As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shadowrun 4th Ed. IRC/Vent. No longer recruiting. Backup applications always accepted.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Okay okay I'm really sorry I haven't posted a character sheet yet! Before the weekend, I promise!

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I knew there at to be at least one other dumpshocker around here.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    There goes the neighborhood.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Alright folks. Couple of things.

If you haven't submitted a mythweavers character sheet, please go ahead and do that. If you can't, we'll work something out.

Also gonna ask ya'll to do a tiny bit of work. I'd like everyone to give me a few things. Namely :

A backstory. Doesn't need to be long, doesn't have to be short. Just give me an idea of who you are. Post them openly in the thread.

A goal. Same deal, post it openly.

A dirty secret. Something your character wouldn't want the rest of the group knowing. PM THIS.

A secret goal. Same as above. PM THIS.

A quick sum up of who your contacts are. Nothing lengthy, just make them actual connections, not just NPCs 1-4. Post openly in thread unless you feel something should be secret.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    Okay, okay, so I didn't get my character sheet done before the weekend...I just got a puppy the other day, you see, and she's been commanding most of my time. However, I GUARANTEE that I will finish up first thing this morning when I get home from work!

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Precocious pup prevents player preperation!

Photos and film at five.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I already put up my backstory.

Jack's goal? He wants to pay back the debt his coach owes, and he wants to be well-paid for doing what he does best: knocking heads together. For the time being, he doesn't have any long-term plans beyond that; life is simply too chaotic.

Contacts: his coach from college, Andrew Feldspar, to whom he remains close, and is the reason he's doing all this. Joann McGregor is a decent person; their relationship is mostly business, but she's cordial, as she sees more benefit in being pleasant to him than coldly ordering him around. Freddie's a stand-up kinda guy, and before Jack came along there wasn't really anyone he could really spar against—not a whole lot of trolls at that gym, and even fewer at their caliber of skill, so they got pretty close. Dr. Somers runs the gym partly for the money, but he's also subtly teaching them why to fight, not just how; he hasn't told them this, but he's slowly developing a widespread network of local muscle to keep neighborhoods safe, along with a few friends from med school. Jack's dad Kevin's not what you'd expect from the father of a troll: 5', 100 pounds, soft-spoken. He's devoted to his son, though, and gave up a lot to make sure Jack would be treated fairly and given what he needed, particularly when his wife Janet died when Jack was in middle school.

edited March 2012
    I'll try to get those to you later tonight. One of my co-writers is bugging me to get one of my chapters done for his chapter so I've been focused on that.

Crimsondude on
    Alright guys, after a long day of reconsideration, I figure it's best if I withdraw my submission for the immediate future. I tried three times today to sit down and finish character-building and had to care for the puppy instead each time. I figure you guys don't want to keep waiting on me during the actual game either.
    But I can be available as a backup in the future in the event you lose somebody! So feel free to hit me up in that event :)
    Good luck, guys!

• SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    I would still like to play, but this weekend I've been fighting dementia and insanity from an abscessed tooth. I've hardly had any sleep since Friday. Unfortunately, my dentist doesn't work on Friday's and the other options in town are butchers. I'll be getting this taken care of tomorrow and will finally be clear headed enough to give my character the thought required.

The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    Cunning Canine Crashes Character Creation!

Cool deal, Godmode. Your pup is adorable by the way. I'll keep you in the wings.

Sky, no prob. Others, I'm headed out and will back before 5/5:30. If you have steam, please add me. Talon Valdez. I'll contact you in some form or fashion when I'm back in.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sheet is uploaded to Mythweavers

Legwork time!

Backstory:
    Born "Samuel Harrod", Nails's immediate family included an ork mother, a human father, and a human older brother named Ed "Smiley" Harrod. Ed and Samuel were inseperable as children, with Ed's force of personality and Samuel's strength becoming defining features of their youth. The two watched out for each other often, but Ed the older brother, smarter and quicker to learn was clearly the dominant of the two, leaving Nails to often go along for the ride. The two joined gangs here or there, but usually small ones, unwilling to initiate into the large barrens gangs that dominated. Each of the gangs they had joined were eventually dissolved as they inevitibly clashed with larger gangs like I-5s and Halloweeners; the Harrods were too clever to involve themselves there.

Around the ages of fourteen and sixteen respectively, Samuel and Ed became founding members of a small go-gang by the name of The Winds (quickly changing to the Windlings). Close friends, survivors from other gangs that didn't join the mega-gangs, and a few recruited wrenchers became the core group. All fans of motorcycles, they knew they had to protect their expensive-looking vehicles from the locals. The Windlings avoided confrontation with the majority of street gangs, and payed tribute to the local ones, preferring the open roads and finding little interest in turfing anyway. They did claim a few highways and thoroughfares for their own, and had clashed with the Eye-fivers here and there, but their claims overlapped with gangs that didn't care who rode motorcycles through their streets, and the eye-fivers never held enough of a grudge to rub the gang out.

