As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gamer Soap...

FrowbakkFrowbakk Registered User regular
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
Clear soaps with a d20 inside:

http://www.seankreynolds.com/soapsbywillow/

I think I'm gonna buy a bunch of these and hand them out to the ripest individuals at PAX.

Your sig was too tall.
Frowbakk on

• Options
    degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    because of that, i am very very tempted to not shower a week prior to PAX and head over to your direction and shake your hand

degreesplatinum on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    yeah, me too. that is probably not the best idea. if people find out, you are totally gonna get mugged by a large group of nerds.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Man, the convnetion "smelly nerd" joke is as old as the whole men don't put the toilet seat down and women can't drive thing.

Weaver on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Weaver wrote:
    Man, the convnetion "smelly nerd" joke is as old as the whole men don't put the toilet seat down and women can't drive thing.

It's not really a joke, though. It's a stereotype.

Doesn't mean it's not partially true, though.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I didn't really notice anybody with truly horrible body odor last year though.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    Weaver wrote:

Direct me to a woman who can drive and I will direct you to her testicles.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I have noticed that glycerin soaps lose their scent after a few washes. I had a bar that took home from a hotel and after a few days of showering, I started to notice an odd gravy smell. Turns out that the soapy smell had gone out of the soap and now just smelled like glycerin (animal fat).

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    yeah, me too. that is probably not the best idea. if people find out, you are totally gonna get mugged by a large group of nerds.

That's right, that isn't the best idea....
    ....Go for a profit, man!

Say, wouldn't that hurt a bit though? You're scrubbing yourself (with pressure, I assume) and then suddenly the thing you're scraping against yourself isn't a soft piece of soap, but a plastic die?

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    Jesus christ...

rub soap onto hands, rub hands onto area you want to wash. Scrub clean.

Voila! No fucking gross ass hairs stuck in the soap.

I can't believe I have to explain that.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Jesus christ...

Not that I disagree, but where in this thread did someone complain about hair?

CangoFett on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2006
    CangoFett wrote:
    Jesus christ...

Nobody complained about hair.

QuizMaster was complaining that he would scratch himself up on the dice in the soap as he scrubbed, which would inevitably lead to those nasty curly hairs embedded in the bar.

Nobody wants that.

I was just trying to help.

Now I look like a jackass.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

Nice going.

God.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    CangoFett wrote:
    Jesus christ...

Nobody complained about hair.

QuizMaster was complaining that he would scratch himself up on the dice in the soap as he scrubbed, which would inevitably lead to those nasty curly hairs embedded in the bar.

Nobody wants that.

I was just trying to help.

Now I look like a jackass.

Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

Nice going.

God.

Despite popular belief, i am not God, but I do share his view on many various controversies.

But yea, hairy soap is annoying. What is with people who use soap, set it down, and it looks like a friggen Tribble. Do they not realize?

Also, what is up with airline food

CangoFett on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I use a wash cloth.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    I use a puffy thingy-ma-bob.

And body wash.

Legacy on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Luffa. Don't ask how I know that.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I use bodywash and my hands, it just seems easier. However, unless a female starts talking in this thread I think we have heard enough about steamy shower sequences. On another note, I want d20 soap!

Nephirij on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    I use bodywash and my hands, it just seems easier. However, unless a female starts talking in this thread I think we have heard enough about steamy shower sequences. On another note, I want d20 soap!

Indeed, but $7?!

Joeslop on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    HotSake wrote:

It's not a luffa. It's a puffy mesh sponge.

A luffa is a regular long sponge that is hard.

Legacy on
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shower Shock Caffeinated Soap and some Pert shampoo. It cleanses the mind, body, and gene pool for a purer future.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    HotSake wrote:

Why do you know that?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    HotSake wrote:

Why do you know that?

I work at a Walgreens. We sell those things. And I used to be in charge of inventory.

Legacy on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Cymoro wrote:
    Shower Shock Caffeinated Soap and some Pert shampoo. It cleanses the mind, body, and gene pool for a purer future.
    They were talking about that caffeinated soap on some tv show a while back. Apparently caffeine can't simple be absorbed through the skin, you have to injest it.

Its a clever gimmick, though.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    AerophisAerophis Gamer Dad Issaquah WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Woohoo! Finally a practical cure for Gamer Funk!

As for the dice hurting you while showering... What the HELL!? What kind of 20 sided dice have you touched? Spiky 20 sided's of doom? Most 20 sided's are soft enough that it wouldn't be a problem.

