As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

You wouldn't understand. It's a headmaster thing.

Is this what you kids call an...excuse me if I'm not saying this right but; an inyourendoh?

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • sphynx630sphynx630 Boston, Massachusetts Registered User regular
    Sorry guys, I'm the PKMN Trainer RED of Team Gold Blue.

• RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    So what kind of training regimens has everyone been doing? I've worked through most of a pint of patron this weekend trying to fortify myself for all of the tequila challenges. The rest of the year I train for gin challenges instead.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Did a little training friday. I was a bit rough the next day, this calls for a post-pubcrawl-party-pack for hydration and recovery kit for the the friday morning line.

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    gfish wrote: »
    Did a little training friday. I was a bit rough the next day, this calls for a post-pubcrawl-party-pack for hydration and recovery kit for the the friday morning line.

I plan to have my room well stocked with recovery essentials for exactly that reason. My friday training went a bit rougher then I would have liked this past week as well.

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    OK everyone, it looks like the more popular of the two team blue designs is "boozin and ballin". I'm posting the design once more here so people don't have to dig through the thread to find it. Here's how it's going to work. The design will look roughly like this (with maybe some small tweaks):

option_1small_onmodel.jpg

The shirts will cost $15. They will be high quality cotton Gildan tees, and the color will be deep turquoise. This will be an actual screenprint, not an iron-on, so you can assume the design will last a good long while. They are more expensive than last year's shirts but you're paying for quality! And for the children!

You will have to pay IN CASH the night of the pokecrawl so that all the money counts towards the TEAM BLUE fundraising total for the evening. That is also when you will receive the shirt, so if you intend to wear it that night you probably want to wear something you can layer it over.

If you would like to 'reserve' a shirt (in effect ordering it, but no payment till later) please PM me (or if you're more comfortable with them, PM peasantdave or lucazzo) and let us know how many shirts you will want and what sizes (available sizes are S-M-L-XL-2XL-3XL). Also you should probably tell us your real name so we have another way to identify you the night of the crawl besides your forum handle. If you're comfortable with that.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only reserve a shirt if you are serious about buying it, because the three of us are going to be fronting all the money to print these and don't want to end up with a whole bunch of shirts people ordered and never paid for. That will make us sad pandas. :( Or sad Totodiles, if you will.

Ok, if there is anything else you want to know, just ask here or PM me. Thanks!

FORGOT! IMPORTANT DETAIL! Deadline for ordering shirts is 11:59PM this Wednesday, the 21st of March! Sorry for the short turnaround, but we need at least two weeks to get them printed and shipped. Spread the word ASAP. :)

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Dawn of the DewDawn of the Dew Registered User new member
    I choose you! !Cyndaquil Gold

Plus 1!

• TheGrimLavaLampTheGrimLavaLamp Registered User new member
    Teams are closed? NOOOOOOO! Someone needs to update something more visible with that info.

• LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    Why is Blue Group Gold closed with 34 people? :(

PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
    edited March 2012
    Teams have been closed for a while now and it is updated in the first post (although the title of the thread probably should get updated).

Team blue gold got closed off early at 34 because when signups opened back up we flooded blue team (it was like blue with 80 and everyone else had 30-40) so atlus closed blue. Blue gold is also going hero mode i think to put us all to shame.

EchoZero on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular

becouse the blue team is significantly unbalenced this year. Were you trying to get on it?

• LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Singollo wrote: »

becouse the blue team is significantly unbalenced this year. Were you trying to get on it?

Yeah but it's not a big deal to be honest, I might just tag along to hang out with fellow pax'ers and have a couple drinks regardless since my birthday is the day before the crawl. I was on Lucazzo's team last year actually. Twas fun :)

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • CheddaIceCheddaIce Registered User regular
    So, a very important question: will the fact that I haven't paid attention to anything Pokemon related since the days of Pokemon Blue be in any way a detriment to me?

edited March 2012
    Yeah but it's not a big deal to be honest, I might just tag along to hang out with fellow pax'ers and have a couple drinks regardless since my birthday is the day before the crawl. I was on Lucazzo's team last year actually. Twas fun :)

Tag alongs were said to be very frowned upon since we are already mobbing bars...

@Cheddalce it shouldn't be...else I am in the same boat you are.

EchoZero on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    CheddaIce wrote: »
    So, a very important question: will the fact that I haven't paid attention to anything Pokemon related since the days of Pokemon Blue be in any way a detriment to me?

