As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

External Hard Drive Enclosures and Laptop Hard Drives.

21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short![They/Them]Registered User regular
Hello everyone,

Lately, I've been tidying up and I'm ready to get rid of old computers, but I still want to make sure I don't lose old stuff because I'm silly like that. So I'm thinking of getting an external enclosure because I had enough trouble plugging in one HDD in my computer that I don't want to do it with old, kinda useless ones.

Now, as I was pondering this, my sister broke her laptop. I'm wondering two things:

Are cheap, bare bones enclosures like this one good and can I use those for laptop HDDs or would I need a different model? My sister doesn't want to lose all her data and I'm assuming if we go to Future Shop, it'll end up costing a bit more than necessary.

Thanks in advance.

21stCentury on

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    that will work just fine. assuming your laptop drives aren't super old and use an ide connection.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms