As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Formula1]

• s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    Gotta love the all McLaren front row! Not to mention Grosjean, Rosberg and the garbage performance from Ferrari. I've got a good feeling about this season! Also I can't wait to see if the Merc's new f-duct is all it's cracked up to be. Melbourne's got those two DRS zones now so we should get plenty of opportunity to see it at work.

• XrddXrdd Registered User regular
    The all-McLaren front row actually has me a bit concerned. I don't want to see a team dominating the entire season again. Hopefully, the Red Bull is better in the race than it was in qualifying - would be nice to see three teams in contention for the constructor's championship with Ferrari not being one of them.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »
    It always annoys me how difficult it is to find F1 coverage in the US.

SPEED channel. It is the only place to get F1 coverage, but it does the important shit (qualifying and the actual race) live plus a rebroadcast of the race itself at noon that sunday.

We don't get SPEED anymore. We used to but then they randomly changed it so it wasn't part of the basic sports package anymore. Bleh.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    That quali was kinda crazy: Grosjean and Schumacher on the second row of the grid, and Maldonado of all people in 8th. I'm a Vettel fan and I'm looking forward to this race; it should be really fun. Also, it's gonna be interesting to see how all the cars shape up over a race distance.

2LmjIWB.png
  • altidaltid Registered User regular
    I'm very impressed with how Mclaren prefomed in quali, here's hoping they can carry it over into the race proper.

It's great to see a good number of teams competing at the top. I certainly wasn't expecting Grosjean in P3. I reckon Merc might be a bit slower in the race though. If their qualifying pace was aided by the DRS-duct stuff, then they might lose a bit of speed in the race (mostly) without it.

Ferrari are absolutely woeful though. I don't really like Alonso, but he's too good to be languishing in midfield. Massa was just plain woeful. About a second slower than your teammate who has beached his car? I could see him getting dropped pretty sharpish if he doesn't get his act together.

Anyway, looks like a good race tomorrow!

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    I'm going to be pulling for Grosjean... would be a great comeback story. Impressed by Hamilton's lap though, was a thing of beauty.

• s7apsters7apster Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »
    I'm going to be pulling for Grosjean... would be a great comeback story. Impressed by Hamilton's lap though, was a thing of beauty.
    I thought Grosjean was a rookie...in what sense would it be a comeback story? I think that would apply more to Raikkonen.

• either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    Grosjean drove for Renault for the last 7 races of 2009 and had a pretty torrid time. It's good to see he got another chance, it can't be easy joining any team mid-season let alone one where Alonso will be your team mate.

steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053
  • Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    I'm really excited for a close race tomorrow (today I guess now). Although I don't like Alonso a hell of a lot, it'd be cool to see yet another driver being competitive near the front, so I'd quite like Ferrari to turn themselves around. Should be a fun season if the racing stays good and close.

2LmjIWB.png
    Those Ferrari's look terrible though. They have a long way to go before they get competitive.

• enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Live stream too much to hope for?

• ueanuean Registered User regular
    Ok, off to grab a case of beer and back in time for the race to start!

I'm so pumped for this.

Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    And the pre-race shit is starting, so excited for this to finally start

Edit: I'm hoping Kimmi can help out Lotus and they put in several podiums, and maybe a championship in the next couple years.

Veevee on
  • yotesyotes Registered User regular
    Let's first start off with Kimi remembering who he's driving for. Baby steps!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I believe term "Go big or go home" comes to mind

I can't wait for this... looking forward to it all day long. Like I said before, pulling for Grosjean, though I don't think he'll take it. Curious to see how Sauber does as well...

• SquirrelmobSquirrelmob Registered User regular
    I must say, the two "redemption" stories are pretty interesting this year. Grosjean and Hulkenberg can definitely both make waves (and DiResta is another young driver with a lot of potential). Could be an interesting year.

• Safety StickSafety Stick Registered User regular
    Why can't the aussie GP be a night race! :)

Looking forward to the start.

5075110276_cc4230e361.jpg
    My other sig sucks as well...
    Oh, poor Grosjean!

So much for the redemption story! Looks like Button is keen to get the No.1 McClaren slot early on

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I must say, the two "redemption" stories are pretty interesting this year. Grosjean and Hulkenberg can definitely both make waves (and DiResta is another young driver with a lot of potential). Could be an interesting year.

So much for redemption. :?

The McLarens are just GONE.

Gaslight on
    Yay replays. And the score remains...

Races won in the first corner: 0
    Races lost in the first corner: a billion

So, should Moldanado not get a penalty for the bump on Grosjean?

Why do I have to keep looking at Lenny Kravitz?

oldmanken wrote: »
    So, should Moldanado not get a penalty for the bump on Grosjean?

I'd say yes, Grosjean left space and Moldanado has ruined his day in return!

Was not expecting the McClaren to dominate so much early on. Long way to go though.

Talking about how well the Ferraris are doing getting to 6th and 8th place. What a world.

That radio message to Hamilton was interesting, that he was gaining so much time on the pack behind.

Oh, Schumacher messing up...

...or a broken car.

edited March 2012
    My favorite part of these SPEED telecasts will always be hearing them rage futilely at the heedless, far-off director.

Gaslight on
    edited March 2012
    DAT PITSTOP.

Schumacher. :(

Gaslight on
    In an ever-changing season, it's always nice to see that Massa is consistently entirely undeserving of his seat at Ferrari

GO GO GO KIMI!

Unlucky for Hamilton. Behind Perez is not where he wanted to come out.

I am tempted to root for McLaren just because they don't have the atrocious stepped noses.

edited March 2012
    Perez, as he stays out for yet another lap on shot tires as a 4-seconds-off-the-pace rolling chicane:
    trollface.jpg?1296494117

Gaslight on
    Safety car just made this a hell of a lot more interesting...

edited March 2012
    safety car, after mcClarens have pitted has got to be useful for them

guess not!

Safety Stick on
    edited March 2012
    Go Button!

Come on Hamilton, get Vettel!

Safety Stick on
    Wow, Button... 1 second faster in the first sector.

edited March 2012
    Ten laps to go!

Massa still sucks balls, even if it Senna's fault.

Great to see a competitive Williams this year

Safety Stick on