Not in the slightest.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

edited March 2012
    Deleted

EchoZero on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I keep seeing people posting about their green and blue teams... BUT WHERE ARE MY FELLOW SHEEP AT?

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I keep seeing people posting about their green and blue teams... BUT WHERE ARE MY FELLOW SHEEP AT?

OHERRO!

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
    edited March 2012
    Green team, here is a logo I made for anyone that wanted to screen print a t-shirt:

*See below for updated version*

Certain.shade.of.green on
  • KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Green team, here is a logo I made for anyone that wanted to screen print a t-shirt:

E6M8d.jpg

Haha thats awesome. Can you put a drink somewhere in that pic?

Kyuss on
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    SHEEP? SHEEP?!?!?!!?

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
    Kyuss wrote: »

E6M8d.jpg

Haha thats awesome. Can you put a drink somewhere in that pic?

I can, I'll update the picture with the one Uninvisible settles on.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular

We're saving our energy for drinking.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    folkit wrote: »
    Is there a list of bars posted?

edit: wait, just kidding, I read that wrong.

I have a bar list, just tinkering with the exact routes ... By end of today all of the bars will be notified to expect us.

Kitty O'Sheas is no longer on the crawl after they told me they were going to great lengths to accommodate us, then totally failing to do so. Various ideas I have for taunting them include sending in a lone Pokeymans to order a cranberry juice, or bringing by a large group of people and having them all order water. Maybe we will just take the high road and ignore them ...

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

OHERRO!

POWER TO THE SHEEP!

arsonisfun wrote: »

I have a bar list, just tinkering with the exact routes ... By end of today all of the bars will be notified to expect us.

Kitty O'Sheas is no longer on the crawl after they told me they were going to great lengths to accommodate us, then totally failing to do so. Various ideas I have for taunting them include sending in a lone Pokeymans to order a cranberry juice, or bringing by a large group of people and having them all order water. Maybe we will just take the high road and ignore them ...

As fun as that would be I say we just ignore them and not give them our business.

• boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular

OHERRO!

POWER TO THE SHEEP!

What DOES happen if you plug in a sheep?

• boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    arsonisfun wrote: »

As fun as that would be I say we just ignore them and not give them our business.

High road is definitely a better call on this one. Specifically as vengeance would cut into drinking time. And that's bad, mmm'kay?

Alrighty, the final version!
    X9JhZ.jpg?1

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Bahaha. So good.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    Anyone else see the middle one and immediately think: "Woooooooooooooooooooo!"

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Nice :D

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    this is a reminder! you must order shirts by 11:59 PM on wednesday night (tonight, since it's now after midnight) or we cannot guarantee you will get one!

PM beth dave or lucazzo! gracias and buenos noches!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • lemonmanlemonmanlemonmanlemonman Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    So here is what I came up with for the Green Team ....
    1I6le.jpg

lemonmanlemonman on
  • University OgreUniversity Ogre Registered User regular
    Lemonman, that is the greatest shirt I have ever seen. Sign me up for two.

• folkitfolkit Lucille Bluth is my spirit animal. FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm on Team Yellow and I'd love if we had a team shirt, but I have zero art skills so I can't really step up to the plate. Anybody? Bueller?

Also, changed my profile picture on here to reflect how excited I am for this crawl. It'll be my first. Can't wait to drink with you guys. :)

folkit on
    Proeliator wrote: »
    Anyone else see the middle one and immediately think: "Woooooooooooooooooooo!"

That's just how Chikorita gets down.

Thank you Rhiley for reminding me to tell everyone that if you want the Team Super Green logo without the background and suitable for printing just shoot me a quick message and I'll get that out to you. Or I believe Rhiley has a transparent background version if I for some weird reason don't get back to you.

edited March 2012
    Deleted

EchoZero on
    So here is what I came up with for the Green Team ....
    1I6le.jpg

Sign me up for an XL!

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular

Oh, they will be getting no actual business ...
    boozysmurf wrote: »
    High road is definitely a better call on this one. Specifically as vengeance would cut into drinking time. And that's bad, mmm'kay?

You don't understand the roiling ball of hatred that exists inside me, caused by Kitty O'Sheas. Maybe it was that time that the entire upstairs of the bar erupted into a melee and I needed to step in to stop a gentleman from punching a lady in the face. Maybe it was the time they charged my card three times for my tab.

I'm not sure why I bothered trusting them last year when they said "Oh, we have new management now and it's much better". I feel like a domestic abuse victim - I know Kitty keeps treating me wrong, but she keeps telling me she'll change.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.