As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ah did naht hit her! Ah did naht! Oh, hai [Chat]!

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I tried Spotify Premium 'cuz there was a trial and having pretty much any song on my phone without having to use any space on the hard drive was awesome. Then I tried to subscribe and they wouldn't accept my debit card because who the fuck knows.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I tried Spotify Premium 'cuz there was a trial and having pretty much any song on my phone without having to use any space on the hard drive was awesome. Then I tried to subscribe and they wouldn't accept my debit card because who the fuck knows.

Had this happen a lot with reloadable debit cards. I don't have one attached to my xbox live sub, for exactly the same reason.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Thank you for spoilering ME2!!

I'm only like halfway through my first ever playthrough.

Miranda's loyalty mission:
    Fuck a Paragon Interrupt. That dude deserved to die.

Jacob's mission
    Alliance justice is cold, but it's what Jacob wants even if he doesn't know it.

Working on Mordin's now.

Also, [chat], we had the world's most sexist waiter at dinner this weekend. I was literally speechless at one point...

Wait, me? Because "the last ten seconds" is kind of a pretty specific labelling.

Also you made the right choices.

I did what you didn't in Mirandas this time around just to see what would happen
    He gets shot by the merc captain and Miranda is really upset about him just being shot by some Asari bitch.

So yeah, fuck that.

ftOqU21.png

aren't american debit cards kinda wierd

ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

aren't american debit cards kinda wierd

You can use them like debit or credit cards. The PIN is actually useless unless you need to withdraw money.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The "reloadable" ones not tied to a bank are different somehow. About 50% of gas pumps refuse them outside, meaning I have to g
    o in to pay for the gas. Also, the aforementioned xbox live will not take one.

spool32 on
  • mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    mindspork wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    can i take a language course 101 and just not let on that i am fluent

is this academic dishonesty if i am found out

maybe i wanted to revisit my basic grammar!

It's college. You're paying to take the course. As long as they get their money for the course and books, I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit.

You could always ask if there's a way to test out of it.

They tested me when I took Basic Latin, because my High School transcript said I took Latin. I told them my High School latin program was horrible, so they gave me a test. If I passed the test, I couldn't take basic latin, I would have to take intermediate, which was closed out.

How well do you think I did on that test?

Cornelia esse punta Romania.

Yeah, I guess if the requirements are 'you have to take X credit hours of language' they might care if you bullshit your way through it. If it's "You have to take at least x hours at x00 level or higher" then i don't think they'd care.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Does anyone want to recommend an app if I wanted to transition to using my phone as my primary mp3 player? I love my Zune, but it doesn't make sense to carry two devices around.

What phone?

If it's an android, use Amazon's cloud player. That's pretty much all you could ever need.

Yup, I'm a big fan of Amazon's cloud player. Not sure if they still do the free 20gb of data if you buy any album on Amazon but that's pretty cool. I think I got the mumford & sons album for $5 and got the 20gb of space, but they give you 2 or 5 for free anyway. Google's cloud player is supposed to be pretty sweet too if you want to throw you're stuff on google's cloud.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    good morning doggs

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

It's college. You're paying to take the course. As long as they get their money for the course and books, I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit.

They tested me when I took Basic Latin, because my High School transcript said I took Latin. I told them my High School latin program was horrible, so they gave me a test. If I passed the test, I couldn't take basic latin, I would have to take intermediate, which was closed out.

Yeah, I guess if the requirements are 'you have to take X credit hours of language' they might care if you bullshit your way through it. If it's "You have to take at least x hours at x00 level or higher" then i don't think they'd care.

It's the closest to "Academic Dishonesty" that I've ever come, but fuck them for not allowing me to just pass out of the class or take AP credits or something. If Ecce Romani books I & II are good enough to fulfill a language requirement and my high school made us translate the fucking Aeneid, just gimme the 3 credits, k?

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nobel Peace Prize winner and President of Liberia not terribly keen on gay folks. "We like ourselves just the way we are", was her comment. "Unless you're gay, in which case we don't like you very much" was the unspoken end of that sentence. Tony Blair, sitting right there while she was saying this, had that horrible half-grin/half suspecting he's just let one go and is about to be called on it expression on his face.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    good morning doggs

mornin' hog.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Favorite ME3 Multi class so far:
    asari vanguard

8->

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Does anyone want to recommend an app if I wanted to transition to using my phone as my primary mp3 player? I love my Zune, but it doesn't make sense to carry two devices around.

What phone?

If it's an android, use Amazon's cloud player. That's pretty much all you could ever need.

Yup, I'm a big fan of Amazon's cloud player. Not sure if they still do the free 20gb of data if you buy any album on Amazon but that's pretty cool. I think I got the mumford & sons album for $5 and got the 20gb of space, but they give you 2 or 5 for free anyway. Google's cloud player is supposed to be pretty sweet too if you want to throw you're stuff on google's cloud.

I am using an HTC Sensation.

Honestly, I'm looking to import my music to local storage and play from there, for a few reasons
    -Most of the stuff I listen to, I get for free (from artist promos, Archive.org, etc) so I don't really see the appeal of a subscription service.
    -I'd rather not have to rely on my wireless connection for music due to concerns about battery life and reliability.

I guess I'll just import my music (well, 32ish gigs of it anyway) and see how the stock media player works.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    The "reloadable" ones not tied to a bank are different somehow. About 50% of gas pumps refuse them outside, meaning I have to g
    o in to pay for the gas. Also, the aforementioned xbox live will not take one.

