As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Challenge Coins - Orders Closed

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Mine showed up yesterday, they look great! Thanks for your work on this karmacappa

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    FYI to people who still want to buy coins- there will be a post about it sometime in the near future. Details are still in flux a little- but it should straighten out soon enough.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Got my package of coins for distribution today!!!
    Coins1.jpg

Coins2.jpg

Coins3.jpg

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
    Got mine too.

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

Larger size: Linky

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    Kiashien wrote:
    Got mine too.

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

never thought to build a pyramid of coins...

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Kiashien wrote:
    Got mine too.

IMAG0307.jpg

IMAG0308.jpg

never thought to build a pyramid of coins...

I never had so many, and when I saw them I just had to :)

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    gigabrain wrote:
    Got my package of coins for distribution today!!!
    Coins1.jpg
    Whoo-hoo! 3 weeks away. I so cannot wait!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    I gotta meet up with one of ya'll to grab some coins to help with the distribution part.

I hope so! You or Giga is my connection for Pre-Pax Dinner to pick up.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    So I went to Wondercon today to make sure Kris Straub and Scott Kurtz (Bandland will be poorer without them) got their coins. Also, Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day got coins at their Geek and Sundry panel. So all you people with coins, you are in good company!

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
    MxWood wrote:
    I gotta meet up with one of ya'll to grab some coins to help with the distribution part.

Lemme know when's a good time and I'll get you some.

I hope so! You or Giga is my connection for Pre-Pax Dinner to pick up.

I'll update our document :)

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    Document?

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Document?

The will call folks are keeping track of who is getting coins from whom.

• BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Got my coins. They look great, thanks Karma.

• The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular
    I will be going on the MMT and the PPD, so whoever will be distributing from those will be my hookup.

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
    I will be going on the MMT and the PPD, so whoever will be distributing from those will be my hookup.

I'll have yours on the MMT!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    zerzhul wrote:
    Document?

The will call folks are keeping track of who is getting coins from whom.
    Ah, gotcha. Good to know!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Ok, the everyone on the Will Call list received the details on the Volunteers. Please make sure you contact them via e-mail or message them on the forums (which automatically sends them an e-mail as well) to arrange a pickup.
    Orders are open for a bit again for WILL CALL COINS ONLY. I ordered about 60 more coins. If you already ordered coins and want more Will Call, you can place another order as I've removed ordering limits. However, once I hit the number of coins we have, I won't be able to offer any more, as there is no longer any time to make another coin order from Phoenix. This is the last call for coins.

ok figured i'd update again, i'll be at the PPD, JJ Foleys, the Pokecrawl, maybe even parts of the MMT and anywhere any of you want me to be, just let me know where and i'll be sure to do whatever I can to get you what you need.

My short list:

Staying at Hyatt Regency, easy handoffs for that.
    Pokecrawl, Mareep Gold (Mareep Silver should be fine too, since the first bars overlap)
    BYOC on and off- Yes I have a badge, so if you're in BYOC, I'm probably a good choice.
    Coin Lunch (Signups are currently closed for that)
    Cigar Social (2 AM Friday if not raining / snowing. 2 AM Saturday otherwise)
    Freeplay- from 2pm friday until 8 pm friday. Closer to beginning or end preferred, since will be running a Shadowrun game.

Other handoffs available by request :)

edited March 2012
    MxWood wrote:

Lemme know when's a good time and I'll get you some.

Well you do live a whole 5 Minutes away from me, if even. I will probably just grab them on Tuesday, I know Khadour is gonna have a bunch too so I might try to split it up since he'll have his hands full with them.

MxWood on
  • ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    I'm definitely on board for Coin Lunch, BTW. Already RSVP'd a while ago but I wasn't sure about my Omeganaut schedule at the time.

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
    edited March 2012
    Just to update everyone on where I'll be to hand out coins.

Tuedsay: JJ Foleys for Pre-Pre-PAX Game Night all evening.

Wednesday and Thursday: Magical Mystery Tour (both days). This includes the Fried Food Extravaganza as well. Pre-PAX Dinner on Thursday night followed by Gaming at the Westin until about 11:30 PM (gotta catch the last train out of town)

Friday I'll be attending the Coin Lunch and during the weekend I'll be available to meet up anywhere for coin handoffs, just send me a DM via twitter (@gigawell), text/call my cell phone, or shoot me an email (included in the email to will call).

I'm not staying in town for the weekend so meeting up at your hotel may not be your best bet unless you're at one of the hotels around the Waterfront area and want to meet up at the end of the day.

For anyone hanging around Boston for a few days after PAX, if I miss you during the weekend I'm more than willing to meet up during that week if needed.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Hey, my apologies for being somewhat out of touch, I've been doing a lot of travel to remote locations the last few weeks. Anyway, I'm back now, and excited to be one of your coin distributors. I will be at the Westin Pre-PAX gaming night on Thursday, and of course the cigar smoker on Friday or Saturday night. Depending on when PeasantDave sets as the times for trading card exchanges, I expect to be at some of those events as well. Finally, I will also be in the Tabletop Freeplay area on Sunday from noon to 2 pm. This is essentially planned as the "last chance for coin pick-up." If there's another, earlier, time that works for you, great. If not, and if you choose this as your pick-up time, make sure you don't miss it, because this will likely be your last pick-up opportunity. It is also open as a back-up opportunity for anyone who misses his or her rendezvous earlier in the weekend.