Aerophis on
  • Options
    SylvanbabeSylvanbabe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Aerophis wrote:
    Woohoo! Finally a practical cure for Gamer Funk!

As for the dice hurting you while showering... What the HELL!? What kind of 20 sided dice have you touched? Spiky 20 sided's of doom? Most 20 sided's are soft enough that it wouldn't be a problem.

True.. now if it was a d4 i would see there being problems... nothing hurts worst when you get up from a D&D Campaign when you step on a misplaced d4.. no need for caltrops here!

Sylvanbabe on
    ~Annichka~
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Ugh, yeah, 4 sided die = not so much fun!

The sad thing is that we've all probably done that. Heck, even kids have to deal with those things in Monopoly.

God forbid your playing a game like Shadowrun in which you need like a thousand of the things! =o)

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Monopoly uses 6 sided dice, eh? Well, at least the Canadian Edition does.

And it's not a matter of how spiky it is. It's the difference between a soft piece of soap and a hard die. And I don't know about you, but I actually apply pressure when using soap.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    haha, yeah, I didn't get enough sleep last night obviously.

what's an extra 2 sides, eh?? =o)

6 sided dice can be painfull as well! For some reason I totally ignored "4 sided dice" and was thinking about "6 sided dice."

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Monopoly uses 6 sided dice, eh? Well, at least the Canadian Edition does.

And it's not a matter of how spiky it is. It's the difference between a soft piece of soap and a hard die. And I don't know about you, but I actually apply pressure when using soap.

I tend to lather the soap then then rub it in with a loofa/washcloth, or else you don't remove all of you dead skin cells. unless you have really good water pressure!

Sylvanbabe on
    ~Annichka~
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Ugh, yeah, those pesky dead skin cells... Always getting in the way. Should the afformentioned dice help with the scrubbing action though?

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Aerophis wrote:
    Ugh, yeah, those pesky dead skin cells... Always getting in the way. Should the afformentioned dice help with the scrubbing action though?
    i highly doubt it >P. it healthier to scrub them off i mean.

Sylvanbabe on
    ~Annichka~
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Frowbakk wrote:
    Clear soaps with a d20 inside:

http://www.seankreynolds.com/soapsbywillow/

I think I'm gonna buy a bunch of these and hand them out to the ripest individuals at PAX.

Ok, the fact that 2 of the hotels have good pools should be a strong attraction for cooling off after pax. i mean COME ON GUYS.. A frikin pool at the end of august is just plain awesome. Use the pool, It will keep you smelling fresh and relax after a hard day of gaming.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    AiolarAiolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Say, wouldn't that hurt a bit though? You're scrubbing yourself (with pressure, I assume) and then suddenly the thing you're scraping against yourself isn't a soft piece of soap, but a plastic die?

Seriously - you're missing the point here! Didn't you ever have those soaps as a kid with the plastic dinosaur or toy inside? Yea, the wing would poke out and you'd have to be careful... but you didn't buy that soap for the soap - you bought it because (like licking those lolipops with gum in them, to get to the center) it was all just fun and anticipation to finally get that colorful toy you could see there just out of your reach.

Ok, I'm guessing most of us aren't 4 anymore, but - geeks! d20s! in soap! - what could be more awesome?

Aiolar on
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

<TRON> if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCALATOR = EVERLASTING FUN

Also, this
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Washing the backdoor, losing the prize and two days later pooping out a saving throw.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Obviously this is all a scam to get gamers clean. Just at you bought those soaps with the toys to get kids to wash just to get to the toy... now you have gamer nerds forced to wash just to get to the D20.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Soaps with toys inside? Surely you're making this up.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Washing the backdoor, losing the prize and two days later pooping out a saving throw.

LOL, I'm tempted to put that in my quote box, I've needed something for a while and that is DAMN funny!

Aerophis on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Aiolar wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:

Seriously - you're missing the point here! Didn't you ever have those soaps as a kid with the plastic dinosaur or toy inside? Yea, the wing would poke out and you'd have to be careful... but you didn't buy that soap for the soap - you bought it because (like licking those lolipops with gum in them, to get to the center) it was all just fun and anticipation to finally get that colorful toy you could see there just out of your reach.

Ok, I'm guessing most of us aren't 4 anymore, but - geeks! d20s! in soap! - what could be more awesome?

Okay, I have to toally agree with you. "It's the Principal man!" And no, I never had one of those soaps, but I've seen em, and that would have been hella sweet! I probably would have died (pardon the pun) for a d20 soap when I was 10!

Aerophis on