You should go to the site for whichever reloadable/gift one you use and set up an account, this will usually let you attach a billing address to the card, which is a lot of times what makes them not work right for online purchases and things like gas. I don't know if it's some kind of newfangled legal requirement, but every gas station I've seen recently always requires billing zip verification when you use credit, so if you use a visa/ mastercard reloadable or gift card that doesn't have a billing address attached to it, it fails. I got one a while ago and set everything up and I know I was able to buy games with it on steam, don't remember if I got gas.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

It's the closest to "Academic Dishonesty" that I've ever come, but fuck them for not allowing me to just pass out of the class or take AP credits or something. If Ecce Romani books I & II are good enough to fulfill a language requirement and my high school made us translate the fucking Aeneid, just gimme the 3 credits, k?

Ah, Ecce Romani.

Yo, Flavia. Let me holla at ya.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote:

used Rdio instead because it's better imho

better interface overall

same idea, same pricing structure

poo
    TehSloth wrote: »

What phone?

I am using an HTC Sensation.

Honestly, I'm looking to import my music to local storage and play from there, for a few reasons
    -Most of the stuff I listen to, I get for free (from artist promos, Archive.org, etc) so I don't really see the appeal of a subscription service.
    -I'd rather not have to rely on my wireless connection for music due to concerns about battery life and reliability.

I guess I'll just import my music (well, 32ish gigs of it anyway) and see how the stock media player works.

I know the amazon cloud player will work with your locally stored stuff, google one should too, although the stock player is probably good enough. One other nice thing about the cloud player is that if you happen to have a bunch of stuff on your cloud account and know you won't be able to access it you can download it to local storage through the app. That's usually what I do although I only have a couple gigs of space.

twitch.tv/tehsloth

Ah, Ecce Romani.

Flavia es un fossa cum Sextus, yo.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Ah, Ecce Romani.

Nothing beats the Cambridge Latin Course.

This is proved by Doctor Who.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Argh, i've been trying to assemble a new TV stand and it's just impossible. i flip through the pages and see i need help from a friend.

Fuck... My entire day is wasted right there, i can't build this shit up myself.

Man, fuck academic dishonesty in that case. You're not studying for anyone else's sake.

ftOqU21.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning dudes

919UOwT.png
    Argh, i've been trying to assemble a new TV stand and it's just impossible. i flip through the pages and see i need help from a friend.

go find some bricks or a big block of concrete instead

ftOqU21.png
    alternatively only buy "assembly required" furniture from IKEA

ftOqU21.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Thank you for spoilering ME2!!

I'm only like halfway through my first ever playthrough.

Miranda's loyalty mission:
    Fuck a Paragon Interrupt. That dude deserved to die.

Jacob's mission
    Alliance justice is cold, but it's what Jacob wants even if he doesn't know it.

Working on Mordin's now.

Also, [chat], we had the world's most sexist waiter at dinner this weekend. I was literally speechless at one point...

Wait, me? Because "the last ten seconds" is kind of a pretty specific labelling.

Also you made the right choices.

I did what you didn't in Mirandas this time around just to see what would happen
    He gets shot by the merc captain and Miranda is really upset about him just being shot by some Asari bitch.

So yeah, fuck that.

Yeah of all the paragon interrupts
    I never take that one. I just can't - that guy is such an unreserved asshole. The time to reconsider your actions was well before Shepard gets involved in the situation.

Speaking of ME2: get Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival. Play them after the main campaign in that order (they all fit better that way IMO).

Arrival fits best as the last thing. Overlord, eh. Shadow Broker, yes.

ftOqU21.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    official nyc snowfall this year 4.5 in, last year 61 in (1335% more snow last year)
    75 degrees in march
    i saw daffodils in the yard of my parents' neighbors
    in march

poo
    official nyc snowfall this year 4.5 in, last year 61 in (1335% more snow last year)
    75 degrees in march
    i saw daffodils in the yard of my parents' neighbors
    in march

It better be this nice the last weekend in April or so help me God.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Argh! that doesn't solve my problem with this piece of furniture i already purchased and removed from the box.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

When those things say that they require two people to assemble, that is not instruction or advice, but a challenge.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

The best part about building IKEA furniture is when the instructions are vague and you end up lodging something backwards into a piece of wood. The staff will always replace it for you, as they are fully aware of the weaknesses in the instructions. Really, they should just sort them out.

We had to go back three times when putting together the kitchen unit. Awareness that you will need to return means you can't really drink and make the furniture. Which is a shame.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Putting together wal-mart or ikea furniture is super easy. Sears + stuff requires some handyman skills sometimes to get everything to work right and do it in the proper order because the page shows you 8 steps at once instead of 1 like an ikea one would.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    BobCesca wrote: »

Ah, Ecce Romani.

Explaininate.

Man, fuck academic dishonesty in that case. You're not studying for anyone else's sake.

I really hope they don't retroactively take my degree away. NO ONE SAY ANYTHING, K?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    how was everyone's st pat's?

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular

Ah, Ecce Romani.

Explaininate.

The family in the Fires of Pompeii is the family from the Cambridge Latin Course.

When those things say that they require two people to assemble, that is not instruction or advice, but a challenge.

i failed that challenge and i don't want to buy the same piece of furniture again. Because if i keep trying, i will break so many things. i will break all the things.

Ah, Ecce Romani.

Explaininate.

The family in the Fires of Pompeii is the family from the Cambridge Latin Course.

This still makes little sense to me, but I can look it up from here. Thanks!

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Favorite ME3 Multi class so far:
    asari vanguard

8->
    I have the Turian Soldier. An M-76 Revenant and one attachment, which is the stabilizer.

Maxed out Turian skill (increases weapon damage, stability, headshot damage, etc) and the Marksman ability (increased rate of fire and yet more accuracy)

I fire laser beams of death. Mow through anything with a red health bar. The downside is that I'm kind of useless against the big bads. Still usually finish first though!

Psn:wazukki
This discussion has been closed.