As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The School Thread and You, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Add/Drop

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Tox wrote: »
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    i need to write a poem in japanese for extra credit

it can be a haiku or free verse

Round and Grand
    Luscious and Fertile
    Your Mother

But that is not a
    fucking haiku HellaJeff
    you're a silly goose

5-7-5 works differently in Japanese, and 3-5-3 maintains a rise and fall pattern
    :p

HellaJeff on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    You are a terrific artist! I hope that you are continuing on within the art department. Your strength is your passion, make sure you are always working on things that you are excited about. You have an incredible work ethic even though you are very modest about it. As long as you have that and your sense of humor you will be quite successful here at the U of O. It was a pleasure having you as a student. Terrific fucking job this term!

The last bit of the half-page of feedback I got from my studio course this term. Day: made.

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    lmao at that last sentence coming from a professor

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Art professors don't give a FUCK

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    88 on my research paper

meh

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Grading final exams.

One student has drawn ninjas in it.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Did you give him an A?

Unfortunately, the exam did not call for drawing ninjas.

Tis a shame

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Kind of a bullshit exam

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    General chemistry is a pretty bullshit class.

Baidol wrote: »

"hey this is what an atom looks like"

*a few units later*

"hey that was all lies this is what an atom looks like"

*a few units later*

"okay that was also not really true at all, this is what an atom probably looks like who fucking knows"

We do not really know what we are doing, no.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    We do not really know what we are doing, no.

It's okay, none of the good sciences really have a clue what they're studying

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Medical: here take this, it shouldn't kill you, unless it does. If it does, let us know.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular

*a few units later*

*a few units later*

"okay that was also not really true at all, this is what an atom probably looks like who fucking knows"

This caused so much confusion in high school. The students got upset and started arguing with the teachers, "You lied to us". And they really needed clarification because they had trouble tossing out the old atomic model they'd learned. Quite similar happened when they taught us about the square root of negative 1.

I don't know how to feel about my finals. Not good mostly. My dance professor's study guide turned out to not be a help at all, it really helped that I already knew some of the material before entering the class because UGH. Art History kind of sucked, I nearly ran out of time to write my shitty essay and following the professor's advice had not helped at all and made me study for things that didn't show up. Generally I don't think I would care too much about the final grades but . . . I plan on transferring so I really need to get good grades. I'd still be able to get in somewhere but that doesn't really help.

:(

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    went in to talk to the professor, got it raised to a B which I am cool with

ugh when is spring break though

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*

*a few units later*

*a few units later*

This caused so much confusion in high school. The students got upset and started arguing with the teachers, "You lied to us". And they really needed clarification because they had trouble tossing out the old atomic model they'd learned. Quite similar happened when they taught us about the square root of negative 1.

I don't know how to feel about my finals. Not good mostly. My dance professor's study guide turned out to not be a help at all, it really helped that I already knew some of the material before entering the class because UGH. Art History kind of sucked, I nearly ran out of time to write my shitty essay and following the professor's advice had not helped at all and made me study for things that didn't show up. Generally I don't think I would care too much about the final grades but . . . I plan on transferring so I really need to get good grades. I'd still be able to get in somewhere but that doesn't really help.

:(

my teachers have always been super up front about it

"this is a model and it is useful for this reasons in these circumstances, i'll let you know when we stop using it. okay? okay."

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Hng. Just discovered that I accidentally read a condensed version of what I need for my literature class tomorrow, not the hundred or so page version I needed to be spending the last couple nights on. Time for Wikipedia!

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
    edited March 2012
    Last test in 2 hours, wooo

Totally not concerned because if I get anywhere around the mean, my grade won't fluctuate on this scale at all. This is the curve for the class after the last test, including all homework:

ux4sf.png

e: at the time, 350 was the max amount of points available, it bumps to 500 after the final.

George Fornby Grill on
    The only bad thing about the nice weather we are having is that the awful buskers are out in full force at my bus stop

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I would like this class better if the professor's tangents were a little less condescending. Also boring.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Well, got a 70 (out of 100) on my logic exam, which was one correct problem below the class average. Screwed up on a few that became obvious as soon as I looked at it with a fresh pair of eyes, but I guess that's how it works. Huuuuge grade spread though, which he said was unusual from the few As and Ds and below that usually crops up-- a few As, couple Bs and Cs, and one poor bastard managed to score a 12.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    got my grades for the quarter:

3.9 in early english novels
    3.5 in intermediate fiction
    3.2 in 19th century american history

completely satisfied with english and history, the fiction grade stings a little though

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So I'm in my final stretch of my student teaching. The second half of my second semester of student teaching in fact. My degree will be in secondary education with teaching endorsements in history and library media. The library media endorsement is k-12 so this last semester has to be split between secondary and elementary. I started the elementary part last week. I have no clue what I'm doing since I've not had a single early childhood class. I had a little girl almost start crying yesterday because her partner wouldn't let her type on the iPad.

May 5th I graduate. I need to start applying for jobs.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

No more labs for the year

Wooo

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    C on my dance final, d'oh! But I got a B in the class so whatever.

And I think I rocked my ethics final so maybe my quarter won't have been so bad.

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Looks like I finally found that mandatory science credit I was looking for.

This means I'll most likely be a Bachelor of Art History as of mid-june.

Thank you, thank you.

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    WHY DOES MY DORM HAVE NO AIR CONDITIONING

WHY IS THE HEAT STILL ON WITH 80 DEGREE WEATHER OUTSIDE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WHY DOES MY DORM HAVE NO AIR CONDITIONING

WHY IS THE HEAT STILL ON WITH 80 DEGREE WEATHER OUTSIDE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Freshman year, my dorm had two heat settings. On, and off.

Windows were open year-round to dissipate the heat.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    so school thread,

through chemistry class I found out about the most adorable thing

nanoputians!

220px-Nanokid_acsv.svg.png

Molecules that look like people!

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    oh my gosh

oh you think that's all?

With a variety of chemical reactions

You can give them hats!
    the-nanoputians.png

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    aaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaa

so cute

they were created specifically to teach kids about the awesomeness of chemistry

basically

THEY ARE THE BEST

so whimsical

I have a newfound respect for chemists

I bet that paper was published in JACS, because it has the word "nano" in it.

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Going to an honours english degree info session tomorrow afternoon. Prof told our class if we've received an A grade on a 4th-year course paper than we should probably give it some thought. Since I have indeed received an A grade on such a paper (two, in fact) I figure it would be worth a shot to see what the deal is.

ahahahahahahh that chem thing is amazing

• AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    oh my god

it's the critters from nestbound!

Zeal031.png

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
This discussion has been closed.