The Windlings stayed small, out of self preservation. Smiley was a natural leader, Samuel much less so. When Nails awoke, Ed decided that they had lucked into a powerful weapon. It wasn't until Mount Ranier called Nails that Nails found the focus to actually challenge those magical energies into anything more than terrifying dreams and the haunting of spirits. As the pair aged into their early twenties, career options were clearly becoming limited, which is when shadowrunning entered into the equation. Though most of the Windlings have stayed out of professional crime, a few members, including Nails, have discovered that their street contacts and urban survival are useful skills in the 2070s.

Goal:
    Nails wants to build up the cred of the Windlings, hoping that as one of the first Shadowrunners in the gang, he can slowly disseminate his experiences and turn a lower ranking gang into a group of elite professionals.

Edit: I'll be disappearing around 5:30est, but should be back around 7est. I hope that's ok.

piL on
    Psssh. It's not a PbP game if there aren't constant obstacles keeping people from posting. Trust me. I did this for over fifteen years.

But I understand.

Psssh. It's not a PbP game if there aren't constant obstacles keeping people from posting. Trust me. I did this for over fifteen years.

But I understand.
    This is a maptool game, not play-by-post. :D

Touche

And I'm back!

Hone in about 20 min or less. Ran long,

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Alright.

Vent is the PA Vent server. vent20.gameservers.com port is 4384 Username is Talonious, join whatever lobby I'm in.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    edited March 2012
    New markers!
    OrcMage01-2.jpg

piL on
    20120311_211503.jpg

We made our first foray into Shadowrun last night. Maptools failed us, so we went with a combination of Vent and the CF IRC channel.

Things we learned.

Jack, Krysten and Nails are really bad with computers. In fact, Jack and Nails might not even know what they are.

Never leave bodies unattended! Or just kill everyone.

Check the dumpster!

Being invisible does not make you sneaky.

Quote of the run. :

Krysten - "Don't you want Mr.Johnson? It was his idea! We can go get him, he's right there. It will literally take three minutes."

Jack - "No...That would give us a bad reputation."

Krysten - "Getting killed gets us a bad reputation! It gives us the WORST reputation!"

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    In my defense, I thought Shadowing would make me sneaky. Karma will fix it.

Good point!

Running shall commence at 5:30 cst. Same vent info as last time. We'll be sticking to IRC instead of maptools, as it worked pretty well last week. Good practice for our imaaaaaginaaaatiooon.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    We might start a bit late to make room for some folks scheduling, but if we have most everyone there at 5:30 that'd be swell.

@skycaptain @piL @crimsondude

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Sorry about being late, I got caught up in ME3.

Np. We called it off anywho. It would've just been you and Melding.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Shit, sorry :| I ended up getting stuck at an old friend's out of time and just got back.

I slept right through this today. Changing your sleeping habits is difficult after going to bed around 3pm for years.

Sorry. I got busy with other work.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    As long as it's not another Horizon related product, you can be forgiven ;)

Now accepting applications for shadowrunners. Again.

Alright folks. Couple of things.

If you haven't submitted a mythweavers character sheet, please go ahead and do that. If you can't, we'll work something out.

Also gonna ask ya'll to do a tiny bit of work. I'd like everyone to give me a few things. Namely :

A backstory. Doesn't need to be long, doesn't have to be short. Just give me an idea of who you are. Post them openly in the thread.

A goal. Same deal, post it openly.

A dirty secret. Something your character wouldn't want the rest of the group knowing. PM THIS.

A secret goal. Same as above. PM THIS.

A quick sum up of who your contacts are. Nothing lengthy, just make them actual connections, not just NPCs 1-4. Post openly in thread unless you feel something should be secret.

Reposting this.

A reminder that we will be playing at 5 or 5:30 cst this coming Sunday. Whichever time works best for the group.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    I knew there at to be at least one other dumpshocker around here.

Pffft, Dumpshock

Everyone knows Bulldrek is where the real fun times were had

• Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    I might be interested sometime Thelonious, if you would welcome my brand of general jackassery.

motherfuckingwar.png
    GONNA GET DICKBLASTED WITH MY FLECHETTE FIRING SHADOW PULSE SMG DOGG.

motherfuckingwar.png
    OH SHIT HE'S RUNNING UP THE WALLS, THROWING THE GRAVEL HIS NANO BOOTS ARE KICKING UP FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF TIME. YOU WERE DEAD BEFORE HE EVEN BEGAN TO CONCEIVE KILLING YOU.

motherfuckingwar.png
    "I bet you didn't see this coming"

He said with a smirk, as he flipped the nano aluminum plated trash can into the air, and turned it into a death blossom of shrapnel using only his fist, incinerating all those around him by sheer speed, as their blood, did the incinerating.

motherfuckingwar.png
    Okay I have to stop just stalling before I play more freedom fighters.

motherfuckingwar.png
    LIFE IS A BOX OF CHOCOLATES AND YOU ARE ABOUT TO GET FUCKED

RUNNING ACROSS THE CEILING THROWING KEVLAR KNIVES ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE

THE NANOBOTS WERE IN THE CEILING

motherfuckingwar.png