As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Three hundred fifteen million, three hundred sixty thousand seconds.

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
Five million, two hundred fifty six thousand minutes.

Eighty seven thousand, six hundred hours.

Three thousand, six hundred fifty days.

Ten years.

One decade.

That’s how long I’ve been posting here, believe it or not. I have been a part of this community for a bit less than a third of my entire life. Aside from being together with Amy, this is the longest I’ve ever done anything.

In that time I have graduated college, gotten a master’s degree, held four different jobs, gotten married, and moved my home five times.

While I have been here, some forumers have gotten married to each other. Some have gotten divorced. Some have given birth. Some have died. People have joined, left, changed names, been banned, been un-banned, created alts, or just stuck around.

I’ve been at every PAX Prime as attendee, media, or exhibitor. I plan to try to earn as many other types of badges as I can, eventually. I also hope to get to PAX East within a year or two.

I’ve participated in every Child’s Play, in one form or another, sometimes with a smaller contribution than I would have preferred to have been able to give.

I’ve been posting at Penny Arcade longer than Robert Khoo has been working at Penny Arcade.

I’ve been here for this forum going though several changes, crashes, closings, re-openings, re-designs, re-namings, and staff. I’ve seen and (to some degree) participated in no less than five spin-off, temporary replacement, or splinter forums. Most of them are gone.

But I’m still here. I always come back here and probably always will.

This place is a large part of my life and has had a large impact on my life in several different ways. This places has changed me, for the better, in several different ways. I consider a great vast number of you to be my friends. Many of whom are good, close friends. Well, as close of friends as I’ve ever had, anyway. Even though I’m sure most, if not all of you, have had closer friends to you than I am, some of you are the closest I’ve ever had.

The words from Bilbo Baggins on his 111th birthday seem pretty appropriate here:
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

There are many of you who probably know or recognize me better than I know you and for that I apologize. There are some of you to whom I have given unwarranted grief and for that I apologize as well.

But I will continue to be here, to get to know as many of you as I can to the best that my memory will allow. I look forward to seeing many of you again at PAX and to meet some of you in person for the very first time.

I hope this place is around for a good long while. I’m sure if it ever went away completely, there’d be a pretty big void to fill and I don’t know how I would.

Keep up the business as usual, SE++.

Thanks

gabecho.jpgtop_secret.jpggabecho2atar.jpgKITT.gifuncle.gifzappatar2.jpgcoopanimatesm.gifgeekface.gifjacksonatar.jpgcomicface.gifgeekhero.gifhurrigeek.gifgreeninjatar2.gifscreensaver.gifTheGeekConcept.gifwgavatar.gifstitchatar.jpgsteveatar.jpgcheese3.jpgtellerav.jpggarbagedayavatar.jpgchuckavatar.jpgmuncheravatar.jpgphineasatar.png

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    pit of hate
    nevar forget

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    whoareyou.jpg

zkHcp.jpg
    phorum

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    what about looooooooooooooooooove

measure in loooove

• RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    No Hi I'm New threads, but Hi, I'm Old threads are fine.

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    seasons of

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    god I hate rent

and that stupid fucking song

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I've been postin on these boards a couple of months shy of seven years now. I think i've been reading/aware of them for almost 8. Reading the forums has become my default "watch tv" activity, and it is not uncommon for me to go to PA's homepage on habit while intending to go to a different site. I'll probably keep reading/posting on this place until penny arcade collapses in an apocalypse.

It's been impressive/mindboggling seeing penny arcade go from a humble games webcomic/forum run by a couple of dudes to an indie behemoth in the games industry. I barely keep up with gabe & tycho's comic proper and blogposts anymore. I watched like the first season and a half of the PATV show(s). I just noticed in the past few weeks that they now have a section dedicated to game journalism stuff.

I had a chance to meet khoo and some northeast PA folks once, but circumstances at the time prevented me from doing so! I'm planning to go to PAX east next year since I will be living and working in the boston area (I toyed going this year and last year).

All in all, as far as geeky online communities go, PA is a pretty cool place/resource. I still remember those dark adolescent times when I would go on places like the battle.net forums when WCIII was still the hot new thing.

CptKemzik on
    Rolo wrote: »
    god I hate rent

and that stupid fucking song

Sea-

sons

of

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I appreciate you, the Geek!

Also, the geek is great, he was here long before I was here and to me is a forum institution, like bad horse drawings or tall dong. I have been here for 7 years that is pretty crazy looking back on it.

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i've been here less than a year

y'all are pretty alright

i'll stick around

• zen-zen- Registered User regular
    :arrow:

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I will have been here nine years this... November, I think

Dang

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    uparrow.gif

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Mememememememememememe

I make the government function and play bu

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    dang it, who invited Meiz

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yeah, it is pretty incredible to think of!

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I try not to think of it as 10 years.

It gets too depressing.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Granted I have been actively posting for just under eight years now

Man

It's still super weird that I met my wife here

And we're having a baby soon!

We've been together six years, that's nuts!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    ugh borderlining on 7

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    ten for me, almost eleven actually

easysig2.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    It kind of amazes me that I've had an account for nigh upon nine years. Granted, I've only been around for maybe two-thirds of that, but still, I kind of wish I'd taken this community more seriously.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    goddamn, has it been ten years?

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sevenish I guess but I barely posted for most of that. Also spent the first chunk in GnT I think.

Also someone post the Geek Wins Again picture.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    maybe take up knitting

• MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    dang it, who invited Meiz

Been here for a long ass time. Who are you again?

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Well how lovely.

Thanks for proving CD's point.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I just started posting. Who are all of you?
    How you maek poast

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Well how lovely.

i'm imagining this post dripping in sarcasm

i mean i know it isn't

but i'm imagining it

EzUAYcn.png
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    How you maek poast

do what i do

just mash the keys blindly and click the button

Buttlord wrote: »
    How you maek poast

do what i do

just mash the keys blindly and click the button

agjkvalsuavbiluhs ba n
    a 'vaw Nga Dei'obsN Ta
    nouls 't a
    inrahl'g a
    isr au gailsu aGL:IRas D gru;enpruayS ga
    v w a
    oer

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    forum veterans thread

let's moan about all the yongin's messing up our lawn

also Geek you are the best

where's that "BAM the Geek wins again picture"

we need it

now more than ever

wY6K6Jb.gif
    oh cool i speak Orc when I Buttpost

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Well how lovely.

i mean i know it isn't

but i'm imagining it

What? No, I thought it was nice! All the little avatars lines up from over the years.

• scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    4 years this August.
    Probably more years to go too, this place isn't too bad

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i'm almost at 7 years.

holy shit. that is a lot of time with all of you butts.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Well how lovely.

i mean i know it isn't

but i'm imagining it

What? No, I thought it was nice! All the little avatars lines up from over the years.

this, too, is said in sarcasm

and now everything Liiya posts is sarcastic forever

wY6K6Jb.gif