As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ter than Shepard

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
(Warning: contains a few spoilers from the first two games, nothing from the third, though)

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56l8dWqgags

Thanatos on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    And yes, before anyone asks, I am an addict, and kind of obsessed at the moment. :bz

Thanatos on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i've started playing the first game.

The Masses are alright, but the effects are, eh... they're ok, i guess.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That girl is dumb at math.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    And yes, before anyone asks, I am an addict, and kind of obsessed at the moment. :bz

It's okay. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Thanatos wrote: »
    It's okay. The first step is admitting you have a problem.
    The only problem I have is that I'm not at home playing Mass Effect right now.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

pc or 360?

Cause there is quite a big difference in graphics and playability (esp. load time) between the two. There was quite a gap in time between the 360 and PC releases and they improved it a lot.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    @mrflippy If you don't use those coupons, doesn't that just mean that the website gets to keep your dad's money for nothing?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

pc or 360?

Cause there is quite a big difference in graphics and playability (esp. load time) between the two. There was quite a gap in time between the 360 and PC releases and they improved it a lot.

I'm on the PC, don't have an eggs box.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    shepherd.jpg
    Shepherd.jpg
    calicocowshepherdspie.jpg

_J_ wrote: »

I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    shepherd.jpg
    Shepherd.jpg
    calicocowshepherdspie.jpg

I like one of those things.

Assuming the 3rd image is Shepard's Pie.

I'm not really sure what Jesus Minuteman Pizza has to do with this thread.

• mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular

I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

He's not asking how long it takes to get from point A to a location that is, by straight line measurement, 80 miles away while traveling at 80 miles an hour.

He's asking how long it will take to travel 80 miles at 80 miles per hour.

If a road is curved, you count the distance of the curve. Hills are the same way.

If your odometer is at 0 miles, and you are traveling at 80 miles per hour, how long will it take to get the odometer to 80 miles?

• CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular

However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

工事中
    Cokebotle wrote: »

However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

And that a truck moving at 80 mph is going slower than a car moving at 80 mph, because trucks are heavier.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

He's not asking how long it takes to get from point A to a location that is, by straight line measurement, 80 miles away while traveling at 80 miles an hour.

He's asking how long it will take to travel 80 miles at 80 miles per hour.

If a road is curved, you count the distance of the curve. Hills are the same way.

If your odometer is at 0 miles, and you are traveling at 80 miles per hour, how long will it take to get the odometer to 80 miles?

12 parsecs.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

exactly she was trying to correct for that by factoring in wheelspin and possible slippage due to nonuniform road surface and subtle differences in friction
    also in the event that they ran out of gas, and she would be responsible for moving the car at 80mph under her own power in which she also had to consider her optimal mile time
    it is a very complicated question this guy was asking and she was just trying to cover her bases

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Mexican drug cartel names are sounding more and more odd.

..."Correspondents say La Familia and the Knights Templar, a rival cartel, are fighting for control of the drugs trade in Guerrero state."

A present day Assassin's Creed game is writing itself down there.

And that a truck moving at 80 mph is going slower than a car moving at 80 mph, because trucks are heavier.

That's untrue. A truck moving at 80 mph is going at the exact same speed as a car moving at 80 mph.

What IS a mile really anyway?

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

That's untrue. A truck moving at 80 mph is going at the exact same speed as a car moving at 80 mph.
    Yup.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    that video
    my god

poo
    I feel bad for that girl. We all have some really durmb idear about how something works.

Right. But that's something she said in the video.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular

Yup.

Not true. That's like saying a pound of cotton weighs the same as a pound of iron. Everyone knows that cotton is lighter than iron!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I feel bad for that girl. We all have some really durmb idear about how something works.

I'm hoping that it's performance art.

Mexican drug cartel names are sounding more and more odd.

..."Correspondents say La Familia and the Knights Templar, a rival cartel, are fighting for control of the drugs trade in Guerrero state."

A present day Assassin's Creed game is writing itself down there.

The Los Carnales.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Thanks guys

Also I refuse to believe that video is real until I see the divorce papers

I also feel bad because while the dark arts of quantum make perfect sense to me, basic kinetics and rate laws confuse me so much.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I have to say, I didn't think I would be into True Blood

But four seasons in, and I am really enjoying what it is doing

I didn't watch the video, but I assure you she's right and you're all being meanie poop heads.

(now that I've defended her, she's obligated to find me and sleep with me, right?)

I'm hoping that it's performance art.

Especially since her husband uploaded it to YouTube for all to see.

工事中
    edited March 2012
    I didn't watch the video, but I assure you she's right and you're all being meanie poop heads.

(now that I've defended her, she's obligated to find me and sleep with me, right?)

http://youtu.be/Qhm7-LEBznk

_J_ on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Would you say you were sucked into the drama?

edited March 2012

Your pun is making me rather vampire.

Did I do it right?

Solomaxwell6 on

I keep hearing it's great, but I just couldn't get into it. And I finished season 1.

工事中
    Is there a PA thread for The Killing?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular

Your pun is making me rather vampire.

Did I do it right?

There wasn't much at stake.

But your post was the final nail in the coffin.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I'd watch True Blood if they edited out all the bullshit and just had a T'nA montage.

This discussion has been closed.