• The_Doctor1The_Doctor1 Registered User regular

I'll have yours on the MMT!

Cool, thanks :-)

PAX East 2014 Checklist: [X] Time off [X] Plane Ticket [X] Hotel [X] 3-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote: »
    Hey, my apologies for being somewhat out of touch, I've been doing a lot of travel to remote locations the last few weeks. Anyway, I'm back now, and excited to be one of your coin distributors. I will be at the Westin Pre-PAX gaming night on Thursday, and of course the cigar smoker on Friday or Saturday night. Depending on when PeasantDave sets as the times for trading card exchanges, I expect to be at some of those events as well. Finally, I will also be in the Tabletop Freeplay area on Sunday from noon to 2 pm. This is essentially planned as the "last chance for coin pick-up." If there's another, earlier, time that works for you, great. If not, and if you choose this as your pick-up time, make sure you don't miss it, because this will likely be your last pick-up opportunity. It is also open as a back-up opportunity for anyone who misses his or her rendezvous earlier in the weekend.

Trading card exchanges will be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 6:30 PM in the Westin lobby.

Kiashien wrote: »
    My short list:

Staying at Hyatt Regency, easy handoffs for that.
    Hey! We're in the same hotel! Haha, how 'bout that for coincidinks.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    My (tentative) schedule for the week is:
    Monday - Waterborn's gaming night
    Tuesday - J. J. Foley's Pre-Pre-PAX Gaming Night
    Wednesday - parts of MMT during the day, pig roast Wednesday night
    Thursday - parts of MMT during the day, PokeCrawl Thursday night (Totodile Gold)
    Friday - Keynote followed by Q&A, then BYOC and tabletop most of the day, trading card meet if I can make it, Cult of the Leaf if I'm still around
    Saturday - BYOC and tabletop, trading card meet if I can make it, concerts, available to meet by request
    Sunday - BYOC and tabletop, trading card meet if I can make it, available to meet by request

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

edited March 2012
    1) E-mail to kcappa-paxcoin (at) yahoo.com
    2) Include your name, e-mail address, and billing address You may also optionally include a phone number in case we need to contact you.
    3) How many coins do you want to order?

Just to let everyone know, this is how you order. Coins are $5 a piece.

karmacappa on
    karmacappa wrote: »
    1) E-mail to kcappa-paxcoin (at) yahoo.com
    2) Include your name, e-mail address, and billing address You may also optionally include a phone number in case we need to contact you.
    3) How many coins do you want to order?

Just to let everyone know, this is how you order. Coins are $5 a piece.

And a reminder- there is no order limit and any coins not ordered Karma will be forced to eat the cost of, out of pocket. He doesn't like to stress that, but I feel people should know.

Order! (Yes, I took my own advice and upped my own order.)

I am able to accept Five (5) more people for the coin lunch.

You can RSVP here. The first five people to sign up gets the slots- This limit is from the restaurant.

I've confirmed that my Black Blood of the Earth and associated test tubes will arrive before PAX, and therefore I will have a limited supply of extreme caffeine.

I don't know how many test tubes he sent me though (He threw them in free) so I can't make promises yet, other than some people may get the ultimate in caffeine delivered with their coins.

To answer some questions...

Yes, there is still 5 spots open for the Coin lunch.

Yes, Karma still has coins to sell- and remember, the 5-coin limit has been removed, so if you bought some already and would like more, you can buy them.

Kiashien wrote: »
    To answer some questions...

Yes, there is still 5 spots open for the Coin lunch.

Yes, Karma still has coins to sell- and remember, the 5-coin limit has been removed, so if you bought some already and would like more, you can buy them.

What he said...also if you're a will call recipient and you haven't contacted a volunteer to set up delivery please do so!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular

What he said...also if you're a will call recipient and you haven't contacted a volunteer to set up delivery please do so!

Which volunteers are going to be at BYOC? I can pick up from any of them Friday morning.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
    edited March 2012
    flatline wrote: »

Which volunteers are going to be at BYOC? I can pick up from any of them Friday morning.

Both me and Khandour Khadour and I will be at BYOC.

Edit: My inner grammar nazi wouldn't leave it that way....

Kiashien on

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Successfully joined the Coin-holders club!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
    4 open seats left for the Coin lunch.

• EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ordered my coin - looking forward to meeting all of you at the lunch! I was only able to get my hands on a Saturday badge, so this is a nice way to partly fill my Friday. I anticipate bringing trading cards, too, for those of you who are participating.

EQV on
    TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
    So I looked at my badge which arrived today, and I noticed that we made a good decision with the space invaders alongside of the arcade cabinet on the back of the coin.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
This discussion has been closed.