As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    that reminds me I should have taken an ss of the win screen for that game since we had triforce fiora and cait on our team :rotate:

huntresssig.jpg
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    @Arivia

Well, were you running away with little health, or did you fight pantheon from full health while Teemo just watched? If the former, its understandable, Pantheon will instagib Teemo. If the latter, well, what can I say. People are retarded.

1208768734831.jpg
    @Arivia

Well, were you running away with little health, or did you fight pantheon from full health while Teemo just watched? If the former, its understandable, Pantheon will instagib Teemo. If the latter, well, what can I say. People are retarded.

The former. Then he proceeded to jump in after I died. Yeah.

huntresssig.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    oh god

do people's iqs drop about 50 points when they play teemo or something

I had one just sit in the bushes literally a foot away while I died to pantheon as shyv

then he proceeded to steal all my reds ><

It's the ambush principle.

If your champion can do something invisible, you must stay invisible until they fall into your cunning trap. Even if it takes all game.

This is why anyone who lanes Shaco on your team has a 50% chance of doing absolutely nothing but planting boxes into one bush, then constantly running towards the enemy champs then straight back to the bush. Because, you know, they will fall for it anytime now.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Decided to play Ranked again today out of whimsy

201203161344RankedWin.jpg

Still got it

Cho let AD Sion farm top, had a 50 CS lead at around 20 or so in. I sent TF back early at 3 due to Charm into tower since he was pushing with cards, held lane advantage rest of the way.

By the end of the game, Shyv and Sion were diving 2-3 towers deep for aces and generally not giving a fuck, it was pretty funny to watch

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Lulu:

Pix, Faerie Companion (Passive) - Pix fires magical bolts of energy whenever his owner attacks another enemy unit. These bolts are homing, but can be intercepted by other units.

Glitterlance - Pix and Lulu each fire a bolt of magical energy that heavily slows all enemies it hits. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.

Whimsy - If cast on an ally, grants them movement speed and ability power for a short time. If cast on an enemy, turns them into an adorable critter that can't attack or cast spells.

Help, Pix! - If cast on an ally, commands Pix to jump to an ally and shield them. He then follows them and aids their attacks. If cast on an enemy, commands Pix to jump to an enemy and damage them. He then follows them and grants you vision of that enemy.

Wild Growth (Ultimate) - Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking enemies away from them and granting them a large amount of bonus health. For the next few seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.

This on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    some of these skins are not even 6 months old, I wonder why they want to get rid of them

man lulu looks extremely lame. the only thing good about that is imaging you are rita repulsa

Jars on
    Lulu sounds pretty awesome.

You can imagine the devestation from throwing wild growth onto an Irelia or Tyrndamere in the middle of a team fight.

sig.gif
    All right, let's do it

fully stacked Cho'Gath on Dominion
    center buff
    Surge
    Lulu ultimate

then Skarner ults him

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    This wrote: »
    Lulu:

Pix, Faerie Companion (Passive) - Pix fires magical bolts of energy whenever his owner attacks another enemy unit. These bolts are homing, but can be intercepted by other units.

Glitterlance - Pix and Lulu each fire a bolt of magical energy that heavily slows all enemies it hits. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.

Whimsy - If cast on an ally, grants them movement speed and ability power for a short time. If cast on an enemy, turns them into an adorable critter that can't attack or cast spells.

Help, Pix! - If cast on an ally, commands Pix to jump to an ally and shield them. He then follows them and aids their attacks. If cast on an enemy, commands Pix to jump to an enemy and damage them. He then follows them and grants you vision of that enemy.

Wild Growth (Ultimate) - Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking enemies away from them and granting them a large amount of bonus health. For the next few seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows nearby enemies.

simply adorable.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    That sounds like a reasonably fun support.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    I feel like you can make an argument for running AS/AP Pix focused Lulu like a shield focused AS Janna and have hilarious things happen.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    So, Garen. Started playing this again recently. Use him alot. Was wondering if yall had some build tips?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
    edited March 2012
    So, Garen. Started playing this again recently. Use him alot. Was wondering if yall had some build tips?
    Generic: DBlade, Boots1, DBlade, Brut, Bootswhatever (Ionian's, Swiftness, Merc's are all common), Atma's+Mallet in whatever order is appropriate, FoN

I rune him for heavy ArPen out of the gate generally, something like 28. You need to be a bully and win that lane early or you're not going to do anything.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    INFINITY EDGE

1208768734831.jpg
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    INFINITY EDGE

this is whats up

get those sick judgment crits

• KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    edit: Should click next patch before I click post

Keysier on
    I wonder if Lulu might make bot lane APs a bit more viable. Probably not since they usually don't scale into late game as well, but at least I can continue running my TF bot lane and get a nice support.

sig.gif
    Aoe slow aura seems more beneficial to a melee with a charge or a double charge. Fiora can charge in, get ulted, knock the enemy into her team (and others away) charge again and proceed the carnage.

