As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    tsk, I'm definitely gonna need a matte topcoat

this shit chips if I look at it wrong

kQwcZLJ.png
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Janson wrote: »
    MadEddy wrote: »
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Can you use it to make a payment into your Paypal account, if you have one? Or swipe it as credit in-store? Pretty sure most places will let you do that.
    I did log in to PayPal but didn't see a way to add it! That'd be ideal as I use PayPal for a lot.
    lostwords wrote: »
    amazon maybe?

Amazon will probably let me. I think just about everything I want right now is on etsy, though. ;)

If you move your cursor over the "Profile" link when you log in, a menu pops up with an option to "Add or Edit Credit Card." You can add debit cards there, too, so unless they specifically don't take pre-loaded debit cards, it should work. You'll need the billing address, though.
    You are awesome! It did let me add it. I know the billing address, no problems there!

Now to try and buy something and see if it actually works (because I may run into an issue with the name on the card being my boss's... sigh, I wish she'd written me a check!)

Glad it worked!

By the way, if anyone was wanting some Borghese nail polish, or new polish in general, I guess, my local Rite-Aid had all of them marked down to $2 on clearance, so you might check there.

Edit: By "check there" I mean Rite-Aid generally, not my local one specifically. Unless we're neighbors or something.

MadEddy on
    ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    ladies if you are in the market for new mineral makeup, check out: http://www.etsy.com/shop/pinkquartzminerals?ref=pr_shop_more

she gets astoundingly good reviews and yes you have to do some shade-matching first (which is what I'm in the process of doing), but her products are super affordable, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and vegan!

plus with all the great reviews she's gotten I figured I might give it a shot

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Ooh, more mineral make-up!

I love it when they have a model and tell you what she's wearing. It's how I decided to buy the eyeshadows from the shop I did. I can copy the looks I see, but when I try to make up my own it can go disastrously wrong! I tried to do blue eyes by myself the other day and, bleh, mangled the attempt.

I know you ladies like NYX eyeshadow; are there any of their other products that are particularly good? I have to use this voucher by tomorrow!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    the NYX colors I use most are Flamingo, Red Bean Pie, Morocco, and Silver

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    uh oh, found another one, ladies and gents! ickadybag

kQwcZLJ.png
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    my friends and I did a giant clothes-swap and now i have new-old clothes, which is awesome. And today I'm getting a haircut!

so girly.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    My bangs finally hang down in my eyes again while riding my bike, first time since my last haircut. Swoon @ myself.

Kate you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

my wallet is going to slap you in the face

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Haircut achieved. I feel like a real person again, instead of a fraggle held in check by a headband.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Oh dear I don't need to buy more bags, I haven't even got my order in with the other place!

tynic wrote: »
    my friends and I did a giant clothes-swap and now i have new-old clothes, which is awesome. And today I'm getting a haircut!

so girly.

Woo! :D

I wish I had any friends anywhere near my size to clothes-swap with. ;)

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    20_queenie_g_k_A11.jpg

Nice hat, Ma'am!

I would like to see HM's hat collection

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Me too, she has some great ones!

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    pooka wrote: »
    i picked up some matte top coat yesterdy, but boyfriend says i should wait to change my nail color; it's not quite the light grey i'm picturing, but i am still admiring the Sally Hansen Wet Cement i've got. definitely needs some base or top coat, though -- tipwear and peeling already.

any preferences on those?

Please go here and use the email address to send your jersey information.

BLM - ACAB
    Oh god is my hair ever looking ratty

Hm, do I just trim it myself or actually try and book an appointment somewhere
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Thanks! I shall have a look at those. I was wondering about what products other than their eyeshadows people have tried and liked - I do need primer and it might be fun to get more cheek/lip options. :)

• CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Does there exist a man's hat that can be worn whilst said man also has a considerable length of hair that he does not want to remove?

I have a small selection of trilby type hats with narrow and large rims, but I think wearing a hat over my long hair looks terrrrrible. These hats are hence useless to me. I can provide an example picture of myself (and my ususal attire) to ease the answering of my question, if needed.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I like NYX's nailpolishes. Mostly I stick to their single eyeshadows though. Here are some I like:

Neutrals:
    Sahara (cool highlight color)
    Champagne (my perfect lid color, use this the most)

Browns:
    Chocolate (dark matte brown, use this a lot for crease and outer-v)
    Suede (cool brown with slight sheen)
    Iced Mocha (absolutely beautiful brown with silver and gold shimmer, highly recommend)
    Deep Bronze (warmer than suede with soft golden shimmer)

Golds:
    Vanilla Sky (like a more golden Champagne)
    Golden Dune (medium gold)
    Antique Gold (deep gold)

Other:
    Peach (not peach at all, but med-depth rusty pink with gold sheen)
    Rust (satiny cranberry color)
    walnut bronze (pinky-brown?)

As you can see I own a lot of golds and neutrals. I suggest looking for swatches of the ones that catch your eye.

Thanks Muse! :)

Thanks! I shall have a look at those. I was wondering about what products other than their eyeshadows people have tried and liked - I do need primer and it might be fun to get more cheek/lip options. :)

Don't get their primers... I'm not a fan of them. But for good color bases (i.e., to use over primer but under eyeshadow), check out their Jumbo Eye Pencils. For eyeliners, their pencil liners are pretty good, but you have your UD ones so you might not need them unless there's a color you want to try out.

