As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ter than Shepard

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
(Warning: contains a few spoilers from the first two games, nothing from the third, though)

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard:

Thanatos on
«13456797

Posts

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    And yes, before anyone asks, I am an addict, and kind of obsessed at the moment. :bz

    Thanatos on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i've started playing the first game.

    The Masses are alright, but the effects are, eh... they're ok, i guess.

  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That girl is dumb at math.

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    And yes, before anyone asks, I am an addict, and kind of obsessed at the moment. :bz

    It's okay. The first step is admitting you have a problem.

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    And yes, before anyone asks, I am an addict, and kind of obsessed at the moment. :bz
    It's okay. The first step is admitting you have a problem.
    The only problem I have is that I'm not at home playing Mass Effect right now.

  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    i've started playing the first game.

    The Masses are alright, but the effects are, eh... they're ok, i guess.

    pc or 360?

    Cause there is quite a big difference in graphics and playability (esp. load time) between the two. There was quite a gap in time between the 360 and PC releases and they improved it a lot.

    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @mrflippy If you don't use those coupons, doesn't that just mean that the website gets to keep your dad's money for nothing?

  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i've started playing the first game.

    The Masses are alright, but the effects are, eh... they're ok, i guess.

    pc or 360?

    Cause there is quite a big difference in graphics and playability (esp. load time) between the two. There was quite a gap in time between the 360 and PC releases and they improved it a lot.

    I'm on the PC, don't have an eggs box.

  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    shepherd.jpg
    Shepherd.jpg
    calicocowshepherdspie.jpg

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    shepherd.jpg
    Shepherd.jpg
    calicocowshepherdspie.jpg

    I like one of those things.

    Assuming the 3rd image is Shepard's Pie.

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I'm not really sure what Jesus Minuteman Pizza has to do with this thread.

  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    He's not asking how long it takes to get from point A to a location that is, by straight line measurement, 80 miles away while traveling at 80 miles an hour.

    He's asking how long it will take to travel 80 miles at 80 miles per hour.

    If a road is curved, you count the distance of the curve. Hills are the same way.

    If your odometer is at 0 miles, and you are traveling at 80 miles per hour, how long will it take to get the odometer to 80 miles?

  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

    工事中
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

    And that a truck moving at 80 mph is going slower than a car moving at 80 mph, because trucks are heavier.

  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    He's not asking how long it takes to get from point A to a location that is, by straight line measurement, 80 miles away while traveling at 80 miles an hour.

    He's asking how long it will take to travel 80 miles at 80 miles per hour.

    If a road is curved, you count the distance of the curve. Hills are the same way.

    If your odometer is at 0 miles, and you are traveling at 80 miles per hour, how long will it take to get the odometer to 80 miles?

    12 parsecs.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    exactly she was trying to correct for that by factoring in wheelspin and possible slippage due to nonuniform road surface and subtle differences in friction
    also in the event that they ran out of gas, and she would be responsible for moving the car at 80mph under her own power in which she also had to consider her optimal mile time
    it is a very complicated question this guy was asking and she was just trying to cover her bases

    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Mexican drug cartel names are sounding more and more odd.

    ..."Correspondents say La Familia and the Knights Templar, a rival cartel, are fighting for control of the drugs trade in Guerrero state."

    A present day Assassin's Creed game is writing itself down there.

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

    And that a truck moving at 80 mph is going slower than a car moving at 80 mph, because trucks are heavier.

    That's untrue. A truck moving at 80 mph is going at the exact same speed as a car moving at 80 mph.

  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    What IS a mile really anyway?

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

    And that a truck moving at 80 mph is going slower than a car moving at 80 mph, because trucks are heavier.

    That's untrue. A truck moving at 80 mph is going at the exact same speed as a car moving at 80 mph.
    Yup.

  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    that video
    my god

    poo
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I feel bad for that girl. We all have some really durmb idear about how something works.

  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

    And that a truck moving at 80 mph is going slower than a car moving at 80 mph, because trucks are heavier.

    That's untrue. A truck moving at 80 mph is going at the exact same speed as a car moving at 80 mph.

    Right. But that's something she said in the video.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    That girl is dumb at math.

    I disagree. When you're talking about distance, you're usually assuming a flat path. But we're talking about hilly country, 80 miles at 80mph might be well over an hour. If you're using a geodesic distance, curves in the road would add to that, too.

    However valid, she still started out by talking about how fast she can run a mile.

    And that a truck moving at 80 mph is going slower than a car moving at 80 mph, because trucks are heavier.

    That's untrue. A truck moving at 80 mph is going at the exact same speed as a car moving at 80 mph.
    Yup.

    Not true. That's like saying a pound of cotton weighs the same as a pound of iron. Everyone knows that cotton is lighter than iron!

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I feel bad for that girl. We all have some really durmb idear about how something works.

    I'm hoping that it's performance art.

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Mexican drug cartel names are sounding more and more odd.

    ..."Correspondents say La Familia and the Knights Templar, a rival cartel, are fighting for control of the drugs trade in Guerrero state."

    A present day Assassin's Creed game is writing itself down there.

    The Los Carnales.

  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Thanks guys

    Also I refuse to believe that video is real until I see the divorce papers

  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I also feel bad because while the dark arts of quantum make perfect sense to me, basic kinetics and rate laws confuse me so much.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I have to say, I didn't think I would be into True Blood

    But four seasons in, and I am really enjoying what it is doing

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I didn't watch the video, but I assure you she's right and you're all being meanie poop heads.

    (now that I've defended her, she's obligated to find me and sleep with me, right?)

  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    I feel bad for that girl. We all have some really durmb idear about how something works.

    I'm hoping that it's performance art.

    Especially since her husband uploaded it to YouTube for all to see.

    工事中
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2012
    I didn't watch the video, but I assure you she's right and you're all being meanie poop heads.

    (now that I've defended her, she's obligated to find me and sleep with me, right?)

    _J_ on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I have to say, I didn't think I would be into True Blood

    But four seasons in, and I am really enjoying what it is doing

    Would you say you were sucked into the drama?

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    emnmnme wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I have to say, I didn't think I would be into True Blood

    But four seasons in, and I am really enjoying what it is doing

    Would you say you were sucked into the drama?

    Your pun is making me rather vampire.

    Did I do it right?

    Solomaxwell6 on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I have to say, I didn't think I would be into True Blood

    But four seasons in, and I am really enjoying what it is doing

    I keep hearing it's great, but I just couldn't get into it. And I finished season 1.

    工事中
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Is there a PA thread for The Killing?

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I have to say, I didn't think I would be into True Blood

    But four seasons in, and I am really enjoying what it is doing

    Would you say you were sucked into the drama?

    Your pun is making me rather vampire.

    Did I do it right?

    There wasn't much at stake.

    But your post was the final nail in the coffin.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I'd watch True Blood if they edited out all the bullshit and just had a T'nA montage.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.