As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Cards Against Humanity] The Original and the Best! Now with Extra Graphics!

simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a differencetoday, a differenceRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Critical Failures
Cards Against Humanity

You know Apples to Apples, right? Party game, one person gets to play a Red Apple card that gives a noun or some other thing to be described, and all the other players get to play a Green Apple card that acts as the descriptor. Then the person who played the Red Apple card gets to decide which one fits the best - though honestly, I'm pretty sure everyone just picks the one that is the funniest.

Cards Against Humanity is like that, only it drops the innocent pretense.

This is a game where you'll be trying to figure out the best card in your hand to fill the blank in "I drink to forget __________", and the cards in your hand include smegma, the homosexual agenda, and historically black colleges.

It's really funny.

The game itself is available for free at the Cards Against Humanity website, or you can pay cash money to get a physical copy of the thing. There's an expansion pack available, but we won't be playing with that, since it costs cash money and I am but a poor Australian.

Here's how the game itself will work, though: sign up in the thread, and when the game starts, you'll be sent a hand of ten White Cards. Once the game starts, everyone takes it in turns to be the Card Czar and judge the results of that round. Only the winner of the round is publicly revealed as having played any particular card, so you can feign innocence when your abortion card didn't win the round.

The equivalent of Red Apple cards in this game are called Black Cards. Basically, the Card Czar chooses which one they find the funniest, and then the player who put down that White Card (or Cards) wins a point! Once we all start getting tired, we get one final round, where everyone makes a haiku from the cards in their hand, and that's game over.

I'll be looking at five or more players, preferably, but there's plenty of room.

So, what are you waiting for? Sign up, and get ready to be politically incorrect!

PLAYERS
1. Capfalcon - 1 Awesome Point
2. Lucedes - 1 Awesome Point
3. Cayrus - 1 Awesome Point
4. Mim - 1 Awesome Point
5. I needed a name to post. - 0 Awesome Points
6. Bedlam. - 0 Awesome Points
7. Telnaior - 1 Awesome Point
8. tzeentchling - 2 Awesome Point
9. blahmcblah - 2 Awesome Point

PREVIOUS ROUNDS
1. This is the way the world ends \ This is the way the world ends \ Not with a bang but with a sad handjob. (winner: Capfalcon)
2. For my next trick, I will pull the Jews out of bitches. (winner: Mim)
3. What's my secret power? Dick fingers. (winner: Lucedes)
4. A romantic, candlelit dinner would be incomplete without police brutality. (winner: Telnaior)
5. During sex, I like to think about BATMAN!!!. (winner: tzeentchling )
6. Rumor has it that Vladimir Putin's favourite dish is a can of whoop-ass stuffed with raptor attacks. (winner: Cayrus)
7. What's there a ton of in heaven? Ghosts. (winner: blahmcblah)
8. In an attempt to reach a wider audience, the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History has opened an interactive exhibit on queefing. (winner: blahmcblach)
9. In M. Night Shyamalan's new movie, Bruce Willis discovers that Bill Nye the Science Guy had really been not reciprocating oral sex all along. (winner: tzeentchling )

CURRENT ROUND
War! What is it good for?

simonwolf on

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I do like Apples To Apples, especially when it gets inappropriate.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yussssss

i like apples~

i'm unsure about humanity~

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    This sounds like a lot of fun.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Let's see if we can't get another couple of people involved before we start the game, shall we?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I am BOTH those things!

liEt3nH.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Sure, why not.

• TelnaiorTelnaior Registered User regular
    Joining in!

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm already on this list. Yesssssss.

Mim on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Alright, we have seven people now, but I'll wait until this has been open at least 24 hours before officially calling things to a close, sending out hands, and declaring who shall be the first of the Card Czars.

I guess it's game on, then!

Everyone will be receiving their hands shortly, containing ten White Cards.

The Card Czar for this round is Bedlam! You will judge the results after they come in, and determine a victor, so don't send in a card.

The Black Card for this round is...

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but with __________.

PM me the White Card in your hand that you think is the best/funniest fit!

