As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What if all my threads...were spiders

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    hsepede.jpg

I kill the shit out of these fuckers, though.

Hi, I'm your substitute BugBoy for the day

that is a house centipede

they CAN bite, but overall they are nonagressive

and they help keep your home free of other pests

don't kill these guys, they're beneficial

If they were meant to live, they wouldn't have so many legs.

yeah see, I know all that stuff about house centipedes, but

fuck that they're disgusting and terrible

silverfish can stay though I think they're cute

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Speaking of cool bugs, osmia avosetta are a species carpenter bee that make their nests from flower petals.

sLJCT.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Also, treehoppers are rad for the diverse and crazy "helmets" the many different species sport.

tumblr_lunku7G0wY1qm80m4o1_500.png

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I didn't know house centipedes were beneficial

I'll definitely keep them around then, they seem to like my basement area a bunch. But I don't go out of my way to kill them anyway. If one happens to scurry by it's no thing. it's not like they're roaches. God. Let's genocide roaches.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    while we're taking about nitiduluseses:

blue+bee+bengkulu+sumatera+indonesia.jpg

Thyreus nitidulus aka the neon cuckoo bee!

mensch-o-matic on
    Druhim wrote: »
    Also, treehoppers are rad for the diverse and crazy "helmets" the many different species sport.

tumblr_lunku7G0wY1qm80m4o1_500.png

omg that second one from the bottom-left

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Relevant art from my tattoo artist:

416793_403306979683340_100000121233777_1744661_1106689709_n.jpg

Hmmm ... he does good insects. What's the most pirate-related insect I could put with my expanded tattoo? Yes I'll take 'that's a stretch' suggestions.

E: He just did another one!

419732_405309796149725_100000121233777_1750477_682592225_n.jpg

So glad I choose this guy as my main artist.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    how about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthocoridae

"The Anthocoridae are a family of bugs, commonly called minute pirate bugs or flower bugs"

goes with all your flowery stuff too!

4SMZq.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    insects

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hey remember that one movie 'antz'

• Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    You know what bugs are cool? Leaf bugs. I always liked those sneaky little bastards.

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    hey remember that one movie 'A Bug's Life'

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    broken image link
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    bee mimic, huh

interesting mouthparts

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Can we make this the Butler thread too?

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Bleh, centipedes. Had a 8-incher+ sneak into my place a few weeks back. Took forever to find where it crawled under to kill it.

Don't know how it is with other centipedes, but the ones in Hawaii sting like motherfuckers and can hurt/cause enough swelling for people to go to the hospital.

Kill on sight.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bleh, centipedes. Had a 8-incher+ sneak into my place a few weeks back. Took forever to find where it crawled under to kill it.

Don't know how it is with other centipedes, but the ones in Hawaii sting like motherfuckers and can hurt/cause enough swelling for people to go to the hospital.

Kill on sight.

Damn, I wish mine was 8 inches plus...

Oh wait, bugs! Yeah, bugs...

We have very invasive ants? No matter how clean we try to keep the place, and how vigilant we are about murdering them en masse, there are always ants in our apartment.

000th0xr
    Hickory horned devils hatch and feed primarily on nut trees, such as walnut and hickory, but will also munch on privet and related plants. Apparently there is much to be said for the nutritional value of this diet.
    Like all butterflies and moths, these creatures are members of the order Lepidoptera. One of the main distinguishing characteristics of this order are the wings, which are covered with an extremely fine layer of scales which are actually modified hairs. These scales are what allow the lepidoptera to display such amazing patterns and colors, and they also accomplish another neat trick: because the scales will easily come off, many moths can escape from spider webs as the threads will stick to the scales and the moth will squirm free. With a five-inch wingspan, though, I suspect it would have to be a very large spider that would concern this moth.

(more cutiepillars and info here!)
    Moth 13 wrote: »

well if a moth asks then how can i resist

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I raised some caterpillars once

tent caterpillars

they began metamorphosis but they never emerged

Large spider, you say?
    25555d1225041252-giant-spider-snapped-eating-bird-backyard-golden-orb-weaver1.jpg

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    holy shit that snake-mimicking caterpillar

• ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Uh...hi guys.

tumblr_lk9twjwCGn1qctgdno1_500.jpg

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I know how you feel, spider.

I'M INVISIBLE

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

I like the way you think

I remember this picture from back when I was a kid

Have some Internet Points if you know what it's from

9Rp9V.jpg

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I remember this picture from back when I was a kid

Have some Internet Points if you know what it's from

9Rp9V.jpg

pretty sure one of these ate my +1 armor at some point

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Jumping spiders are the best ever.

jumping_spider_eating_by_macrojunkie.jpg

The Tarantulas we get in Arizona aren't quite as cute as jumping spiders, but they are incredibly chill critters. We would get a couple of them tunneling in our backyard every summer and they would prowl around at night. You could put your hand in front of them and they would crawl onto it and sit tight for a while until you set them down again (they liked the warmth/moisture, maybe?).

They've got good reason to be so non-aggressive though, since their venom does just about dick all to something as big as a person and if they fall or get knocked a foot or two they have a good chance of dying instantly if their abdomen gets cracked.

Marshmallow on
  • ReginaldReginald When I am Pres., I will create the Department of ______Registered User regular
    Did you guys know that insects that sleep at night get covered in dew just like leaves of grass?

article-1260946-08E1118E000005DC-963_964x694.jpg

Yo!

article-1260946-08E11469000005DC-460_964x888.jpg

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Which movie is superior, Antz or A Bug's Life?

b1ehrMM.gif
    Honey I Shrunk The Kids

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    There is a little jumping spider living on my bathroom window.

Today a bigger spider invaded its territory, so it crept up behind the interloper, pounced on it, and threw it off the window.

It was awesome.

broken image link
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Had a 8-incher+ sneak into my place a few weeks back.

the ones in Hawaii sting like motherfuckers and can hurt/cause enough swelling for people to go to the hospital.

that's what she said

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    my butler's named Wimsley

he's ever so proper but i suspect he occasionally plunders the wine cellar

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Which movie is superior, Antz or A Bug's Life?

How is this even a question a person asks?

Bee movie ALWAYS Bee movie!
    Antz is horrible and should never be mentioned ever

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    hsepede.jpg

I kill the shit out of these fuckers, though.

Hi, I'm your substitute BugBoy for the day

that is a house centipede

they CAN bite, but overall they are nonagressive

and they help keep your home free of other pests

don't kill these guys, they're beneficial

YES! BUT DAMN THEY ARE SCARY!

The previous house I was renting in North Virginia had an infestation of those in the basement, I would trap them and put them outside to assassinate the bugs out there. I could never completely get rid of them, the house wasn't sealed well and they'd find their way in looking for prey.

brDe918.jpg
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular

Kill on sight.

I lived in Pearl City for a year and a half, and only once did I see one that size crawling around in the garage.

The roaches, though, ugh. There's no escape from those roaches. Come downstairs in the morning and flip on a light and a giant fat roach goes running. I do not miss that at all.

We had sugar ants, too. The Terminix guy came out to inspect our ant problem, he walked around the house and came back with a really funny look in his eyes. Like he saw the size of the opposing forces army and knew there was nothing he could do. He managed to keep them out of the house, but the colony was all around us and our neighbors, just a truly massive number of ants.

brDe918.jpg