As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Faking a LAN connection

Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-FedRegistered User regular
I have a multi player game that plays over the internet; sadly the servers are getting shut down at the end of March but you can also play it on a LAN so I need to get a program that can fake that over the Internet. I know of Hamachi but are there any other fake-a-lan- connection programs out there? Which ones are the best and which are the easiest?

Magic Pink on

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2012
    Hamachi is what you want.

edit: duh, you already mentioned it. But yeah, it's probably the easiest. There's another one I can't remember the name of right now too, focused especially on VPNs for games.

Echo on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Yeah Hamachi is the best one.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    Hamachi is what you want.

edit: duh, you already mentioned it. But yeah, it's probably the easiest. There's another one I can't remember the name of right now too, focused especially on VPNs for games.

GameRanger, maybe? It's the only thing that comes to mind, but it's not quite the same as Hamachi.

But yeah, Hamachi. For sure.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I think the other one was called Tunneler or something? Is that right? But it sounds like Hamachi is the best one?

• Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I think the other one was called Tunneler or something? Is that right? But it sounds like Hamachi is the best one?

That'd be Tunngle.

...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten