As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GOP Primaries] WI, MD, DC 4/3. Sponsored by cheese, crab cakes, and murder, respectively.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dr Arch: There is a dance? hmm. You should teach this to Ecco. :P

I don't know how it ever originated but yes, there is a dance, to which the incorrect person sings "I was wrong and you were right." A therapist friend of mine found out about it and has started suggesting it to clients, because by making "being wrong" a trivial, funny thing, it mitigates, if not completely loses, the emotional investment some people place in being right, which can lead to all sorts of problems in a relationship.

However, it only works if both parties are fully willing to commit to it.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So.

Primary night.

What's this about ballots being too big to fit into machines in IL?

Bagginses wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I hate the Duggars. I feel for the children the same I feel when I watched "Jesus Camp".

Every time I see the Duggars I want to have 20 kids of my own just to combat their crazy.

Then Mrs. DoctorArch smacks me upside the head.

Is that foreplay for the production or a preventative measure?

A little of column A, a little of column B.

_J_ wrote: »
    So.

Primary night.

Republican fuckmuppetry or standard incompetence. Take your pick.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2012
    Which could probably lead us into a whole crazy tangent of why the left just doesn't try to out-populate the crazy, which would take us into discussion on gender issues and roles, and things.

Name for me one person you know who would get pregnant over 20 times in some offspring-arms-race against the far right?

10 times?

I'm not going lower. Lower won't get the job done.

Edit: Final outcome - You can't out-populate the crazy.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    So.

Primary night.

Republican fuckmuppetry or standard incompetence. Take your pick.

RON PAUL CONSPIRACY

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    So.

Primary night.

It's not the size that counts, it's how you stuff the ballot box.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    What's a Duggars?

Prairie Family (i think), 19 kids. Sold their souls and their children to TLC for a TV show. They started with 18 kids, but then one whole season was about the moms pregnancy with the 19th.

how the fuck do I know this shit when I don't even have a TV.....

Given how the new one looks, it should be "18 Kids, 1 Gremlin and Counting"

MSNBC projects IL for Romney.

I'm pretty sure the over/under was at around 10% and I'mma go with over. Though the fact that Romney actually spent any money on attack ads here is rather telling. Not that I saw many since I don't really watch TV on TV anymore, but still how the hell do you freak out about losing a state like us to Santorum? He won't play well above Effingham and anything outside of Chicagoland is really just a safety.

• a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    moniker wrote: »
    You guys do realize that kids aren't clones of their parents and typically do form their own political opinions and such, right?

Statistically, they usually don't though.

a5ehren wrote: »
    You guys do realize that kids aren't clones of their parents and typically do form their own political opinions and such, right?

Men like me can never change
    Men like you can never change
    No, 24601...

a5ehren wrote: »

Men like me can never change
    Men like you can never change
    No, 24601...

Man, even if the offspring of Christian parents can become atheists, I still don't want to take the chance.

• Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular
    Speaking of parenting and politics and trying to maybe steer this conversation AWAY from things that will get me jailed again,* Rick Santorum says that Obama is a bad parent for letting his daughter go to May-hee-ko possibly because of all the child-molesting Catholic preachers there (boom!) there or something.

I guess he's worried that latinos will forget he hates them or something.

*I am the MASTER of subtle

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    NBC calling it big for Romney. Crushing.

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Worse news: Ability to beat Obama:

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

Which, doesn't that mean that at least a fraction of Santorum voters are voting for him without any expectation of victory?

These fucking people.

Atomika on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Gingrich finished behind Paul.

I don't know if I should laugh or...yeah, I think I'll laugh.

• mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Gingrich finished behind Paul.

I don't know if I should laugh or...yeah, I think I'll laugh.

I have friends in bumfuck, IL. Like leave chicago and drive 7 hours south.

They've been spamming FB with "VOTE FOR RON PAUL" for moooonths.

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

Which, doesn't that mean that at least a fraction of Santorum voters are voting for him without any expectation of victory?

These fucking people.

hehehehe

Fucking god damn...

"it's better for more to pay less in taxes, than for a very few to pay much more."

Why the shit are people cheering that?

edited March 2012
    http://youtu.be/bxch-yi14BE

Your arguments. You know how they're now classified.

Atomika on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Fucking god damn...

"it's better for more to pay less in taxes, than for a very few to pay much more."

What's not to cheer? More community involvement and the public will be more interested in politics if more people pay less taxes. Instead of just 52%. 8->

emnmnme wrote: »
    Fucking god damn...

What's not to cheer? More community involvement and the public will be more interested in politics if more people pay less taxes. Instead of just 52%. 8->

Your joke makes me sad-laugh.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

They've been voting against their economic self interest for years. Why not vote against their political self interest too?

