As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    verbel wrote: »
    Does anyone here play Sejuani? I really like the way the char looks but I have not gotten to try her out. Everywhere I read says she needs to jungle but I really don't like doing the jungle thing(Mostly because I suck at it.) So is she viable in lane?

Came back to League from a break since Leona released a couple weeks ago and, after Nautilus - who is freaking insane - she's my favorite of the new tanky guys. Kay's general impression relayed above is accurate; I'd only add that the hammer is a fantastic ultimate.

Her jungle's remarkably smooth tbqh. WQWEER and then E until it's done gets through non-buff creeps almost as fast as Shyvana. I would probably not want to lane her except as a solo (too many of her skills are functionally or actually AoE) and she wouldn't be an enormously good solo lane champion except that Q would let you live fairly dangerously. She's somewhat like Nasus or Amumu in that the real danger she presents is as an enormous tarpit of trouble for the other team.

Swain / Vlad-type itemization (AP, pen, health) might be a thing to try on her if you were going to try soloing. The HP scaling on her W is solid for keeping up with the late-game but not THAT great, and you do need health, but mostly it's about hitting good hammers and persistently slowing as much of the other team as possible.

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I really like Sejuani! You just can't play her in any teamcomp, you need to make sure your lanes have lots of damage. I've seen a couple Sejuani supports, and all I can say is don't do it, ever. Keep her in the jungle, her ganks are fantastic.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    I really like Sejuani! You just can't play her in any teamcomp, you need to make sure your lanes have lots of damage. I've seen a couple Sejuani supports, and all I can say is don't do it, ever. Keep her in the jungle, her ganks are fantastic.

Yep. Lanes with their own CC of some kind to chain to the slows helps a lot as well. Taric, Sion, Xin, Udyr, whatever, just some sort of followup.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I'd honestly just want TONS OF DAMAGE in lanes that I was ganking as Sejuani.

She does well ganking Ryze, Cassiopea and Swain lanes mid, thanks to their sustained DPS. She does well with a bursty support paired with an AD Carry bot, like Sona, or someone that can buff the hell out of their carry, like Nunu.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Isn't nautilus better than sej in every way

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    nautilus doesnt have a moving bacon supply

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Isn't nautilus better than sej in every way

On par if not better in nearly every instance, yeah, though I'd argue the hammer is better than the geyser. Like I said, he's nuts. Her mana efficiency feels a little better as well. Nautilus is head and shoulders above literally every other tank champion for sheer amount of disruption caused to the other team.

• Options
    He does a lot of damage in early game as well, which doesn't really feel right considering his kit. One thing I like about him is that he can fit almost every role.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Team xypherous

Fizz top, orianna mud, lulu + renekton bot with nautilus jungle

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Team xypherous

Fizz top, orianna mud, lulu + renekton bot with nautilus jungle

needs more riven

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Put Riven in bot instead of Renekton, she's an absolute bitch down there. In all seriousness, try her out with a support.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Any word on Lulu's abilities yet apart from the polymorph?

• Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    I would not recommend melee AD + support in bottom. You'll get stomped by any competent ranged AD + support.

If you're going to defy the meta, do it all the way and forego the traditional no-farm support + megafarm AD. Opt for crazy CC combinations, like Alistar and Blitz.

I had a recent game where I was already locked in as jungling Nautilus, and some dick on the team locks a jungler and demands the jungle. I ended up bottom with a Pantheon, lulz were had by all as we grabbed and stunned the shit out of everything in proximity.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I did Pantheon/Sona twice. Fucks were not given, that was strictly a no fucking farm zone for the enemy lane. They payed for last hits in blood.

It's hard to judge something like that though because if it was a competent crew I probably would have not done as well but Sona's harass along with mine was pretty beefy.

butts
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    For that to work you don't just need the CC. Ali+Blitz is not ideal because while they hold you in place forever, they don't actually have enough damage to kill you. That lane needs the jungler to come along to really be effective. Naut and Leona are both good for that kind of lane if you chuck them in with someone like Panth or Talon, who have some CC combined with high burst damage. Wukong also works, to come extent, as his damage is so insane. As important as the CC is, though, you need a good gap-closer. Garen or Udyr, for example, can't be a kill lane because they take ages to reach you and telegraph what they intend to do. Also, Leona counters that kind of kill lane REALLY hard.

Played a ranked 5 game a little while back where we ran Leona+Talon bot and had no AD carry (because no one in that group likes to play them). To compensate, we HAD to kill their AD carry first, every fight. It wasn't something we should do or could do, we had to do it, otherwise their sustained damage would murder us. Luckily, Talon lets you do just that. Essentially, if you want a complete meta-break and not run an ad carry (I know that wasn't what was said, but hey, sometimes you might want to), you absolutely must have the capability in your team to instantly lock down and murder their AD carry.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    You can run a kill lane bot and then run an AD top though. Corki seems like he would do best with it but there are a couple others who should be able to handle it against most tops.

