As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show off your [Screenshots] thread [NSF56k]

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Finding servers is still easy enough for things like DM and TDM in UT2K4.

• Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Skyrim at ultra settings with several mods thrown into the mix. The most notable one here being "Detailed Cities", which adds extra trees and detail to the cities.
    ?.jpg

My guy chilling in his house in Whiterun.
    ?.jpg

Dragon Vs. Mammoth, go! I'm running the mod "Bigger Mammoths", hence the size of our hairy friend here. The dragon won out in the end, though. Boo. :(
    ?.jpg

Ginny from Rage. All settings are maxed out.
    ?.jpg

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Gaslight wrote: »
    If I were to get one of the Unreal Tournament games at this point, are there still people playing online? If so, are they all burly men, if so how burly, and would they use lube?

Strangely enough, I think the newest UT is the deadest. I still play UT99 occasionally and can find games pretty easily, especially on the weekends. UT2004 probably has just as many as 99, if not more.
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    it probably has something to do with my age, but ill always see doom/duke/decent/quake as the golden era of fps

Everyone agrees with you. Not just old people.

Yeah, it's not your age. It's just the truth. I was too young to play most of those games when they were released and I still agree with you.

I think I'm going to reinstall Duke just because those screens really make me want to play it. If anyone else has Duke urges to fulfill, gog.com actually has the game on sale this weekend for 3 dollars. 3 dollars. If you don't already own it, that will be the best 3 bucks you ever spent.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I really disliked the art direction and style in UT3. UT99 and 2004 were all about the day-glo sci-fi settings. Fantastical stuff where you could just as easily be screaming across the terrain on a high speed train, or in a convoy of mega cargo trucks. You could be flag capping on an asteroid spinning in space (I actually got a bit of vertigo the first time I played Facing Worlds), or insta-gibbing around gigantic trees in a forest at night. You could be launching assaults on vessels in space before landing and taking the fight inside, or you could be bounding across the tops of 3 ultra-massive super-skyscrapers that are so far above the Earth that gravity is a plaything.

With UT3 they decided "no, we're actually serious and grim now" for some reason. The whole art style was turned into super-unsaturated "Gears of Unreal" monochrome worlds. Why? What purpose did that serve? You couldn't even tell what colour teams people were on by default, so they literally had to make people GLOW bright red or blue at a distance because otherwise you had no idea what you were shooting at. They really lost what could have been a more unique look to the franchise, and instead made the visuals look sharper but what they were actually showing with them was attempting to be generic GRIMDARK.

I will never understand why they felt it so important to try and shove Gears of Wars art style into UT3, but it just didn't work.

subedii on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I always thought it looked a lot like Gears too. Gears of War is good, but I don't want it in my UT. The guy on the cover even looked like Marcus, if it actually wasn't really him.

I'm sure Cliffy had something to do with it, but yeah it was a pretty big failure. You can't go wrong with either 99 or 2004, though. Both are still fun.

anoffday on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Wasn't it made RIGHT in the middle of the gritty-grim-browngrey heyday? Things are moving away from that now thank christ, but back then it was unthinkable to try to be 'fantastical', which is what colour was apparently...

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    That depth of fields is pretty darn sexy @roshin

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I always thought it looked a lot like Gears too. Gears of War is good, but I don't want it in my UT. The guy on the cover even looked like Marcus, if it actually wasn't really him.

I'm sure Cliffy had something to do with it, but yeah it was a pretty big failure. You can't go wrong with either 99 or 2004, though. Both are still fun.

The game itself is pretty fucking good but the art really soured me on the game. That and the fact nobody plays it anymore.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hopefully epic learns from UT3 and doesn't try that again.

I'd love to see a UT99 HD that plays exactly the same, rather than a new UT.

anoffday on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My Shephard from Mass Effect 3. All settings are maxed out.
    ?.jpg

Shephard feelin' alright with the crew. Possibly looking to get laid.
    ?.jpg

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Should probably open the Normandy's windows, Shep needs some sun.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited March 2012

When I started playing Mass Effect 2, I spent a lot of time trying to create a pretty Shephard and I was never quite happy with the result. Eventually, I got really frustrated with myself, because I wanted to get on with the game, but I couldn't get past character creation. Yes, I can be seriously picky designing characters.

In the end, I decided to do the opposite. Instead of trying to create a pretty Shephard, I went for an ugly or at least an unconventional one. Now, she is one of my favorites and I can't imagine playing Mass Effect without her. :D

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    I did the same thing with my male Shep. My guy isn't ugly but he's no fashion model, and now he seems to fit Mark Meer's voice so well that when I look at other playthrough's and see their Shep talking it...doesn't feel right!

• Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Roshin wrote: »
    When I started playing Mass Effect 2, I spent a lot of time trying to create a pretty Shephard and I was never quite happy with the result. Eventually, I got really frustrated with myself, because I wanted to get on with the game, but I couldn't get past character creation. Yes, I can be seriously picky designing characters.

