As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brazilian Jiu-[Chat]su

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    So you lived on the ol emerald isle eh Spool

And this whole time I thought you were the one real American in this place

Come to find out you're damn half shamrock and shit by association now

hold on

hold on

how am i not a real american

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/jason-russell-san-diego-invisible-children-kony-2012-142970255.html
    Invisible Children Co-Founder Detained: SDPD
    SDPD said he was found masturbating in public, vandalizing cars and possibly under the influence of something

"Masturbating in public" is a darkly appropriate metaphor for KONY 2012.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Hell you're talking about a country in which abortion is illegal.

It seems fairly reasonable to suggest that, perhaps, they are in fact, not representative.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjyUy5f3VIw

All of you should be playing this game.

All of you.

Cause it is the best.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    spool32 wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    RoI, really, really can't be considered representative.

And at the end of the day, a universal health care system doesn't exclude a private one as well, which sort of removes any real issue.

"I had a bad experience with universal health care"
    "Which one?"
    "Ireland's"
    "Oh that doesn't count lol"

Really? Really?

Why, praytell?

One time I went to the city and got mugged. The police clearly didn't do their job. From this I drew the conclusion that not only are police a bad idea, the ideal system is one in which I would be guaranteed to be stuck up, robbed, beaten and peed on.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Man that Invisible Children Kony thing was way out of left field. What the fuck!?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

And at the end of the day, a universal health care system doesn't exclude a private one as well, which sort of removes any real issue.

"Which one?"
    "Ireland's"

Really? Really?

Why, praytell?

One time I went to the city and got mugged. The police clearly didn't do their job. From this I drew the conclusion that not only are police a bad idea, the ideal system is one in which I would be guaranteed to be stuck up, robbed, beaten and peed on.

thats can be arranged

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Because during that period it was literally considered the worst in Europe?

So if it's bad, it doesn't count.

I see. Only good universal coverage is universal coverage! Because, if it were possible to have bad universal coverage, then it would be possible for universal coverage to be bad.

I gotcha.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Pony wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    A co-founder for Invisible Children was detained in Pacific Beach Thursday night for being drunk in public and masturbating, according to San Diego Police Department.

look he was just trying to share his invisible children with everyone

is that a crime

:^:

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

"Which one?"
    "Ireland's"

Really? Really?

Why, praytell?

No it's not even like that. Ireland, when spool was there, really does not count. It was shitty.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

I've been in Texas long enough now to purge the blarney from my system. :)

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    this other charity in Uganda showed the Kony 2012 video to a bunch of Ugandans who lived in a village that Kony terrorized years ago

they were pretty fucking pissed about the video and Invisible Children

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Inquisitor wrote: »

All of you should be playing this game.

All of you.

Cause it is the best.

I started laughing right away.

Brilliant video.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/jason-russell-san-diego-invisible-children-kony-2012-142970255.html
    Invisible Children Co-Founder Detained: SDPD
    SDPD said he was found masturbating in public, vandalizing cars and possibly under the influence of something

"Masturbating in public" is a darkly appropriate metaphor for KONY 2012.
    God damn it, Feral. Just run for public office already so I can campaign for you.

• Options

I see. Only good universal coverage is universal coverage! Because, if it were possible to have bad universal coverage, then it would be possible for universal coverage to be bad.

I gotcha.

Oh my god, spool. Just fucking stop, okay? This is ridiculous.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Not only did I find one potentially easy to sub-clone and purify myostatin inhibitory protein sequence, I found three.

Unfortunately two of them don't have any published animal studies so they'd be dangerous to try.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    tim burton just needs to have sex with johnny depp and get it over with

Some actors and directors like to work together. Kurosawa and Mifune. Ford and Wayne. Scorsese and Bobby D. I never quite managed to grasp why Burton and Deep provokes an "Oh god, not again" reaction.

Their pairings in the last ten years or so seem to operate on autopilot.
    ancient, but I want to add one more.

