As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Me, too. Like you really need the added stress, right? But your skin is all, "fuck you."

Speaking of faces, I have a new primer. It's green! It doesn't look green once you have it on, but so far it's doing a good job of toning down the redness in my skin and keeping my foundation on. It's Physicians Formula, but their website seems to be down.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    Smart Hero and I finally booked a wedding and reception venue this week! So that means after the next month or so, I won't be sampling any new beauty stuff. I don't want to start getting weird rashes or breaking out.

I did pickup some new makeup today at Ulta. They're doing their month of beauty stuff, so I got a Smashbox kit and a Stila kit.

I also got in my first month of Birchbox today. Because they were doing a special Teen Vogue box, I actually opened a second account to get that box also. More pleased with the special box over the stuff I got in the regular one.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I've always been tempted by green mineral powder! In fact, I should really look at more foundation stuff in general, especially now my skin is so bad.

Also I rediscovered a $200 prepaid debit card my boss had given me last year for some outside work I did for her. SWEET! Now I can order a few things without feeling guilty about spending money that should be going towards credit card/bills. :3

@Stareosarus, those are two awesome looking kits.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    In an extra fuck-you, apparently my skin is now super photosensitive :cry:

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    StareosarusStareosarus Mrs. Lady Smart Hero FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Whoops, I totally forgot.

Getting married here! The event album doesn't really show off the inside space. I still liked the Tuckahoe Mansion more, but my mother didn't like the flow, and Smart Hero sided with her (the traitor).

So, we rented the second floor! Going to do the ceremony downstairs by the dock and the party upstairs!

Stareosarus on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    just discovered H&M's online dressing room thing

gonna probably end up ordering a bunch of stuff after messing around with it

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    so in relation to fashion, my little brother just finished his second pair of studded chucks, this time in white and gold
    ae3HX.png

Saint on
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I can't decide if I think those are silly or awesome.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    So I've often joked with my girlfriend that she must have a couple hundred dresses.

I just counted 102.

In the secondary closet.

Not including the ones that we ran out of hangers for so they are neatly folded on the floor and on the board where hats should be stored (hats are instead stored on top of the dresser)

The main closet has two rows, just as packed as the one I just counted.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    one thing's for sure

past, present, nor future me could pull those off.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    For me part of the reason they are awesome is that they are kiiiiind of silly.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Do you guys have Uniqlo in Australia, Viv?

God I wish.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yesterday we were at the St. Patrick's Day festival and there was a Uniqlo next door, so when I got cold I just scampered over and bought a cute white jacket from them.

The point of the story is, god I love Uniqlo.

Also ahhhhhhh I just found these tights and I want to buy them sooo much.

E: Specifically the orange ones.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    @Ipsedixit that is craaaaaazy

I do not have that many clothes! Actually if I don't do laundry at least once a week I literally run out of clothes to wear.

Also, this preloaded debit card my boss gave me is registered to her name and address and can only be used online, not at an ATM or in a store requiring a pin. Ack! Where am I going to use it? I'm not sure etsy will allow me...

• Options
    @Lost Salient oh my god those tights are gorgeous!

• Options
    Can you use it to make a payment into your Paypal account, if you have one? Or swipe it as credit in-store? Pretty sure most places will let you do that.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    amazon maybe?

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Exactly. It's a statement piece. Much like my stupid re-laced hypebeast sneakers

InZAa.png

Saint on
  • Options
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Can you use it to make a payment into your Paypal account, if you have one? Or swipe it as credit in-store? Pretty sure most places will let you do that.
    I did log in to PayPal but didn't see a way to add it! That'd be ideal as I use PayPal for a lot.
    lostwords wrote: »
    amazon maybe?

Amazon will probably let me. I think just about everything I want right now is on etsy, though. ;)

• Options
    Yeah I hear you can get some awesome baby blankets on etsy

Video game ones even

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    I did log in to PayPal but didn't see a way to add it! That'd be ideal as I use PayPal for a lot.
    amazon maybe?

Amazon will probably let me. I think just about everything I want right now is on etsy, though. ;)

If you move your cursor over the "Profile" link when you log in, a menu pops up with an option to "Add or Edit Credit Card." You can add debit cards there, too, so unless they specifically don't take pre-loaded debit cards, it should work. You'll need the billing address, though.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    Yeah I hear you can get some awesome baby blankets on etsy

Video game ones even

If I was not broke as a joke right now my niece would own that blanket already. It is awesome.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    amazon maybe?

