As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] MAGFest presents: JAMSPACE AGAIN (feat. 2pac & DMX)

NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
Your friendly neighborhood MAGFest crew is returning once again to pump PAX full of music during the hours of OPEN until QUESTION MARK.

3vTQRl.jpg

We'll have a ton of awesome content for you this year including chiptune concerts, full band performances, open jam time, and maybe a few other surprises!

Chiptune Acts presented by Boston8Bit: (Friday and Saturday morning to early afternoon)
FRIDAY 11AM - 2P
>NEIL VOSS
>MISFITCHRIS
>BRIGHT PRIMATE
>DANIMAL CANNON
>DISASTERPEACE
>SADNES

SATURDAY 11AM - 2PM
>DJ RADIO SCOTVOID
>KRIS KEYESER
>ACTIVE KNOWLEDGE
>XC3N
>CATHODE RAYS
>ROBOTSEXMUSIC
>STENOBOT

Live Bands: (Friday and Saturday evening, ending right before main stage concerts)
ARMCANNON
Battlecake
Brental Floss
Powerglove
The World is Square
Those Who Fight

Any time we don't have anything scheduled, we have open jam time available to anyone, and we provide all the instruments. We have a public bass, guitar, keyboard, and drum set available, so hop up on stage and jam with random strangers. Special prizes are given to the best open jam performers over the weekend, as well as any open jam performer that brings their own instrument.

What songs do you know that you want to play with other people? SOUND OFF!
NickTheNewbie
Instrument: Piano
Songs: Chrono Trigger soundtrack
Binary1230
Songs: Chrono Trigger soundtrack, mario, zelda, final fantasy, mega man, etc etc etc
Erica
Songs: A shitload of daft punk

NickTheNewbie on

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Soooo happy that Powerglove is able to make it back again!

We'll be spending plenty of time in there for sure. And we'll try to film as much as we can!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    I plan on being a permanent fixture for the majority of the weekend.

• zombiechronzombiechron Zebesian Mind Smuggler Miskatonic UniveristyRegistered User regular
    Yea, most of my time will be spent here in between spouts of swag-getting and jaw-dropping

ZILTOID
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    LOVE poverglove, they had the best mosh pit last year also it was pretty cool to have some of the proto men in the same room. i loved that you guys have ear plugs provided it was very thoughtfull and awesome.

since you guys are bringing instruments is there any chance you will bring some chiptune / dj stuff for us to mess around with, if not i may have some non modded consoles to lend out but none of the software

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, I don't think we can provide any of that kind of equipment, but if you talk to the chiptune performers, they may let you mess around with theirs.

• budah02921budah02921 Registered User regular
    Thank you once again, Magfest!

• zombiechronzombiechron Zebesian Mind Smuggler Miskatonic UniveristyRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty new to the chiptune scene, but I mess with famitracker a bit. I wouldn't love to lug my giant laptop around though, if anyone has a small netbook we could get some cool things going. I'm all about having a makeshift how-to/mini-jam if there is any downtime.

ZILTOID
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    As we get closer to PAXEast will we be given a schedule (as in specific set times)?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Unfortunately, I don't think we can provide any of that kind of equipment, but if you talk to the chiptune performers, they may let you mess around with theirs.

i think i should put a pro sound mod up on my gb color tonight while my soldering iron it on so i dont need to mess with any ones rig

also i asked you guys this last year and i'll ask again PLEASE GET PSYCHOSTICK TO COME they keep posting on their facebook that they want to come and play at pax

hey if you guys need a laptop donated i have 2 im not using, 1 need drivers nad a copy of window and is a 17inch wide screen and some what current and then i have an old beat to hell tablet opc that needs a power cord

so if you guys can use it and just load it with w/e you want and just have people plug their memory cards / hard drives in it , that should work great. also the tablet beat as it is but works great so i dont care if on the last day its just wrecked

Honestly, that sounds like a pretty rad idea. Famitracker shouldn't take much to run. I don't think I'd be the best teacher myself, but there might be someone to step up to the job. Also, this would allow anyone that uses Famitracker or a similar tracker to just bring a flash drive with their files on it as opposed to whatever they were going to bring, providing the right software was installed.

ZILTOID
    yeah the 17inch hp needs some drivers for every thing on it and that i would like back after the weekend but the tablet that just needs a power cord, it uses the same cord that my own laptop used let me get the stats for it, but i dont care if i get it back. i literally found it the trash at work and its beat to hell but the screen works great, nothing doesn't work on it so should be great to be publicly used and even smashed if any one wants

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    As we get closer to PAXEast will we be given a schedule (as in specific set times)?

They'll post a schedule once all of the details are ironed out.

NSw0gum.png
    yeah the 17inch hp needs some drivers for every thing on it and that i would like back after the weekend but the tablet that just needs a power cord, it uses the same cord that my own laptop used let me get the stats for it, but i dont care if i get it back. i literally found it the trash at work and its beat to hell but the screen works great, nothing doesn't work on it so should be great to be publicly used and even smashed if any one wants

19 volts 3.42 amp is the power cord needed for that tablet pc

You are kinda in the area near Boston, right? I'm pretty tight on cash right now but I would gladly donate my time. What are the specs on that tablet pc?

ZILTOID
    +

You are kinda in the area near Boston, right? I'm pretty tight on cash right now but I would gladly donate my time. What are the specs on that tablet pc?

idk at the moment but yes im an hour from boston by the patriot stadium

• sircrowbarsircrowbar Registered User new member
    YES. This was my favorite room last year and I will be hanging out as often as I can this time around too.

• MrRothchildMrRothchild Boston, MARegistered User new member
    During the open jams, is jamspace chip/VG music only or are more traditional acts welcome too?

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Is there a specific hashtag or twitter we should follow if no official schedule is established? I'd love to see Arm Cannon or Power Glove live again.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
    edited March 2012
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    Is there a specific hashtag or twitter we should follow if no official schedule is established? I'd love to see Arm Cannon or Power Glove live again.

look at the pax schedual, its been up there they start at 4pm and go to 7pm and power gloves on saturday like last year

sillyzombie666 on
    During the open jams, is jamspace chip/VG music only or are more traditional acts welcome too?
    All music is welcome, but be aware that open jam time is usually geared towards random individuals playing with each other, so it might take a little scheduling to get a full band to play together on stage.
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    Check out @MAGFest for all the latest jamspace updates, as well as updates on MAGFest itself, which happens every January in the DC area.

Updated OP to include chip acts. We'll be jam packed on the schedule this year, so unfortunately open jam time will only be in the evenings (8-close) and sunday.

First day went pretty great aside from open jam falling apart at the end (sorry about that). See you guys tomorrow.

MAGFest would like to express its heartfelt thanks to PAX and everyone else who made the Jamspace awesome this year. All of our scheduled acts rocked the house, and you all were a great crowd to have watching them. Our apologies for not having as much open jam time as we did in years past, but the open jam time we did have turned out great. Watch out for us again at PAX Prime, and, of course, at the next MAGFest, January 3-6, 2013, right outside Washington D.C.