As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Assassins! - Assassins Ball (Shipped Kits update! March 30) [106!]

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'll be shambling with the Varsity Dead. We crave brains both for sustenance and knowledge.

Welcome to the horde!

The Cowboy 'Verse Flavor Text is now up, with the image description coming up late tonight. For those dusty denizens waiting for you call to arms, here it is:

We aim to do very bad things. Hmm, that doesn't sound right at all... have to work on that. You need to understand we're not bad people, just more often than not seen in a bad light, and to be fair that's only from the people we're stealing from and they's biased.

Besides there's plenty that's worse than us, though it's to be expected. This is a hard world and it's not been easier since reality broke and all sorts have been wandering into our plane, like we're the lodestone for every hard, mean and desperate creature of the worlds.

We could leave, I suppose, head off to some safer realm where we wouldn't have to fight so damn hard... but what's the fun in that?

MarsChelios on
  • LordGimmikLordGimmik Registered User regular
    Is there a way I can add a kit to my order and combine shipping? My buddies girlfriend wants to play too.

LordGimmik wrote: »
    Is there a way I can add a kit to my order and combine shipping? My buddies girlfriend wants to play too.

We don't have the ability to update orders right now unfortunately. You can make a new order or cancel your order and combine them into one. Either way though you;re going to be paying the same as shipping doesn't decrease per kit until the amount reaches the flat-rate price for your area.

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    I'm surprised to see the Raiders pick up those numbers! Where are all the bronies at!?

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Raider nation! ... wait.. that's something else, isn't it?

edited March 2012
    LinkSmash wrote: »
    I'm surprised to see the Raiders pick up those numbers! Where are all the bronies at!?
    vttym wrote: »
    Raider nation! ... wait.. that's something else, isn't it?

My_Little_Cthulhu_by_Spippo.jpg

Gasp! Oh noes, what have the raiders done? :) Sparkly Pony content is lagging behind but there will be some updates on that front tonight (Update: Wednesday night). We'll also be showing off our trading card in the next day or two as well.

Also up this week: Printing for badges is going to start with shipping starting sometime end of this week or early next week! You'll be able to order with shipping up until the end of next week after which you can still order but will need to get up with me at the convention. I'll be sending an email out to all players with info on how to contact me about a week before PAX.

One last thing! The Cowboy 'Verse sigil has been updated to be 200% more gunslingery than before and brings it into a similar style with the first three factions.

faction_image_small.png

MarsChelios on
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    so when do the kits ship out?

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Love it! Great job on the Verse design!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • ArmyKnifeArmyKnife Registered User regular
    Just saw this and bought my kits, hooray! (One for me, one for my girlfriend.)

edited March 2012
    Fruhmann wrote: »
    so when do the kits ship out?

Kits will start shipping end of this week or beginning of next week.

Love it! Great job on the Verse design!

Thanks! :D

ArmyKnife wrote: »
    Just saw this and bought my kits, hooray! (One for me, one for my girlfriend.)

Great, thanks for playing!

MarsChelios on
  • Carmen SDCarmen SD Queen of the Poultry Minion ConnecticutRegistered User new member
    Woo hoo. Just ordered our kits. Two more Sparkly Ponies will be on the prowl.

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    its so awesome to see so many of us playing. I was worried for a bit on how hard it would be to find targets.
    Not looking so hard now!!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Muhahaha, not only will my killer (if I am killed...good luck on that, silly non sparkly ponies and traitorous sparkly ponies) get ponies... they will also get:

A copy of card sagainst humanity/, which just came back in stock today.

BRING IT!

Muhahaha, not only will my killer (if I am killed...good luck on that, silly non sparkly ponies and traitorous sparkly ponies) get ponies... they will also get:

A copy of card sagainst humanity/, which just came back in stock today.

BRING IT!

Oh it's on! Speaking of ponies...

faction_overview.jpg

Also, we're close to finishing our trading card! This is the front side. The hot pink color will show as a difference in the glossiness on the printed card, not as a color. The sigil for each faction will also be displayed in the same way but is not displayed here.

TradingCardTeaserFront.png

On the trading card front it's unlikely we'll have these in before we start printing and shipping so some people may not receive them in their kits. We're going to make note of who doesn't get them and will distribute them at the convention at predetermined times (Trading Card meetup most likely) or as we see you slaughtering each other.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Carmen SD wrote: »
    Woo hoo. Just ordered our kits. Two more Sparkly Ponies will be on the prowl.

yes! sparkly ponies ftw!!!

