As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giant Bomb: Great King Caravella won't leave you indifferent. So that just happened.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    special musical performance by Bush

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    One, two, three Luchadeers! Ah, ah, ah!

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Man, site crapped itself again.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    last time, on GiantBomb Abbey

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    And here, let's just add a nice little Brad Shoemaker here. Isn't that a cute Brad?

sig.gif
  • Options
    centraldogmacentraldogma Registered User regular
    This isn’t that big of a surprise. Well, exactly what happened was surprising, but that it did happen isn’t. You could tell Whiskey Media was in trouble. When they released the number of subscribers via the world tour drive (remember the world tour!), it was pretty simple math to figure out they weren’t making all that much. Even with ad revenue, there is no way they would be able to pay the staff a competitive salary and still make a profit, not to mention bandwidth, supply, and travel costs. It was evident for me during the last Live Show; it had a somber, desperate feeling to it.

At first it was relieved that Giant Bomb would finally have the budget to what they wanted under CBS. But is that really going to be the case. Whiskey Media investors didn’t mind making taking loss because they would make their money on the sale. CBS is going to expect Giant Bomb to be profitable in some way. I’m not too worried about them loosing creative control, though. I’d be worried if this was NBC-Universal, but I haven’t known CBS to step on their underlings’ creativity.

It sucks that Whiskey Media is broken up. I frequented both Tested and Giant Bomb and it was nice that there was some crossover between the two. They both say that there welcome on each other sites, but considering how rarely they crossed over when they were in the same office, I don’t see that happening. I didn’t visit Screened, but it was nice to see Rorie in a quick look or doing some quick reviews during the happy hour and it’s really crappy how they’re handling things with him.

I feel like Tested got the short end of the stick. While it’s nice that they have found some celebrity with Jamie and Adam, I hope Tested doesn't get co-opted by it. I don’t want Tested to turn into “That Mythbuster’s Site”. And judging from their new focus, I’d say that could easily happen. I’ve started listening to their latest podcast and, at least in the beginning when addressing the non-tech topic, they seemed disorganized and flustered by it. It could just be current events taking their toll and needing to get used to the new topics.

When people unite together, they become stronger than the sum of their parts.
    Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding.
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Scudo wrote: »
    last time, on GiantBomb Abbey

I would watch that.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    D is for Dubstep!

• Options
    Boy is my face red.

• Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    Waiting for that Tested site redesign

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular

I feel like Tested got the short end of the stick. While it’s nice that they have found some celebrity with Jamie and Adam, I hope Tested doesn't get co-opted by it. I don’t want Tested to turn into “That Mythbuster’s Site”. And judging from their new focus, I’d say that could easily happen. I’ve started listening to their latest podcast and, at least in the beginning when addressing the non-tech topic, they seemed disorganized and flustered by it. It could just be current events taking their toll and needing to get used to the new topics.

the beginning of the Tested podcast was fantastic

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    And here, let's just add a nice little Brad Shoemaker here. Isn't that a cute Brad?

Happy little Shoemakers!

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I'm surprised to see John Davison is at Gamespot now. I remember enjoying him on 1Up Yours back in... 2008 or so? Then he went to Game Informer or someplace similar, and I kind of stopped keeping track.

Guess some of those industry guys get around.

• Options
    centraldogmacentraldogma Registered User regular
    @Evelgest said:
    The sole phrase Will said that scared me for a second was "Tested is their site now," referring to Adam and Jamie.
    @Robo said:
    He reiterated it later too commenting, "It's their site now" when stating the site will be relaunched tomorrow with the new design. And he also mentioned toning down the language and all too.
    So it seems as though unlike Giant Bomb, Tested will going through some fairly significant changes in terms of tone and content because they won't necessarily always be in charge.
    @will said:
    Believe me, we've talked to them, gone through all the stuff that's changing, and we're excited about it. It's going to mean making some very small sacrifices for the opportunity to reach a much larger audience. And that's without considering the amazing opportunity that Norm and I have to learn from Jamie and Adam. They're both incredibly smart, talented dudes, and I would have killed for the opportunity to work for either of them. The fact that they like what we've done here enough to make it part of their story is amazing and incredibly flattering to Norm and I. We're really excited about this change. Don't freak out.
    :(

When people unite together, they become stronger than the sum of their parts.
    Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding.
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    John Davison pulled a Gerstmann, in that he left to form his own site that was completely unsuccessful and got swallowed up again.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I think the Tested change is going to massively increase their audience and work out well for those guys

I'm guessing I'll like the site more with it's expanded scope. I mostly like the non typical stuff they do anyways since i really don't care about constant cell phone news

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Also, Giantbomb totally pulled a Michael Scott Paper Company

Steam ID
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Also, Giantbomb totally pulled a Michael Scott Paper Company

oh man that's great

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Vaguely LightningproofVaguely Lightningproof Registered User regular
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    ahahaha

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Holy hell

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    well now I'm fucking concerned.

• Options
    haha, they really weren't kidding about it being Jamie & Adam's Tested

Steam ID
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    What the fuck.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Christ, they couldn't maybe put Norm and Will on there too? This feels gross.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Is this for real?

• Options
    Vaguely LightningproofVaguely Lightningproof Registered User regular
    Christ, they couldn't maybe put Norm and Will on there too? This feels gross.

This. This x1000.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Look at the forums.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I was hoping the new header would have all 4 (maybe 5, 'cause Gary Whitta) of them on it in some capacity, but ok...

Xehalus on
  • Options
    like i get not putting Will and Norm at the top or in the logo but they don't even get their own little "follow on twitter" thing on the side there

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    like this is actually stupid

retarded

I will continue to listen to the podcast but fuck I'm not even sure I'll visit the site at this point

The Verge better get really fucking funny in the next 24 hours

• Options
    If i was new to Tested and was only seeing it due to mythbusters, I'd be really confused by the picture of Adam and Jamie at the top, but then all the content being these 2 random dudes

Steam ID
  • Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    Well, now I'm happy I never really followed Tested.

For me it can be an abstract tragedy rather than a visceral one. Sucks hard for Norm and Will, though.

Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    goddammit

ugh

I hope Norm and Will are okay with this

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I...

Uh...

This is just a joke right?

Like it'll change tomorrow and Will and Norm will be like, "Man, wasn't that hilarious? Thank God our new owners aren't actually going to sweep us under the rug like that."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    "It's Friday, which means @JamieNoTweet and I can officially share our exciting news… We got our own website!!!"

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    deadly premonition
    am i watching the raincoat killer chop dudes down while amazing grace is playing

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    "It's Friday, which means @JamieNoTweet and I can officially share our exciting news… We got our own website!!!"

What?

No.

No you fucking didn't.

You bought an already existing one and plastered your faces on it.

SON OF A BITCH!

IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.