• Options
    Of course you can, or you can run an AD mid and someone like Kennen top. There's a ton of options. I'm just saying that if you don't have an AD carry, because no one wants to play one, you have to be able to kill their's instantly.

• Options
    Oh yeah. What runes does Ryze typically use for a mana page? Flat yellows/blues/quints or do people go with something else? I know movement speed is fun on him.

butts
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    Oh yeah. What runes does Ryze typically use for a mana page? Flat yellows/blues/quints or do people go with something else? I know movement speed is fun on him.

Scaling Reds, Flat Blues and Quints. Yellows can go either way.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I have discovered the glory that is Pantheon jungle.

He is the the Truth.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I did Pantheon/Sona twice. Fucks were not given, that was strictly a no fucking farm zone for the enemy lane. They payed for last hits in blood.

I did support Soraka for a Pants the other day. Fucks were indeed not given.

• Options
    Truth cannot give fucks. It is the way.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Pantheon is basically my favorite champion to support. He is true manliness. And compliments my pretty-close-to-recklessly-aggressive playstyle

• Options
    I thought you still wanted magic penetration reds on Ryze?

And Pantheon is a lot of fun because you can tell your team that you're going to mandrop and do it anyways if they object. Most people have no idea that you can cancel a mandrop. His post-six ganks seem like they could be sicknasty. Hard to ward for a gank if he can jump from well beyond vision range. I should try him out since he's an aggressive ganking jungler and that's like all I can do because I suck really bad at everything else associated with jungling.

I just wish red buff applied to his spear still. ]:

butts
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Jookie, welcome to the man club. You will not be disappointed. Just remember to flex as you drop from 10,000 feet.

Roz on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    panth jungle is rly fun

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

I did support Soraka for a Pants the other day. Fucks were indeed not given.

support soraka for a mana-gimped AP/AD ranged is always a fun lane. Yes, we know that you restrict the mana at the low levels so they arent OP, but I have soraka behind me...

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    panth jungle is rly fun

Steal their red and kill them at the same time with skyfall? Ward up their jungle son!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    panth jungle is rly fun

Steal their red and kill them at the same time with skyfall? Ward up their jungle son!

Someone people say that cat Ryze can ball. But only Panth dunks from 10,000 feet.

• Options
    Fnatic vs. CLG.eu: http://www.own3d.tv/live/54780/League_of_Legends_TV

And tourney in general.

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    NVM

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Rend wrote: »
    Pantheon is basically my favorite champion to support. He is true manliness. And compliments my pretty-close-to-recklessly-aggressive playstyle

I've thought about trying less standard support. But flash/ignite Taric is already so much burst and initiation that I'm not really motivated to change. Plus he has a heal and armor buff, to boot.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Rend wrote: »

I've thought about trying less standard support. But flash/ignite Taric is already so much burst and initiation that I'm not really motivated to change. Plus he has a heal and armor buff, to boot.

Karma Pantheon is a hilarious lane. You should, if nothing else, at least give it a try.
    All of the burst ever is in that lane.

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    Who takes the CS? Or does it matter because you're farming champs for gold?

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Who takes the CS? Or does it matter because you're farming champs for gold?

Pretty much the second one.
    Though if you have to farm (like maybe jump is on cooldown or something? Or maybe karma doesn't have a mantra up. I dunno) then it's whoever can reach em. Panth is melee, karma is ranged. Split em up.

• Options
    Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Any word on Lulu's abilities yet apart from the polymorph?

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=622846

• Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I was in blind pick solo queue normal game.

I picked Jarvin and locked it in. Then someone picked Xerath and said "top" after we had Cass going mid.

Im like I am top. He said no, go jungle (we had no jungler).

But I kept to my guns and said no.

So Taric and I went top and Xerath and Ashe went bottom.

We laned against an Olaf. This Olaf was terrabad and was mad that we had no jungler and called us noobs.

The enemy Shyvana did well though and kept some pressure.

Then I got jumped on the tower 2 times by 4 out of the 5 enemies!

I died both times and Cass called me bad because I overextended :\

SO I got my wriggles, frozen mallet, and figured it was time to kick some ass and take some names.

I ended up 18-2-3 with a wriggles, dodge booties, mallet, atma and a wits end!

I was 1v3ing them (well, it was really 2v3, but this Taric was just running for his life in circles so he wouldnt die to Veigar, Alistar, and Shyvana). While I was just wailing at them and slowing Shyvana enough with my mallet that she couldnt escape. Then I would kill everyone else.

Now I have to buy a skin for Jarvin since he just tackles everyone without caring.

He is a real man.

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Fnatic vs. CLG.eu: http://www.own3d.tv/live/54780/League_of_Legends_TV

And tourney in general.

i dunno what's happened to fnatic lately, they used to be so much better :/

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    oh god

do people's iqs drop about 50 points when they play teemo or something

I had one just sit in the bushes literally a foot away while I died to pantheon as shyv

then he proceeded to steal all my reds ><

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Try him in Dominion with Triforce, Ghostblade, Sanguine and whatever makes you feel manly. (Protector's blade and boots start)

This discussion has been closed.