Character creator lighting is always really bad, character's never look half as good under the usual game lighting and there's always something you messed up that you don't notice for an hour or two. In Skyrim, I just said fuck it, and gave my character a big semitic nose and a bad haircut.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    AOD in the public beta looks quite a bit better since the combat demo.

AoD2012032222234223.jpg

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    whoa. that does look leaps and bounds better then when i last saw it.

hell i almost thought it had vanished.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Ayyyeee oooohhh deeee?

What does this stand for?

Army of Darkness
    I wish. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Ayyyeee oooohhh deeee?

What does this stand for?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    you know.

i honestly cant remember.

i know its a roman post-apoc game paying alot to fallout.

i just cant remember the damn name.

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Age of Decadence, I think? They're affiliated with the guys making Dead State in some way.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, the guys who a lot of the dead state guys moved over to work on. Is dead state even alive? I haven't seen any updates on it in like a year

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the guys who a lot of the dead state guys moved over to work on. Is dead state even alive? I haven't seen any updates on it in like a year

Brian recently posted that he thinks about doing a kickstarter for it. Basically everyone got side-jobs and it became more of a hobby.

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    2A64C80F01A3FAAE0E90CA58B7985F45FBE68A7E

I've come to the conclusion that this is one of the best looking games of this generation. The shader work is really, really nice, like the running water on the stones of this level, and the glittering skin of the ogres, for example. Since the levels are so small, the geometry is also incredible, with quite a lot of bricks and stones poking out of the walls and floors, instead of just flat textures. It's also interesting to turn the graphics quality down to the lowest setting to see how bland and colorless everything becomes. The lighting work is equally well made.

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    Fs6Fv.png
    Built this a while back, then kind of stopped playing. I still pop in, after an update, to see if it still works. Considering finishing it, but don't want to get sucked in again.

• Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Did you make a calculator?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Did you make a calculator?

A very basic one, yeah. It adds/subtracts 4-bit values. I've seen a fully functional graphing calculator, so mine is relatively unimpressive, but learning the logic/designing the circuits was fun.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    If anyone here grabs UT99 or 2K4 make sure you grab the U4E mod, best time you'll ever have.

• Options
    Showing off some more of DD's awesome lighting.

?.jpg

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Them jaggies, man!

Jaggies and, and. I don't know any other words that go with it.

Uh.

Oh my. She has no pinkie.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Now I won't be able to unsee that, thanks. :lol:

• Options
    Silent Hill 2 PC in a proper non-fucked-up HD.

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

this might be a spoiler
    ?.jpg

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Roshin wrote: »

In the end, I decided to do the opposite. Instead of trying to create a pretty Shephard, I went for an ugly or at least an unconventional one. Now, she is one of my favorites and I can't imagine playing Mass Effect without her. :D

I wonder if you can get a guy to look like that

David Bowie Shepard, master shapeshifter and savior of the universe.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I can't even discern whats going on in that spoilered picture. If someone asked me I'd just guess it was some serious model warping going on due to some bug.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I can't even discern whats going on in that spoilered picture. If someone asked me I'd just guess it was some serious model warping going on due to some bug.
    Looks to be Pyramid Head during his infamous scene where he rapes a mannequin

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

Ah, ok. I guess that makes my mind able to see whats going on a little better but
    the mannequin is all legs. Like, every appendage.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options

Ah, ok. I guess that makes my mind able to see whats going on a little better but
    the mannequin is all legs. Like, every appendage.

Yes, in fact, it is

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    yeah i always wondered that..
    why everyone assumed he was raping them, he does other weird gestures too.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Half Life 2 is one of the most beautiful games in my opinion. A lot of games today don't even compare.

I think my favorite thing about the Source Engine is still how incredibly scalable it is. We've seen everything from a pretty impressive port of Half Life 2 on the original Xbox all the way to games like Portal 2. I think it's interesting that the Source engine launched with CS:S in '04 and is still being used in new games today. I know there have been prodigious updates to the engine since then, but I can't think of many other engines that have remained commercially viable for the better part of a decade.

I'm running a pretty outdated iece of hardware so it's less impressive when I say it, but I still think that HL2:DM with all settings cranked up is one of the best looking games I own.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Tried some Witcher 2 on ultra settings (everything enabled), 1680x1050, with ubersampling on. Framerate was low but playable (15-30 fps) and it is almost all GPU heavy, with 50% CPU and about 3 gigs ram usage at max load.

witcher2201204042238067.jpg

witcher2201204042243564.jpg

witcher2201204042250149.jpg

witcher2201204042313380.jpg

• Options
    turn off ubersampling and turn on ssma on the control panel and your frames are much better and everything still nice looking.

This discussion has been closed.