As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NCAA Tournament] Bracket Pool in OP

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    And it's (almost) over; turnover on UNC-A's possession down 5 with 10 seconds to go.

• OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    the streaming is only $4 and lets you stream to the pc, phone, and tablet. If you've got two of those it's a pretty good deal.

camo_sig2.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    That is some horseshit officiating on the lane violation on the free throw. It would be a one point game right now. Gaaaaaaah.

That's actually a good call. The guy in the back isn't supposed to cross the free throw line until the ball hits the rim.

The rule is only a couple of years old, I think.

vRyue2p.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    But it's only worth it if there are close games on TruTV when it is not halftime in one of the other three games, which is... not the most common confluence of events.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    But it's only worth it if there are close games on TruTV when it is not halftime in one of the other three games, which is... not the most common confluence of events.

Or you have a job.

• VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    There's a reason I asked about a free method, I'd rather not give the NCAA the idea that charging to watch the games on top of all the ad money that would generate is a good idea. Especially when it was free last year

I know it's a losing battle since people are consumer whores and will just buy it up anyway, But I still gotta try

Veevee on
    That is some horseshit officiating on the lane violation on the free throw. It would be a one point game right now. Gaaaaaaah.
    That's actually a good call. The guy in the back isn't supposed to cross the free throw line until the ball hits the rim.

Studio guys know the rule (or at least have an intern that looked it up for them). Explained that for us in the post-game recap.

Veevee wrote: »
    There's a reason I asked about a free method, I'd rather not give the NCAA the idea that charging to watch the games on top of all the ad money that would generate is a good idea. Especially when it was free last year

I know it's a losing battle since people are consumer whores and will just buy it up anyway, But I still gotta try

I had the same reasoning but then I was like... $3.99? I have hundred multiples of that in my bank account and I love the tourney.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Darian wrote: »

Studio guys know the rule (or at least have an intern that looked it up for them). Explained that for us in the post-game recap.

Yeah, just saw that. It looked fishy as hell at the time, but the point is conceded.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    mrt144 wrote: »

I had the same reasoning but then I was like... $3.99? I have hundred multiples of that in my bank account and I love the tourney.

Well yeah, there's also the point that I have a couple multiples of that in my bank account, but that's besides the point!

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Darian wrote: »

Ah, okay.

The commentators kept hammering it into the ground, and my dad was enjoying calling them morons for it. It sounded like the studio guys were going to keep on it when I left, but I'm glad they corrected it.

vRyue2p.png
    Harvard making a bit of a run here.

Oh VCU, how did you let them get back in the game

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Stop throwing away this game VCU

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    VCU up by three with 18 seconds.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
    My bracket is perfect so far.

CoH_infantry.jpg
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Welp there goes any chance of a perfect score in our pool.

At least my anime bracket is holding up.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    Fucking VCU. Stay there, Shaka Smart, I want no part of you with Illinois' program/recruiting base.

We'll gladly keep Shaka as long as he wants to stay here; Richmond is a nice city to raise a family in. (We in the sense of the greater Richmond community; my Spiders had a down year so I'm rooting crosstown this year.)

Wow, definitely going to have some things to brag about at work tomorrow.

Unless fucking UNLV loses.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Fuck UConn shit the bed

That means my pick of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes loses to Spice & Wolf. I can live with that.

Edit: UNLV isn't looking too healthy other. It was inconceivable that Ouran Host Club would lose to Haganai.

B:L on
    UNLV did this to me last year... but.. Pac-12 was just so bad this year, I thought for sure.... *sniffle*

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Ringo wrote: »
    UNLV did this to me last year... but.. Pac-12 was just so bad this year, I thought for sure.... *sniffle*

They made a nice attempt at a comeback but too little too late.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    soo, why do people say Uconn shit the bed, or uconn played like shit and dont give ISU the credit for beating the pants off Uconn.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    It's mostly meant as a dig towards "the best basketball conference ever" Big East.

camo_sig2.png
    Wait, my joke no upset bracket is tied for first in our pool? Really?

That bracket isn't upsetting, is it?

Favorites went what, 14/16?

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

it's tied with my joke, no upset bracket. depends on whose 1 seeds win in the final four though, haha

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »
    It's mostly meant as a dig towards "the best basketball conference ever" Big East.

UConn was a 9 seed. So it's not like they were over-hyped due to their conference, they were supposed to lose.

I'm just a bit miffed that I won't get to see Davis vs Drummond and Kidd-Gilchrist vs Lamb. Those were some juicy (potential) individual matchups, featuring players in the top 3 nationally at their positions, even as Kentucky as a team vastly outguns UConn. Davis and Drummond will likely go 1-2 in the draft, and Lamb and Kidd-Gilchrist are 2 of the top 3 wings (along with UNC's Harrison Barnes) in the country.

Ooooo they've got Wayne Laramie doing the radio call in Columbus. Love me some Laramie

Flordia State... where are you?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Bama-Creighton coming down to the wire.

Also, my Final 4 upset special - Florida - is looking real good today.

Creighton up 58-57. Creighton's Josh Jones is fouled with 3 seconds left.

He misses both free throws.

Bama gets the ball and shoots for the win and it's.... blocked by Josh Jones!

Awesome. Kid went from goat to hero in 3 seconds.

Um, Creighton was fouled with 9 seconds left, missed both, they gave a foul at 4.7, Alabama inbounded and then called a timeout at 2.4 (in a truly spectacular bit of coaching).

Oh, my bad on the time marks.

Yeah, the timeout thing was just o_O

FSU with a 3 point lead, 37.7 seconds left

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Why was that St B player jacking up 2 pointers down 3 in those last seconds? O.o

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    I'm surprised Belmont isn't down by more.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Whelp, my homer bracket almost just got ripped in half. Hopefully this will fire up the Noles for the rest of the tourney.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453