As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ah did naht hit her! Ah did naht! Oh, hai [Chat]!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    OOOFF
    “In light of the theatrical performance of John Carter ($184 million global box office), we expect the film to generate an operating loss of approximately $200 million during our second fiscal quarter ending March 31. As a result, our current expectation is that the Studio segment will have an operating loss of between $80 and $120 million for the second quarter."

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    what does the green line represent

US average of all states weighted by population.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    ignoring them listing my major incorrectly (and my degree type, the incompetent fuckers):

watstatus.png

i think this means i am officially a college student and can now register classes!

Commence the liberal indoctrination!

if your Math 101 says "Prof. Harbinger" I recommend skipping.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    what does the green line represent

I'm assuming it's an average of some sort, and they just stopped the graph at that point, since there's only about half of the states listed on there and probably a few more countries.

I BET IT IS THE AVERAGE FOR LIZARD PEOPLE

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    OOOFF
    “In light of the theatrical performance of John Carter ($184 million global box office), we expect the film to generate an operating loss of approximately $200 million during our second fiscal quarter ending March 31. As a result, our current expectation is that the Studio segment will have an operating loss of between $80 and $120 million for the second quarter."

The ads made the movie look like a piece of shit. It looked like something I had zero interest in seeing.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Sweet! and its going to be on Steam!
    SEGA has just announced Binary Domain for our beloved platform PC. The publisher does not reveal any details regarding release date but it is expected to come out in April 2012.

SEGA also announced that Binary Domain for PC will be available via both retail and digital stores. Internet connection is a must to activate the game.

Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Sega said, "As well as the excitement generated by Binary Domain in the console press we were seeing increasing numbers of players asking for a PC version. So we listened and we delivered."

You can check out the official PC Box Art of Binary Domain below.
    binary-domain-box-art-pc.jpg

and for those not in the know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV0D0lk0qDY

there's a warning that it contains strong science?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    OOOFF

The ads made the movie look like a piece of shit. It looked like something I had zero interest in seeing.

The advertising for it was terrible. Movie was a lot of fun. It should have done better.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    The ads made it look so awful and hackneyed... I mean, I know ads can be misleading, but sheesh.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    shobi80 wrote:
    Hi , i am male 31, sound health , never smoke , never drink
    A+ blood group
    really want to sell my one kidney
    This is serious and genuine request , so pls serious people contact with me
    thanks

<SPAM EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED>

Don't do this. The loss of redundant renal function is not worth whatever you want to buy!

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    hahaha what the fuck

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    here i am

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    here i am

rock you like a hurricay-EEN

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    best post ever

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    The ads made it look so awful and hackneyed... I mean, I know ads can be misleading, but sheesh.

It looked like the dumbest, most generic fantasy thing ever.

When I saw it was actually scifi, I knew something odd was going on with the marketing.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    What is this I don't even.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    OOOFF

The advertising for it was terrible. Movie was a lot of fun. It should have done better.

Yeah, John Carter was a pretty good film.

I dunno about $200 million production budget good, but pretty good.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

When I saw it was actually scifi, I knew something odd was going on with the marketing.

Well, that's part of the problem with adapting a property as old as John Carter.

The original books have inspired so much sf and fantasy that they come across as cliche'd.

It's generic in the same way that Lord of the Rings is generic.

(Referring to the books here, I haven't seen the movie yet.)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Flash Duel seems like it's super random. Like, there was no possible way to win that first round because I could not get an attack off against an opponent with better cards.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m04zrmJ7Tm1r3b85to1_500.jpg

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    here i am

rock you like a hurricay-EEN

YESSSSS \m/

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    DK, quoting spam posts is a serious pain in the ass for the mods. You should really edit that.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Dear sir,

I am very interested in purchasing aforementioned organ. As the vice president of the National Bank of Nigeria, it is my duty to procure only the finest organs. Unfortunately, I am under duress from a political situation and could use your help. I will send you the full payment of the kidney, plus an additional sum, of which I will need you to forward to my agent in the Cayman Islands...

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I could use a spare kidney...

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    *Quote edited out per Than's request*

Brb, heading to the liquor store for a nice chianti!
    Then, I'll head the bank and Whole Foods.
    Don't go anywhere.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    OOOFF

the ads were terrible then

it was great

you should see it

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

There was some Disney exec who said this was going to happen. They let focus testing determine the marketing and it ended up with no clear market target. He pretty much said "marketing dept fucked this movie"

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man, Microsoft sure does like to make it more and more difficult to set Google as the default search provider in IE. Not that it would matter, except I rebuild a lot of systems.
    Seriously! They keep hiding it more and more. Google needs to create a "click here to set Google as your default search provider, stop things from changing it, and delete Bing from your possible selections" link on their home page.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I kind of want a kidney. not to use it or anything.

i just want it there

in the night

as a sort of "fleshlight" device

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    shobi80 wrote: »

Don't do this. The loss of redundant renal function is not worth whatever you want to buy!

Privilege

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options

Flash Duel seems like it's super random. Like, there was no possible way to win that first round because I could not get an attack off against an opponent with better cards.

I disagree, there were a lot of different ways you could have played that match. That's all I can really say given that I have knowledge of all the cards though.

• Options
    This should start some fights:

percentage-reading-proficiency-2011-oped-pepg.jpg
    I was looking for Mississippi on there, before I realized that it doesn't go anywhere near low enough for Mississippi to be on there.

• Options
    @Shobi80, can you please come back and talk to us about your job as a spammer and explain that hysterical spam hook?

What do you do with the addresses when concerned people email you? Are there real buyers? Is this an actual marketing outlet for black market organs?

I have so many questions!!

• Options
    Spectre: That can't be real.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

1) Why would somebody put that on YouTube? "I'm going to embarrass my wife in front of the entire Internet! 15 minutes of fame is worth sleeping on the couch for 10 years!"

2) Dude, put down the camera and drive.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Me so jih knee

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Me sah dzhih knee

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I watched a few videos on his youtube page.

It doesn't seem like he's one to stage a video for the internets.

It's mainly local MMA and a few other things.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Woo ster

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Thanatos wrote: »
    DK, quoting spam posts is a serious pain in the ass for the mods. You should really edit that.

Sorry mods. I edited out the spam email address and the linking post. The content is too funny to have vanish though!

Donkey Kong on
This discussion has been closed.