A copy of cards against humanity/, which just came back in stock today.

BRING IT!

well i wasn't PLANNING on being a traitorous pony, but you have just put quite a bounty on your own head. i guess we'll just have to see how this unfolds.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    i think we need to work on terms for when a member of a clan gets killed.

like killing a pony would be "culling the herd." roboninja "removed obsolete hardware" etc etc. i don't know. whatever.

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Ok the logo for the sparkly ponies looks bad ass!

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12

like killing a pony would be "culling the herd." roboninja "removed obsolete hardware" etc etc. i don't know. whatever.

i like this. it's clever.

7YIpfE5.png
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular

Great idea! How about "flunking" varsity dead and sending cowboys to Boot Hill?

yeah. lots of room for improvement, but there it is.

• RachelkittenRachelkitten PMS_KTN Broomfield, CORegistered User regular
    Three kits ordered for Robot Ninja *does some sort of fancy ninja roboty move*

Pax East 2012 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accomodations [X] Travel [X] Time Off [X]
    Twitter: KTNPWNS_PMS

rascal wrote: »

Great idea! How about "flunking" varsity dead and sending cowboys to Boot Hill?

I second this, great idea Fruhmann. If I get the time I'll try to integrate this into the site but if not this game, definitely the next one.

EXCITTEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! I really want to see all the madness happen, but more importantly, to meet all you crazies running around trying to rack up as many kills as you can.

• Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    OMGosh cannot wait to do this! I am going to sign up tonight!

Who is going to PAX South?
    Ok so legit question. IF I were a Sparkly Pony and dressed up as the back half of a pony and my arm didn't show but was wearing a band, is that cheating? :P

Ok so legit question. IF I were a Sparkly Pony and dressed up as the back half of a pony and my arm didn't show but was wearing a band, is that cheating? :P

i would imagine as long as the badge is clearly visible it's ok. also, everything about this is awesome.

also, my own sparkly pony uniform is now in progress:
    6988563857_6c23cde25b.jpg

7YIpfE5.png
  • rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    I feel like this is the only game wherein I can run around live, in person, yelling "I'MMA KEEL YOUUUU!!!!" and not be immediately arrested.

only a couple of days left for trading cards. any chance of getting a pony badge?

7YIpfE5.png
  • sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    Kingsport Raider kit ordered!

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    only a couple of days left for trading cards. any chance of getting a pony badge?

We are too awesome to need a badge. We will allow others to simply bask in our sparkles to identify ourselves. Also known as 'attack glitter'.

(I might have ordered my cards early and might be pouting that I don't have an Assassin's logo.)

edited March 2012

i would imagine as long as the badge is clearly visible it's ok. also, everything about this is awesome.

Yes, the badge must be visible while you're in the convention center and if possible on the right side (flank?).

also, my own sparkly pony uniform is now in progress:
    6988563857_6c23cde25b.jpg

Awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I've been trying to come up with something that matches the other badges but no luck so far. It's unlikely I'll have time to work on it before the deadline but there are some options for you. This is the original badge I created but never posted since the intention was to redo it:

faction_image_small.png

I'll link the original photoshop file for this as well tonight for anyone who'd like to play with that.

Kingsport Raider kit ordered!

Thanks!

MarsChelios on
    Here's the photoshop file for Sparkly Ponies:

Sparkly Ponies Photoshop File

Also here's a shot of the finalized branded badges:

AssassinsBallBadgeBranding.png

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    Branded badges are so hot right now.

That is an EPIC image! If I were a pony.... I could throw folks off by wearing that shirt then go for the kill. Mwahahaaha

edited March 2012

aaaaaand for mah ponies...

6854536268_4990d82b87.jpg
    source

tvethiopia on
    7YIpfE5.png

source

OMFG! I am in love with that image! Best. Thing. Ever!!!!!!

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

source

<3<3<3

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • TheReal256TheReal256 Registered User new member
    can you still order kits theres no link on the order page http://www.phenixone.com/games/assassins/ordering

edited March 2012
    That is an EPIC image! If I were a pony.... I could throw folks off by wearing that shirt then go for the kill. Mwahahaaha
    Hey, excellent tactic! -- I like your thinking :)

rascal on