Let the games begin.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Oh man, am I too late to join in? Cause I super enjoy CAH. If I am, then I suppose I will reserve.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Is there any time limit for getting our cards in? Obviously the sooner the better...

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Card submitted, btw.

I would imagine that the process of deciding on a card shouldn't take that long, it's just a matter of when whoever hasn't submitted a card yet logs on (weekends ho).

Also I hope that the Card Czar talks through these things! It's not gonna be any fun if you just say "Well I think The Aristocrats is best, next card" Bedlam!

liEt3nH.png
    edited March 2012
    Hopefully we can get through about one round a day, since it is not a very hard game to work through. Weekends are another matter entirely, though. And yes, posting in here during the round and doing some elaboration on your choices is heartily encouraged, otherwise this thread will mostly just be me doing updates, and that would be the worst.

But enough about that! It's time for the FIRST ROUND JUDGING AAAAAAA

ROUND ONE

This is the way the world ends...
    • Not with a bang but with unfathomable stupidity.
    • Not with a bang but with foreskin.
    • Not with a bang but with the South.
    • Not with a bang but with seduction.
    • Not with a bang but with a sad handjob.
    • Not with a bang but with child beauty pageants.

@Bedlam, as Card Czar, your time is now - which of these choices is the best and/or funniest? Decisions!

simonwolf on
    Also I boldly encourage saying these all out loud regardless of who is around you.

liEt3nH.png
    @tzeentchling - if you don't mind a one round disadvantage, then you are welcome to join in the fun! I'll send you a fresh hand when this round is over.

edited March 2012
    Cool, sounds good!

Edit - also, since I don't have a stake in this round, I have to say that of those submissions, "unfathomable stupidity" is the hands-down clear favorite of mine.

tzeentchling on
    Child beauty pageants is always the right answer.

Always.

Oh feck. no pressure or anything :S

edited March 2012
    This is the way the world ends..

Not with a bang but with a sad handjob.
    I liked the ones just above and below it but sad handjob made me laugh the most.

Bedlam on
    Whoohoo!

ALL BOW BEFORE ME!

Round One goes to Capfalcon! He scores an Awesome Point, and all others wallow in shame.

The next Card Czar is Telnaior! Everyone else, check your inboxes, as you'll be receiving your new cards.

Which you'll need to put to good use as the next Black Card is...

For my next trick, I will pull __________ out of __________.

For this round, select TWO of your cards, and PM them to me in order of blank to be filled.

Aww, nothing can beat a sad handjob.

edited March 2012
    Cayrus wrote: »
    Aww, nothing can beat a sad handjob.

:winky:

e: I want you all to imagine that were we sitting around a table I would have put my two cards down here authoritively.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    I agonized over two of my cards but I think the result maximizes the lolz.

Who put in "stupidity" last round? Because you get a cookie from me.

This round, we'll see. I like my submissions, but they're not instant winners, I think.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I am a fool for not signing up earlier. Can I come in with a two-round disadvantage? I really just want to play.

blahmcblah on
    Well, since not everyone has submitted for the most recent round, you'll have but a one round disadvantage!

Sending you a hand o' cards right now, chuckles.

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Hooray, thanks! :)

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I am following this with many giggles :D

• TelnaiorTelnaior Registered User regular
    These submissions had better be good!
    (I should probably change my avatar back now, shouldn't I?)

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Who put in "stupidity" last round? Because you get a cookie from me.

This round, we'll see. I like my submissions, but they're not instant winners, I think.

<3

I'm guessing whoever played foreskin last round is hating themselves right now; its just so perfect for this one.

That always happens in A2A style games. Especially to me, usually.

Just waiting on one last jerk to submit their turn, and we'll be up to the judging stage.

HEY JERK! WAY TO GO YOU JERK!

• peskypesky Registered User regular
    Can I join in as well? Screw the 2 round advantage. Im here for the lols.

I am deciding that we are totes full up at this point, mostly because I can't be fucked tracking more than nine hands at a time.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Simon, I will join your magical game of hilarity and be not a late jerk. :)

That is, if it please the jury.
    Like Blah, I wanted to join but wasn't sure if there was a cap.

Edit: and of course you say that while I was posting... :D
    Go vanilla!

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636