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

They've been voting against their economic self interest for years. Why not vote against their political self interest too?

Fair point.

I like persons whose operative self-conception is "BOOO ME!"

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Which could probably lead us into a whole crazy tangent of why the left just doesn't try to out-populate the crazy, which would take us into discussion on gender issues and roles, and things.

Name for me one person you know who would get pregnant over 20 times in some offspring-arms-race against the far right?

10 times?

I thought it was pretty widely accepted that if everyone voted, a republican would never win the whitehouse again. We don't need more people, we need a cure for crippling apathy.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Looks like turnout is down about a fourth from four years ago (on Super Tuesday).

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

Fair point.

I wouldn't call it BOO ME, more like MY LIFE IS SHIT AND I'M TAKING EVERYONE WITH ME.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Cantido wrote: »

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

Fair point.

I wouldn't call it BOO ME, more like MY LIFE IS SHIT AND I'M TAKING EVERYONE WITH ME.

It's like someone taking themselves hostage and threatening to pull the trigger.

• Boring7Boring7 Registered User regular

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

Fair point.

With a dash of, "I pay taxes but the teevee man says 50% of Americans don't so it must be those poorer than me, those fuckers." The fact that by that math their taxes don't count just goes sailing over their heads.

• kildykildy Registered User regular

10 times?

I thought it was pretty widely accepted that if everyone voted, a republican would never win the whitehouse again. We don't need more people, we need a cure for crippling apathy.

I believe a modification to the voting system would need to occur as well. If NPV passed everywhere you'd pretty much be putting a stake in the modern republican party unless they switched positions fast.

• UrcbubUrcbub Registered User regular

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

Fair point.

No, their logic is "My shitty life will be better if everyone else has a shittier life".

Urcbub wrote: »

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

Fair point.

No, their logic is "My shitty life will be better if everyone else has a shittier life".

To be fair, that is true, if their entire conception of a good life is measured relative to others. If noone else can afford food now, then that can of spam means they're eating like kings, when a week ago it was just food they bought at the dollar store.

The stock far-right mindset is easy to understand when you realize that the foundation for all their positions is that A) life always sucks, and B) it's because other people are fucking it up, and C) we need to set those fuckers straight, because D) even if they aren't actively fucking it up, THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN.

I'm pretty sure this is the entirety of Santorum's platform.

• UrcbubUrcbub Registered User regular
    Urcbub wrote: »

Currently:

Romney 57%
    Santorum 23%

Romney 71%
    Santorum 17%

These fucking people.

Fair point.

To be fair, that is true, if their entire conception of a good life is measured relative to others. If noone else can afford food now, then that can of spam means they're eating like kings, when a week ago it was just food they bought at the dollar store.

Yes, that relative-to-others way of life is the only explanation that can explain the gop craziness. And it explains a whole lot, including why they're nosedive into the crazy pool once the recession really hit.

• SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    Looks like the final score was a roughly twelve point victory for Romney. Which is interesting because it means that once again, Santorum overperformed projections based on polls leading up to the election. But Romney didn't really underperform his own projections; this time the albatross belongs to Gingrich, who failed to break 10% even though he was projected to pick up somewhere between 12 and 14%, and Santorum benefited almost exclusively.

I think it's pretty clear that the ultra conservatives have made their choice and officially rejected Gingrich's candidacy after Alabama and Mississippi, although Newt Gingrich certainly won't see it that way for at least a few more years.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh man. Listening to today's Stern Show and he played that crazy guy at Rick Santorum's event.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    So going back a bit, who are Americans Elect, and why should we care about them, at all?
    This election's perennial group of powerful moderate centrists who are obsessed with the Presidency trying to fix our broken political system by playing musical chairs rather than actually trying to fix the broken political system.

Ie: they're trying to create a 'fusion' ticket with a Democrat/Republican or Republican/Democrat running as a third party in November.
    If only we'd thought to try that sometime before now. I'm sure it would work out great.

Montana says hello.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I spoke too soon, apparently. Turnout was about even with '08.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    So going back a bit, who are Americans Elect, and why should we care about them, at all?
    This election's perennial group of powerful moderate centrists who are obsessed with the Presidency trying to fix our broken political system by playing musical chairs rather than actually trying to fix the broken political system.

Ie: they're trying to create a 'fusion' ticket with a Democrat/Republican or Republican/Democrat running as a third party in November.
    If only we'd thought to try that sometime before now. I'm sure it would work out great.

Montana says hello.

so does the twelfth amendment

fuck gendered marketing
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    It just occurred to me. With all this, Republicans can't keep saying that manipulation of the election process is because of illegals and dead progressives.

It was the Old Man Jenkins all along!!!

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg