As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 03/14/12 - TO ME... MY GALACTUS

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Graphic Violence
Fantastic Four #604 Words aren't going to do this justice
WqFIM.jpg

SUbQR.jpg

fwqF3.jpg

Green Lantern #7 Hal is whipped!
hn5pH.jpg

Wolverine and the X-Men #7 Kid Omega innovates!
Ir2bv.jpg
Bonus Panel of Kid Gladiator awesomeness
DXK23.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #9 Storm freaks out after finding out Mutants are man made. (Also John Walker is a Prison Guard in the Ultimate Universe)
3zjrR.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    F4 was fucking incredible

CYpGAPn.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    "The old-fashioned way"?

Really.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    OKay, I really need to start reading F4.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Avengers Assemble #1, looks like a Thorsday night out, huh? Get it?

avengersassemble1a.jpg

avengersassemble1b.jpg

Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures #1, D.r Dinosaur gets revenge:
    atomicroborsa1b.jpg

atomicroborsa1c.jpg

Batman & Robin #7, brutal fight scenes and an ending that needs to not have a cop out:
    batmanandrobin2-7b.jpg

batmanandrobin2-7c.jpg

batmanandrobin2-7f.jpg

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #3: There's a Sparkeater on the Lost Light, and the crew is trying to figure out what's what.
    Transformers_Eye03-Preview-7.jpg
    The poor Duobot's name was actually Shock. no one could tell Shock and Ore apart.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Whaaaat? More Atomic Robo? I had no idea. And I can't find it on Comixology? Noo!!! Dr. Dinosaur must be behind this!

• JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    Dudes, Saga #1 was awesome. It's weird, but not in a distracting way. And there's so much of it for just $2.99

Get it.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    The poor Duobot's name was actually Shock. no one could tell Shock and Ore apart.

Wow. That is ... some pun.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Wow. That is ... some pun.

James Roberts is the best.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Jaythreef wrote: »
    Dudes, Saga #1 was awesome. It's weird, but not in a distracting way. And there's so much of it for just $2.99

Get it.

I liked a lot of it, but man is BKV's choice for them to use 'popular/norma' lingo a bit jarring.

Also, the art ranges from impressive to sort of sloppy looking. But yeah, for 2.99 it's really a good value.

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how I feel about Saga yet.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I enjoyed Saga but it felt

I dunno, a little too weird?

It seemed like BKV was trying to come up with as much crazy bullshit as he possibly could.

CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who seemed to not like Saga (my opinion is in the indie thread). I felt like I was missing something completely.

• JaythreefJaythreef Registered User regular
    Haha, it's like this is a Twilight Zone episode.

Weird stuff usually turns me off completely, but I enjoyed this a lot.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    No scan, but there was a pretty great moment from Carnage USA #4. Haven't really been following this series, but I had to check out the one where Venom enters the fray.
    Venom and Carnage are both stripped of their symbiotes, leaving Casady standing over flash holding a piece of broken glass.

This was cool for me to see, because ever since Carnage came back and Flash got the symbiote, I thought it would be awesome for the two of them to fight without symbiotes.

H9f4bVe.png
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    So Buffy season 9 is getting full on crazy. If anyone else is getting the book would you please post the last two or three pages? Also

A policeman talks to Spike crew of Giant sentient bugs.

"So on your planet you step on tiny humans?"

"Nah he's just messing with you"

Quire.jpg
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    its on scans daily

camo_sig.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I read Avengers, WatXM, and F4 tonight, in that order.

It was the perfect order, really. All were arc endings, and I found myself satisfied by all three. Plus each one got better.

If I had read F4 first, I probably would've just thrown the other two out and walked away. Seriously, the last time I was that moved by something was when I saw Speed Racer in the theater after staying up for two days straight.

He won that race, and reconnected with his pa :cry:

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh man... I really want to be reading this but I also really want a hickman fantastic omnibus after this run

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

It was the perfect order, really. All were arc endings, and I found myself satisfied by all three. Plus each one got better.

If I had read F4 first, I probably would've just thrown the other two out and walked away. Seriously, the last time I was that moved by something was when I saw Speed Racer in the theater after staying up for two days straight.

Yeah, I didn't really get the epilogue until some 10 minutes later.

OH HOLY SHIT
    You know how it looked like Future-Franklin died? He did. It was our Franklin's pocket universe's Future-Franklin that lived.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    I wish I liked Hickman, you guys seem to be really enjoying all this FF stuff.

I didn't. :(

My color is black to the blind
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

OH HOLY SHIT
    You know how it looked like Future-Franklin died? He did. It was our Franklin's pocket universe's Future-Franklin that lived.

Wait, what?

Where do I need to go back and read for that to make sense? It's the only current run of books I keep in its own pile so I can revisit it.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

OH HOLY SHIT

Wait, what?

Where do I need to go back and read for that to make sense? It's the only current run of books I keep in its own pile so I can revisit it.

I'm just guessing.
    Think back to #600, when the white outline dropped by Franklin to see how he was doing with it. There's a universe in there, just like the Heroes Reborn stuff. Then, just now in #604 or whatever, it looks like Future-Franklin dies - but he comes back in a surge of white light.

huntresssig.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    I wish I liked Hickman, you guys seem to be really enjoying all this FF stuff.

I didn't. :(

I share this sentiment.

• TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    i just got the call

it was my dad. the water heater in their house had been leaking. it's in the basement, there's a drain a couple of feet away; but, apparently the floor was not sloped appropriately. this is the same basement that is the home to thousands of baseball cards and two long boxes full of comics from my junior high/high school era.

the box with the cards wasn't close enough to the water. the comics; however, were the first thing in the path.

every individual comic was boarded and sleeved. this comprised about three-quarters of the contents of the boxes. the other quarter consisted primarily of back issues of wizard from the time period, a few wizard one-offs (the only thing that comes to memory is some 50 greatest villians thing), a few graphic novels, and a few TPBs. the items not in sleeves are likely destroyed. but, all the money spent on sleeves rather than more comics paid off in a big way, all the individual comics were just fine. [hey it was a lot of money to me at the time, and seriously it could have been more comics instead!]

TyrantCow on
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    That sucks, man.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    That's rough. I had a similar thing happen with my parents' basement a couple of years back. I lost several boxes of comics from the 90s. Nothing really valuable but lots of sentimental value.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    On the other hand, there is something very satisfying about seeing disaster warded off by caution and thoroughness. It isn't every day that obsessive compulsive behavior is validated. That's not something money can buy.

• TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    On the other hand, there is something very satisfying about seeing disaster warded off by caution and thoroughness. It isn't every day that obsessive compulsive behavior is validated. That's not something money can buy.

yeah, actually this is what i'm getting at. sure a couple things were lost; but, everything is mostly good due to my anal behavior.