As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Patient Zero - Story-driven Convention Game - Updated 8/10

• staplersareshinystaplersareshiny Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well... don't count that option out yet. The way the game works is that there are specific things that are planned on happening story-wise throughout the game. By completing missions, you'll receive information that will allow you to affect these events and even stop them, but your actions will have consequences, which are often times unknown until you make them.

And it's not something that we can map out really, since so many teams will be doing things at the same time. We do know some of the more likely outcomes, but we are not planning on any one oucome for this game, that's up to you guys. After the game, we'll pick up what's left and craft the next one from where you guys leave it. And for those wondering, the complete destruction of Seattle and an all-player wipe is possible.

I would love to get together and do something Sunday night or Monday morning, so we'll try to put together something for those interested.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fill out those factions. Come on people, we need more signups!

Officer on
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Strike Force PAX ftw

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Enforcer team is forming as of now. :D

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A decent number of free agents on the Shiga side, but no one is inviting us on any teams.

atray on
    edited July 2007
    atray wrote: »
    A decent number of free agents on the Shiga side, but no one is inviting us on any teams.

A Join Request function is being added in the next day or so, according to staplersareshiny. He says you will be able to ask a team if you can join, and the leader has the option to accept you or not.

Officer on
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    awesome :)

atray on
    edited July 2007
    Okay, so I'm hearing that apparently someone changed some of the links on the TDL wiki over to my site this morning, which is just not cool.

Tony and Graeme and company have put together a game of massive proportions, and the convention is way big enough for us both to get along. While I appreciate the support, this kind of stuff reflects poorly on everyone. That is all.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Strike Force PAX has become the first full team in Patient Zero. I just thought I'd point that out to everybody as an incentive to get your teams formed and if you haven't gotten signed up, go do it!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Strike Force PAX has become the first full team in Patient Zero. I just thought I'd point that out to everybody as an incentive to get your teams formed and if you haven't gotten signed up, go do it!

Strike Force PAX, is GO!
    randomguy wrote:
    forming up like mother fuckin voltron!

Officer on
  • The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Recruit wrote: »
    randomguy wrote:
    forming up like mother fuckin voltron!

I call not-leg.

The Deliverator on
    edited July 2007
    I also call not-leg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    I also call not-leg

Not Leg!

Haw Haw! Randomguy and Broken Angel are legs now!

Officer on
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Recruit wrote: »
    I also call not-leg

Not Leg!

Haw Haw! Randomguy and Broken Angel are legs now!

without us you would all just be an Oblong

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
    edited July 2007
    BobOblongPortrait.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dammit I am one hot robot leg though.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited July 2007
    The England faction is now up and selectable for team creation and lone wolf agents. Also, there will be a Team Request functionality added to later today that will allow you to send a pre-built message to a Team Leader. More on that tonight!

Oh yes, the iPhone is wonderfull. :D

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Santeria64Santeria64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm in, it's gonna be great.
    Team Tyler MIGHT be looking for a fifth for our Sorengard team, watch for that if you aren't on a team already.

Santeria64 on
    468D7F011B6A9.png
    edited July 2007
    If you're looking for a Team, your task should be a little easier now, as Team Requests are live. Check out the News post on the site and shoot me an email if you have any questions phillip@phenixone.com.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
    edited July 2007
    Dude, staplersareshiny, I think you should close off the Shiga faction and leave the English faction alone open. I mean, Shiga is growing and is up to about 24 members, New York is sitting locked still at 13 and England, as of right now, has 1 member.

Just a though, since the factions are getting way unbalanced in numbers.

Officer on
    edited July 2007
    Agreed, Shiga is locked and the fourth faction will probably come up this weekend as well, considering the growth we've seen over the last few days. That was my bad, but it will work itself out over time.

There's a new algorithm coming that will limit the total number of player for a faction, for both teams and lonewolf agents. It should open New York back up for a time.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is gonna be mighty interesting.

de4dmeta1 on
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This looks like it will be fun.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dammit. I got an account and I got to the validation screen and it said my phone carrier wasn't supported. I have no way of accessing my email unless I am at a computer all the time at PAX. Oh, well.

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
    edited July 2007
    Is should have also said it on the User Information page. Shoot me a text message with your carrier as the subject to validateme@phenixone.com and I'll see if I can add it to the list.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ok, lemme do that.

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't wait!!

I just thought of this, this is gonna by my first Live ARG game thing. OOO fun.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
    edited July 2007
    Mine too! :D

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
    edited July 2007
    New faction up, everyone welcome Macau to the mix. There are now teams on the two latest factions: England United and Macau Judiciary that are what we are calling free teams, as in fee for all. If you send a Team request to this team, then you will be invited to it, up to the maximum. Feel free to send requests to any other teams as well.

On the subject of Team Requests, there was an error that may have prevented some of you from making a request which should be fixed now. If you encounter problems with the site or feel something is not working the way it should, shoot me a line at phillip@phenixone.com. Thanks and enjoy the game!

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • MLORDMLORD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Excellent idea for PAX this is my first time round but looking forward to all it has to offer. The only problem I was having is becoming a team leader maybe I missed something in the registration process. I am part of the england faction and will be recruiting about 1-2 members depending on the help from the admin of the site to get me into team lead status heh. :P

MLORD on
    M.LORD
    Staticwave Entertainment
    AIM DJMLORD2001
    edited July 2007
    I believe you just need to click on the Team Leader section on the Accounts screen and you can create your team there. You become a team leader when you create a team. From there you can invite or your friends and people you recruit can request to become part of your team.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    Thanks, Moe. The only thing I'll add is that players now need to be validated before the Team Leader option will become enabled. That option is found on the Character page in the Character Account area.

MLORD, sent you some info on what you need to do to become a Team Leader. If anyone else has any questions on the game, shoot me a line.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
    edited July 2007
    I was just looking at the Factions section and I noticed the New York appears to be in the minority, any chance you could lock England and Shiga and keep New York and Macau open?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    There's going to be some re-evaluation on the faction balance later on today. New York should open back up then.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Defenders of the Jersey Shore (New York) is hoping to fill out with other people from the East Coast. Of course... I still need to submit a valid picture.

Edit: Now where did that signature go...

PeasantDave on
    edited July 2007
    To help with faction balance, each faction now has an upper limit of players now, which includes solo agents and Teams. Once the limit has been reached the faction cannot be selected and invites for that faction can only be done for players already allied to it.

Due to this, both Shiga and England are now in double secret lockdown, and New York is now free to accept new agents. As more players sign up, we'll be increasing the limit to compensate and there is one more faction that will be added if needed.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmm. I really want to give it a try, but I'm not sure I'll have email access over the course of PAX...

Anyone know if PAX will have a space of computers open with internet access, this year, what with the larger space? (other than BYOC, as that place is in lockdown.)

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
    edited July 2007
    Well you could always team up with someone who will bringing a computer to the show, I know one team that is already doing that. We also send missions to your cellphone if you are capable of sending to and receiving from an email address, which we test in the validation part of the character signup.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Andwarf wrote: »
    Hmm. I really want to give it a try, but I'm not sure I'll have email access over the course of PAX...

Anyone know if PAX will have a space of computers open with internet access, this year, what with the larger space? (other than BYOC, as that place is in lockdown.)

Daddy! You have to plaaaaaay! then we could have an epic emotional father daughter battle against each other, and I'll scream "But Father..... WHY?!" and you could tell me I chose the wrong path and you had to make it right ect.

It would be AWESOME.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited July 2007
    haha so funny.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
This discussion has been closed.