As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NCAA Tournament] Bracket Pool in OP

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i can't handle this
    i'm gonna have a heart attack

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    @dlinfiniti

bwahaha, congrats man

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    motherfuckin patriot league
    that just happened

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Yeeeeees I'll see you in hell Coach K. I'll see you in heeeeeeeell!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    512px-LehighMountainHawks.svg.png

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Well, at least we'll only be a small part of the narrative.

Go LIU-Brooklyn!

Also, could the hockey team please end this fucking Bowling Green cinderella run to the CCHA title?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Well, at least we'll only be a small part of the narrative.

Go LIU-Brooklyn!

Also, could the hockey team please end this fucking Bowling Green cinderella run to the CCHA title?

Don't flatter yourself. You'll be no part of the narrative of today.

CoH_infantry.jpg
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Did I not call the Duke thing? I believe I did!

Edit: I did not. I just said they weren't as good as a 2 seed.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Huh, my anime-picked bracket is somehow #1 in our pool.

Excellent :3

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I just got home from work.

What the hell just happened and why does my bracket have 17 stab wounds all of a sudden?

And why is it still tied for second place?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Gosling wrote: »
    I just got home from work.

What the hell just happened and why does my bracket have 17 stab wounds all of a sudden?

And why is it still tied for second place?

A lot of stabbings to go around.

• Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    So Syracuse is pretty clearly going to win this, but K-State hung around and hung around and hung around. The Orange keep more or less "escaping" games more than winning them.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ohio State offense leaves something to be desired.

CoH_infantry.jpg
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    Ohio State offense leaves something to be desired.

until the middle 15 minutes of the game, and the last 2 minutes of the game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    VCU :cry:

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Let's go Badgers! *clap cap clap-clap-clap*

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Veevee wrote: »
    Let's go Badgers! *clap cap clap-clap-clap*

Unfortunately they couldn't figure out the zone and that's all Syracuse runs. We don't see a lot of 2-3 in the Big Ten. Michigan runs it sometimes, Michigan and Northwestern run a 1-3-1 to varying degrees, but otherwise it's all man to man. Looked surprisingly clueless against it for a Bo Ryan team and got bailed out with some clutch shooting.

Also, god dammit, Michigan, you're the only Big Ten team to lose. Grrrrrr.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    So I tuned in to the Kentucky game right when it was 42-42.

Something like five minutes later it was 62-44.

Jesus Christ.

Hopefully they'll be this good for the rest of the tournament, although to be fair it looked like someone nailed a lid to Iowa State's basket for the last part of the second half.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    So I tuned in to the Kentucky game right when it was 42-42.

Something like five minutes later it was 62-44.

Jesus Christ.

Hopefully they'll be this good for the rest of the tournament, although to be fair it looked like someone nailed a lid to Iowa State's basket for the last part of the second half.

Considering the way we were throwing the game away at the end of the first half it wouldn't surprise me if we actually did nail a lid on the basket.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I'd be pretty psyched if Colorado beat Baylor. PAC-12 represent!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Visiblehowl, you're not allowed to watch anymore Kentucky basketball, preferably ever but I'll take the rest if this year instead.

And yeah the Badgers didn't do too well against the zone, but Ryan has a week to coach that into the players and as long as he doesn't tire the players our during practice like he has done in the past in this situation we will be fine.

I hope

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »
    Visiblehowl, you're not allowed to watch anymore Kentucky basketball, preferably ever but I'll take the rest if this year instead.

And yeah the Badgers didn't do too well against the zone, but Ryan has a week to coach that into the players and as long as he doesn't tire the players our during practice like he has done in the past in this situation we will be fine.

I hope

Not a chance.

If it makes you feel any better, whenever I physically attend a Final Four, whichever team I root for always loses, so if I manage to go this year...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I'd be pretty psyched if Colorado beat Baylor. PAC-12 represent!

Welp, guess not...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    Pretty exciting first couple days. MSU plays again tomorrow, should be a game we win (Saint Louis seems like a very similar team to Wisconsin, but less physical, so should be interesting). Disappointed that Kentucky and Syracuse haven't lost yet. Watching both of those teams play has been really really boring.

• Options
    yesssss
    it's almost time to face the xavier school for mutants
    exciting!

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Pretty exciting first couple days. MSU plays again tomorrow, should be a game we win (Saint Louis seems like a very similar team to Wisconsin, but less physical, so should be interesting). Disappointed that Kentucky and Syracuse haven't lost yet. Watching both of those teams play has been really really boring.

If y'all don't make it to the Final Four at this point, that's a huge disappointment. I thought Missouri could if they unleashed Pressey on Appling who I'm skeptical of, but now? Have fun until Kentucky, where you should lose but Izzo vs. Calipari is a major advantage.

• Options
    edited March 2012

If y'all don't make it to the Final Four at this point, that's a huge disappointment. I thought Missouri could if they unleashed Pressey on Appling who I'm skeptical of, but now? Have fun until Kentucky, where you should lose but Izzo vs. Calipari is a major advantage.

I'm not convinced Kentucky gets past Indiana next weekend. Kentucky's shots aren't always going to fall as easy as they did against ISU, and Indiana should be pretty fired up.

EDIT: Changed "are" to "aren't" because that's what I actually meant. Posting at 4 in the morning, generally a poor idea.

Squirrelmob on
  • Options

I'm not convinced Kentucky gets past Indiana next weekend. Kentucky's shots are always going to fall as easy as they did against ISU, and Indiana should be pretty fired up.

I'm definitely rooting for Indiana, as it represents Rosario+Vampire.

• Options

I'm not convinced Kentucky gets past Indiana next weekend. Kentucky's shots are always going to fall as easy as they did against ISU, and Indiana should be pretty fired up.

I dunno, I was ecstatic when I saw Indiana in our bracket on Selection Sunday. You wanna talk about fired up, the Kentucky players have seen that ESPN commercial showing the final 3 that beat them in Indiana over and over and over again all season. Every Kentucky fan wanted this game in the tournament, and I'm sure the players wanted it as well.

Indiana has looked better than I expected in this tournament, but Kentucky has clearly come to play. Obviously nothing is ever a "sure thing", but of all the teams we could have reasonably faced in Atlanta, Indiana is the one I'm most confident we'll beat.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    VCU :cry:

That game was heartbreaking. It really was

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    I have a problem.

I need to stop watching basketball so I can get some fucking work done I mean seriously.

CoH_infantry.jpg
  • Options
    yowza nc state

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Another regional bracket just exploded.

@SportsCenter: President Obama has NC State in the Sweet 16, and now his bracket sits in the 99.3 percentile.”

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind if MSU decided to pick up the pace and make Saint Louis uncomfortable here...

• Options
    edited March 2012
    OBAMA IS IN THE TOP ONE PERCENT

... of bracket accuracy right now.

Impressive.

edit: 3/8 of his bracket halves are perfect. bottom of Midwest, top of South, and top of East. and his bottom of East only has one mistake, which is now OBE.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
  • Options
    Too close State. Pull it together for Louisville next week.

• Options
    :( norfolk

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    :( norfolk

holy balls, 19-47 at the half against Florida.

CoH_infantry.jpg
  • Options
    who's ready for this shit
    Lehigh's brotherhood of mutants!

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!