Scorsese and DiCaprio. That has been a very good pairing over the past decade.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    a bad thing that might happen is always worse than a bad thing that is happening right now and is in fact intended to happen

this is why I never buy cars, because I hear some are worse than others and what if mine breaks? that would disprove the entire idea of cars.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    spool i don't want to hate republicans with you here but did you see the thread about how texas is going against federal regulations by restricting where low income/disabled women can receive certain gynecological (abortions, i think? or maybe it's just receiving contraceptives, i don't remember) services/procedures?

it was the most heinous thing i'd seen in a while and i was wondering if you had an opinion on it.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I gotcha.

Well you're starkly against the idea it seems, rather than the implementation. That's dangerous. Sure you got rubbed the wrong way by a bad system but thousands and thousands of people a day get fucked over by not having one at all.

I'd rather 1 person get fucked over every now and then by a bad implementation than thousands and thousands because we don't have one.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I gotcha.

Volkswagens suck.

I know this because one time, I drove a Kia, and it was a piece of shit.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Some actors and directors like to work together. Kurosawa and Mifune. Ford and Wayne. Scorsese and Bobby D. I never quite managed to grasp why Burton and Deep provokes an "Oh god, not again" reaction.

I agree. I know people run hot and cold on Leo but I think he's been in too many good movies for it to be a fluke.

• Options
    The fuck, guys. Ireland has universal coverage. 100% free healthcare for everyone!

It's not like we're talking about that untrue scotsman system.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Doing a comparison using the worst of something is usually really stupid. Comparing midgets doesn't tell you much about big people.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Are there player run maps for Tribes Inqy? Like Renegades and the others from the old Tribes games?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    my GP is excellent. she's a tiny <5ft jewish woman. i want to have sex with her so bad. she's unmarried, too!

i think it'd be inappropriate to proposition her, though.

plus she's a doctor and i'm a poor student, she might be all JAP'y about it.

:|

• Options
    my GP is excellent. she's a tiny <5ft jewish woman. i want to have sex with her so bad. she's unmarried, too!

do you think i should ignore my class issues and go for it, cass

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

hold on

hold on

how am i not a real american

You're a real American too, but for some reason it is irresistible to pester Spoolio

I promise to set aside my next joke about Ronald Reagan especially for you though because <3

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »

I agree. I know people run hot and cold on Leo but I think he's been in too many good movies for it to be a fluke.
    Leo is still clawing his way out of the stigma people have for him because of titanic. Nevermind he actually gave a good performance in that film, and has been a believable character in multiple films the past 20 years.

And he has only gotten better with time. Departed? Blood Diamond? Inception?

Dude has chops.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

i am kind of confused now

did i say something misogynist?

the only offensive thing i did there was make a jew joke

• Options

go for it, chu

I mean, she's already seen your wang, so the worst is over with

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    The fuck, guys. Ireland has universal coverage. 100% free healthcare for everyone!

The problem with what you're saying is you're claiming that all universal coverage is bad because Ireland's was bad when you were there. It's ridiculous. Does your one experience with universal health care all of a sudden mean that Pony's, Cass' and my experiences with universal health care are suddenly meaningless and irrelevant?

• Options

go for it, chu

there's a problem in that i flirted with a receptionist in front of her. i think she might consider me impure goods.

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Oh man this whyiwasbanned.com site is great.
    Your account was banned for too many force name changes in a short span of time. All of which involved Hitler and condoms.
    That's not how you spell "horcrux" and you know it.

• Options

Your bad experience with it is an argument against Ireland's system then, and nothing else. You're using it as a general "universal healthcare is kinda bad, guys" thing.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

go for it, chu

there's a problem in that i flirted with a receptionist in front of her. i think she might consider me impure goods.

Maybe she wants a threesome with you and the receptionist and she's just waiting for you to say the word.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    According to my Abnormal Psychology textbook relationships with medical professionals can only end in death and despair.

• Options

i am kind of confused now

did i say something misogynist?

the only offensive thing i did there was make a jew joke

This discussion has been closed.