If you move your cursor over the "Profile" link when you log in, a menu pops up with an option to "Add or Edit Credit Card." You can add debit cards there, too, so unless they specifically don't take pre-loaded debit cards, it should work. You'll need the billing address, though.
    You are awesome! It did let me add it. I know the billing address, no problems there!

Now to try and buy something and see if it actually works (because I may run into an issue with the name on the card being my boss's... sigh, I wish she'd written me a check!)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Saint wrote: »

Exactly. It's a statement piece. Much like my stupid re-laced hypebeast sneakers

InZAa.png

Okay I also think these are pretty great, so either our tastes are mutually awful or mutually totally badass.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    amazon maybe?

You are awesome! It did let me add it. I know the billing address, no problems there!

Now to try and buy something and see if it actually works (because I may run into an issue with the name on the card being my boss's... sigh, I wish she'd written me a check!)

I think it'll still be fine so long as you have her billing address

And sometimes if the ship name and bill name aren't the same, some sellers will wait for payment to process before shipping. So it won't ship quite as quickly. Otherwise I can't imagine it being an issue.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I bought some concealer to cover up zits but it's too dark (I went for the lightest I could find!). I also noticed that I have dark circles under my eyes

I also bought mascara that makes my eyes look very feminine (and is very noticeable) so I'll only wear that on special occasions (but I gotta practice putting it on because I missed a few times)

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I feel your pain Keith, I spent ages trying to find a light concealer too! I've got the dark circles too. I use this,

http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/hide-blemish-concealer/

in Ivory but still find I need a light powder to keep the shade as light as possible.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    I bought some concealer to cover up zits but it's too dark (I went for the lightest I could find!). I also noticed that I have dark circles under my eyes

I also bought mascara that makes my eyes look very feminine (and is very noticeable) so I'll only wear that on special occasions (but I gotta practice putting it on because I missed a few times)

We did have a hell of a time putting it on you the last time you were here.

• Options
    WarbleWarble Registered User regular
    I know this is a really really dumb question but after washing with soap your skin is supposed to feel smooth, right? I'll run my hands over my skin and it'll kinda stick like it's rough and that's bad?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Depends on the soap

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I feel your pain Keith, I spent ages trying to find a light concealer too! I've got the dark circles too. I use this,

in Ivory but still find I need a light powder to keep the shade as light as possible.

It's especially frustrating for me since I have freckles. I'd have to do my entire face and people would know

I'll have to find a shade to match the freckles and then repaint them on

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

It's especially frustrating for me since I have freckles. I'd have to do my entire face and people would know

That sounds like too much work, I'd rather keep the zits.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Monday morning woke up at 6 am which is half an hour earlier than usual cuz I have an orientation program to attend at the hospital.

Woke up real groggy and sleepy. Hopped in the shower. Felt okay. Put on the BB Seaweed mask from Lush, which jerked me awake cuz it goes on cold. Washed it off, toner, moisturizer. MY FACE FEELS BEAUTIFUL HOORAY.

Nice start to the week, face.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    oooh I never thought of using the masks in the mornings! YOU'RE A GENIUS!

also I have just applied stone cold nail polish - I am now in love with matte finishes. this color looks so rock n roll

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hmmm I have a matte finish nail polish from OPI that I haven't worn yet. I'll give it a whirl tonight. :3

And yeah I do masks in the mornings mainly because it wakes me up like WHOA and plus my skin is super pretty for the day. I generally don't use makeup on those days though, mainly because of morning time constraints.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

That sounds like too much work, I'd rather keep the zits.

I gotta look fabulous though :(

• Options
    New post on how to care for your handmade soap!

http://soapthishelps.com

Also Viv the lady at Sally told me that OPI doesn't make that matte finish anymore and I was all :cry:

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Hard Candy has a matte finish topcoat out that seems like it would be ok? I'm not really into a matte look but that shiny/matte black french manicure looked pretty sweet, I just know I would never keep up with it. As it is I'm so rough on my nails that I've worn down the ends of the super tough thick gel coat and taken some of the polish underneath off just with wear and tear in less than two weeks :/

• Options
    @MadEddy

I managed to get all of the money off the prepaid card and into my paypal account! Thank you so much! :D

This discussion has been closed.