failing, and then realized I don't play games on my Android anyway and gave up. I want a real bundle.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Catshade wrote: »
    For those still interested in the Face Kick Bundle, the countdown is up: 5 days and 13 hours till the bundle goes live.

Is it me, or did the Face Kick Bundle not have one of the most obscenely long lead-up times in indie bundle memory?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Bundle in a Box has been floating in the nether forever.

But I bet even if we combined both lead times, they would still be less than half the length of Indie Gala 2's actual duration.

camo_sig2.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

But I bet even if we combined both lead times, they would still be less than half the length of Indie Gala 2's actual duration.

Indie Gala 2's duration was is (I had to check to see if it was still going on an it is!) ridiculous.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Indie Gala 2's duration was is (I had to check to see if it was still going on an it is!) ridiculous.
    I feel a little sorry for them.

steam_sig.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Bah, none of the Android Bundle 2 games work on my phone, and only Toki Tori works from the last one.
    And I already finished the Wii version of that ages ago.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    Indie Roayle: The Ninja Pack is up!!!

With only one game for now: 10 min space strategy ** only available on Desura.

There is always a way.
    edited March 2012
    Indie Roayle: The Ninja Pack is up!!!

With only one game for now: 10 min space strategy ** only available on Desura.

and down now......

alexanderswang on
    There is always a way.
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    How does the ninja pack work?

EDIT: It's down. The timer had 143 hours remaining on it before it went.

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
    10 Minute Space Strategy is a free game, isn't it?

I know I got it off of their website for free anyway.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I sort of hope there's a few more Humble Android Bundles in the works, just because such a large portion of the games are new to the platform. Which is probably why they're mostly simpleish things like Zen Bound 2 and Cannabalt this time; there's a limit to how fast things can be ported.

Frem on