As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Archer: BACK!!!!

• farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    SMOKEBOMB!

• SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Slowly riding Cyril like a weightless mule through a floating glob of Lana's half-digested lunch while holding his mouth open is so fucking Archer that it's just, it's just Archer.

In fact, if Archer was a verb, that would be the exact nature of the action the verb would describe.

...Also presumably something having to do with bows and arrows.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    SMOKEBOMB!

Figures Krieger's minute in the show was one of the best, heh.

and i can WATCH! the door so no one can see ya doing the dirt

borderline nsfw stuff from the past 2 weeks of archer
    archer_pam.jpg
    archer.jpg

• MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Pam's "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat" had me going.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    You could almost hear the grin on Cranston's face when he did the last line of the episode.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    So Archer+ Pirates+ Space= Space Lacrosse?

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    just finished.

great episode. A zone that is great danger.

SMOKEBOMB.

maybe i dont get out enough but what does pam mean by moab... i was under the impression it is massive ordnance air burst but clearly that isnt what is implied here... do i need to head over to urban dictionary?

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    maybe i dont get out enough but what does pam mean by moab... i was under the impression it is massive ordnance air burst but clearly that isnt what is implied here... do i need to head over to urban dictionary?

Mother of All B___ - I don't know what the B could stand for in this case, but there are options.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure how the Archer people are so consistently good

override367 on
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

don't jinx it!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I like to believe that they produce three times as many episodes that we actually see. Then they watch them all, and those that aren't good enough are burnt to ashes, along with the writers that contributed to them.
    It's just a huge pyre of mediocrity that will never be inflicted upon the audience, joyfully offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of animation.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    They're fueled by green Russians and bear claws, all day everyday. How can you not produce quality on that kind of sustenance?

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I like to believe that they produce three times as many episodes that we actually see. Then they watch them all, and those that aren't good enough are burnt to ashes, along with the writers that contributed to them.
    It's just a huge pyre of mediocrity that will never be inflicted upon the audience, joyfully offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of animation.

Sounds like a huge waste. They could easily sell those as another Adult Swim show.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Mother of All B___ - I don't know what the B could stand for in this case, but there are options.

The easy guess would be "blowjob", but that doesn't really seem to fit the situation...

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Aren't they all essentially written by Adam Reed?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    could just be 'bonings'

• Bear CavalryBear Cavalry Registered User regular
    The third season of Archer has been so damn good, 'El Contador' is the high point for me. Cyril being vaguely competent is so funny to me.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Mouth on a butt

can you feel the struggle within?
  • PonyPony Registered User regular

Yes, about that...
    SMOKE BOMB!

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    It weirds me out that Archer manages to make awesome things just seem so awesome.

I want to go on the zero-g NASA plane now :(

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    It weirds me out that Archer manages to make awesome things just seem so awesome.

You mean the one that's as fast as a comet, that makes you sick or perhaps, vomit?

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

You mean the one that's as fast as a comet, that makes you sick or perhaps, vomit?

It also take you to a zone, which may be dangerous.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

They put all of their terrible into Frisky Dingo.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

I liked the first season of Frisky Dingo. I don't know WTF happened the second season.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

what? frisky dingo is amazing.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I kind of thought they might be hinting at Lana being pregnant in this last episode. They were taking her being useless really far for it being nothing.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think it's just a little bit of role reversal. She's so consistently the most effective/normal person on the show that it's funny if she has a useless day

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I think it's just a little bit of role reversal. She's so consistently the most effective/normal person on the show that it's funny if she has a useless day

Also some foreshadowing, with her being useless and Cranston insisting that she come anyway.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Those make perfect sense. Particularly the foreshadowing one.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out whether Cranston said "and two back on the shuttle almost as good" was ignoring Mallory because she couldn't have more kids, or because it's funnier if he's purposely ignoring her.

Fencingsax wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out whether Cranston said "and two back on the shuttle almost as good" was ignoring Mallory because she couldn't have more kids, or because it's funnier if he's purposely ignoring her.

i was going to say you could have more, but you're all dried up down there.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

He specifically picked her to go on the mission though. which makes things kind of creepy. better a hole then no hole it sounds like. On the other hand, colonizing a planet with one woman......... yikes. I guess you can use the "they are crazy" excuse, but thats pretty unsustainable.

steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »

The easy guess would be "blowjob", but that doesn't really seem to fit the situation...

Whatever it is it's apparently something graphic or distasteful enough that Archer (!) doesn't want her to say it out loud. And none of the obvious things I could think of (blowjobs, bonings, etc) seem to fit that.

• MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    I loved archer trying o play catch by himself in the cargo hold this episode.

That was a reference to Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" where he bounces a baseball off of his cell wall.

midshipman.jpg
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Midshipman wrote: »
    Carpy wrote: »
    I loved archer trying o play catch by himself in the cargo hold this episode.

That was a reference to Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" where he bounces a baseball off of his cell wall.

It was total McQueen!

• see317see317 Registered User regular

Aren't they all essentially written by Adam Reed?

All the ones that make it through are.

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

He specifically picked her to go on the mission though. which makes things kind of creepy. better a hole then no hole it sounds like. On the other hand, colonizing a planet with one woman......... yikes. I guess you can use the "they are crazy" excuse, but thats pretty unsustainable.

I was wondering about the whole "International Space Agency" thing in Archer-times...the closest things I could think of were Interkosmos (I assume NASA organized similar things, I just don't know their name). Interkosmos included astronauts from Cuba, Mongolia, India, and Afghanistan--so, pretty varied group. Meanwhile, despite the mission commander's claims, it's entirely possible that all the astronauts that we've seen so far are Americans or at least from the Anglophone World.

Which makes sense. The mission commander's full of shit, and these sort of crazy recolonization efforts, like those Civil War soldiers who tried to resettle in South America, tend to be a unified, more homogeneous group, culturally, ethnically, etc., in the first place.

tl;dr--those astronauts are fucking crazy.

EDIT: Also, Lana wearing high heel boots instead of combat boots (which I'm pretty sure she wears on occasion) in space? Hilarious given her dilemma.

Synthesis on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Haha, Sealab reference. Pod 6 was jerks!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here