That and sight on said person if they manage to be near a bush

All in all she looks really cool as a nonheal support. I wish AP chars were more viable overall against the sustain-bruisers

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I feel like she's Janna without the cc mixed with Soraka without the heals

Oh wait no she does have a slow on the q, so that being the case she's a lot like Janna

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    i wonder if there's a max range your ally can get before the pixy comes back to you... like ori's ball

initiatefailure on
    Keysier wrote: »
    Aoe slow aura seems more beneficial to a melee with a charge or a double charge. Fiora can charge in, get ulted, knock the enemy into her team (and others away) charge again and proceed the carnage.

That and sight on said person if they manage to be near a bush

All in all she looks really cool as a nonheal support. I wish AP chars were more viable overall against the sustain-bruisers

Well I said it mainly because she has a shield and a ms/AP buff. An AP that likes AAs like TF may have found a dream support partner, especially when he can take her passive to use on his AAs as well.

sig.gif
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Alistar flashes in.

Pulverizes.

Gets big as hell.

Manrams puny baby enemy into team.

butts
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I was in blind pick solo queue normal game.

I picked Jarvin and locked it in. Then someone picked Xerath and said "top" after we had Cass going mid.

Im like I am top. He said no, go jungle (we had no jungler).

But I kept to my guns and said no.

So Taric and I went top and Xerath and Ashe went bottom.

We laned against an Olaf. This Olaf was terrabad and was mad that we had no jungler and called us noobs.

The enemy Shyvana did well though and kept some pressure.

Then I got jumped on the tower 2 times by 4 out of the 5 enemies!

I died both times and Cass called me bad because I overextended :\

SO I got my wriggles, frozen mallet, and figured it was time to kick some ass and take some names.

I ended up 18-2-3 with a wriggles, dodge booties, mallet, atma and a wits end!

I was 1v3ing them (well, it was really 2v3, but this Taric was just running for his life in circles so he wouldnt die to Veigar, Alistar, and Shyvana). While I was just wailing at them and slowing Shyvana enough with my mallet that she couldnt escape. Then I would kill everyone else.

Now I have to buy a skin for Jarvin since he just tackles everyone without caring.

He is a real man.

Pantheon + J4 = Bros4lyfe

Yeah I understand, she looks like a great combo for a lot of duo lanes

Just her ult is tailored to something else. Kinda sick on a carry or a tank endgame. I mean yeah you are right, she'd be great with AP TF/Ez/Kog and then you can shove your ult on the jungler when they come in to gank

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    lmao at that kit after all of xypherous's posts about how giving AoE CC to a support was a horrible decision with sona and they've learned their lesson etc

gonna be broken as hell

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    lmao at that kit after all of xypherous's posts about how giving AoE CC to a support was a horrible decision with sona and they've learned their lesson etc

gonna be broken as hell

Well the skill and positioning requirements of something like this is pretty far and above Sona's fire and forget ult.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

gonna be broken as hell

Well the skill and positioning requirements of something like this is pretty far and above Sona's fire and forget ult.

true

but we've got a 100% track record for xypherous's characters being overpowered

and this character sounds waaaaay too good already

I'm not too worried. Its going to rely heavily on a team mate doing the right thing to make it useful, since using it on yourself just makes it a weaker janna ult.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Angler Jax looks real bad in game. :( The fishing rod looks awesome but that outfit looks sooooo bad.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    hrm

i guess so

it sounds a lot closer to orianna than to karma though

like, it's the W and E that sound broken to me, the ult is just the "why do they do this" icing on the "they don't think about things" cake

I got the impression the knockback was the tiny Riven's 3rd Q style rather than the big Monsoon push from Janna's ult.

sig.gif
    It really all depends on the numbers. Moves that sound terrible can be broken and moves that sound great can be terrible if the numbers are there.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

gonna be broken as hell

true

but we've got a 100% track record for xypherous's characters being overpowered

and this character sounds waaaaay too good already

Nautilus too strong! ROAR!

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    hrm

i guess so

it sounds a lot closer to orianna than to karma though

like, it's the W and E that sound broken to me, the ult is just the "why do they do this" icing on the "they don't think about things" cake

It is the ultimate ability though. IT is usually supposed to be pretty defining and on a fairly big cooldown. And Champ abilities always sound OP until you get actual cooldown/numbers behind them.

I think she sounds fun though :D

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Nautilus is a great champ.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Attaching Pix to someone like Tristana when she pops her Q sounds...scary.

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

He's good, sure, but I wouldn't ban him if we got 5 bans per team.

edited March 2012
    I was speaking design wise for the most part.

Flavor, feel, kit, he's just awesome.

I mean his passive feels awesome. Stopping some dude in his tracks with your massive anchor.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular

Far from overpowered though.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
This discussion has been closed.