Also I'll agree with Muse for Iced Mocha and Deep Bronze, I have both those colors and they're really good for use with neutrals!

Cool, the voucher stacked

Basically I was trying to get my order to $65 to take advantage of the free shipping + 50% off $30

Turns out I actually got $30 off (because it was over $60) but got the free shipping anyway

8-)

Does there exist a man's hat that can be worn whilst said man also has a considerable length of hair that he does not want to remove?

I have a small selection of trilby type hats with narrow and large rims, but I think wearing a hat over my long hair looks terrrrrible. These hats are hence useless to me. I can provide an example picture of myself (and my ususal attire) to ease the answering of my question, if needed.

a photo would be helpful, yes! in fact with hats it's less about what your hair looks like and way more about your face-shape and overall look

Viv's right, although I must admit I am struggling to think of a style of hat that'd look good with a man's long hair.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Yeah, though I will admit a bias against long hair on dudes, it's really hard to get right and unfortunately I don't often see it well cared for

• Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I've felt really non-glamorous and gross for like months now.

I need a new job where I'm not always a) at work looking like crap or b) too tired to try and look nice.

whine whine etc

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Suit appointment tomorrow!

Oh gosh.

What should I get.

Don't get their primers... I'm not a fan of them. But for good color bases (i.e., to use over primer but under eyeshadow), check out their Jumbo Eye Pencils. For eyeliners, their pencil liners are pretty good, but you have your UD ones so you might not need them unless there's a color you want to try out.

Also I'll agree with Muse for Iced Mocha and Deep Bronze, I have both those colors and they're really good for use with neutrals!
    I missed this post! But I did get those two colours; also black (as I lack a matte black) and silver and antique gold. :)

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Ah, I was thinking of getting the NYX bases. Currently I still use the calamine lotion which prevents the colors from fading or creasing but doesn't really make them pop. I was thinking of layering the calamine lotion and then a base and then the eyeshadow.

Really I need help with smokey eyes. I can't do it so it doesn't make me look not stupid and I am not sure what colors I should get aside from black.

edited March 2012
    Lisa Eldridge does some great smokey eye looks if you give her a google

basically, the smokey eye becomes about a bajillion times easier if you just use cream eyeshadows instead of regular powder ones

benefit, bobbi brown, and (for a less expensive option) maybelline all make some really good ones

MAC discontinued some of their prettier paint pots, which I reckon is a damn shame :(

Vivixenne on
    my tippythai bags just shipped! they'll be here in a few days! then, photos

kQwcZLJ.png
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I just ordered mine today! It's really nice of her to not charge extra for size adjustments, she totally could and no one would bat an eye. Excited to finally have a really nice bag that will fit my laptop.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪

if it weren't for YOU, MY bags would be on their way RIGHT NOW

shaking my fist

(though to be fair if it weren't for you I wouldn't have been prompted to get them in the first place, soooooo)

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular

yess! excited to see them.

@vivixenne, maybe a silly question, but what is it about cream eyeshadows that makes it easier to do a smoky eye?

I am still deciding on colours for mine! I'll probably ask for zip closures, too.

I like a light smokey eye, like this

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I need necklace advice! I have a lovely locket that my grandma got me and I would like to wear it more often, but it's on a chain that has a twist in it like so, and the damn chain rips out my hair at least a dozen times a day if not more. What I really need is a sterling or some kind of silver chain, probably 18" long or so? I'd prefer it not be too terribly expensive, that won't rip out my hair constantly. Do you all have any kind of necklace chain that you like that isn't known for pulling out your hair all the time?

You know what the easiest way to get smudgy eyeliner is? Sleep in your cream/gel/pencil eyeliner. Or apply it before you take a shower (don't wear mascara or rub your eyes obviously).

NOTHING LOOKS BETTER

and I will look into cream eyeshadows, thanks :)

@vivixenne, maybe a silly question, but what is it about cream eyeshadows that makes it easier to do a smoky eye?

ease of application, staying power, pigmentation

they are super creamy that they just glide on, and this also makes them very easy to blend and control

that they are deeply pigmented can also really give power to a smokey eye

fair warning: smokey eyes can look a little weird if you do not wear black eyeliner in your waterline, especially if you have big eyes and it's very visible when your eyes are open... this tends to ruin the dramatic effect

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    cabsy wrote: »
    I need necklace advice! I have a lovely locket that my grandma got me and I would like to wear it more often, but it's on a chain that has a twist in it like so, and the damn chain rips out my hair at least a dozen times a day if not more. What I really need is a sterling or some kind of silver chain, probably 18" long or so? I'd prefer it not be too terribly expensive, that won't rip out my hair constantly. Do you all have any kind of necklace chain that you like that isn't known for pulling out your hair all the time?

Oh my goodness those chains are the worst. They're pretty but so painful. (Until you cut off all the hair on the back of your head as I have done.)

You can get really nice chains online for a really reasonable price. I think the simpler the link is the less likely it is to yank your hair out by the roots. Just from scanning online real quick for the kinds I'm talking about it looks like maybe they're called cable or rolo chains? Anyway those virtually never caused my any problems, plus I like how delicate they look.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
This discussion has been closed.