As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    LWbwc.jpg
    CBR.com wrote:
    CBR News: Christos, how will the structure of "Avengers vs. X-Men" work with your cast of characters? Will you be focusing on the same set of characters throughout your tie-in or will certain characters step to the foreground based on the acts of "AvX?"

Christos Gage: The first "act" of "AvX" roughly coincides with "Avengers Academy #29-31, in which the mutant kids from Utopia are brought to Avengers Academy for "protective custody." The second act jibes with #32 and #33, in which the X-Men decide Juston Seyfert's Sentinel has to be destroyed.

Crrrrrrraaaaaaap...

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    HEY

FUCK YOU

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I can see why the X-Men would decide that, seeing as the Utopia kids are at the same place as the Sentinel and it WAS originally designed to hunt, capture and kill-if-need-be mutants. Still, it's going to suck if they actually take him down.

i will be so fucking pissed if he's destroyed

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    In this exciting issue, the X-Men kill a thing they hate and fear, even though it's done them no wrong.

And tune in next month, where Cyclops discovers the concept of irony.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Laura Hudson interviews Kelly Sue Deconnick about Captain Marvel

She seems to share a lot of the same thoughts as me, which is good. And that's the last I'll say about that until July except BUY THIS BOOK DAMMIT!

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Is the Sentinel sentient or is its programming just damaged in a funny and exciting way?

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ugh, according to the interview with Parker and Shalvey on CBR, the real Thunderbolts will still be time traveling when Dark Avengers starts.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    LWbwc.jpg
    CBR.com wrote:
    CBR News: Christos, how will the structure of "Avengers vs. X-Men" work with your cast of characters? Will you be focusing on the same set of characters throughout your tie-in or will certain characters step to the foreground based on the acts of "AvX?"

Christos Gage: The first "act" of "AvX" roughly coincides with "Avengers Academy #29-31, in which the mutant kids from Utopia are brought to Avengers Academy for "protective custody." The second act jibes with #32 and #33, in which the X-Men decide Juston Seyfert's Sentinel has to be destroyed.

Crrrrrrraaaaaaap...

Oh man, I was a big fan of gthe Tsunami (remember that line?) Sentinel. Has he had more appearances in the marvel universe outside of his comic?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    LWbwc.jpg
    CBR.com wrote:

Crrrrrrraaaaaaap...

Oh man, I was a big fan of gthe Tsunami (remember that line?) Sentinel. Has he had more appearances in the marvel universe outside of his comic?

It has to by now. Tsunami ended after about 6 months. That's not time for a lot of comics.

Harry Dresden on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    In this exciting issue, the X-Men kill a thing they hate and fear, even though it's done them no wrong.

And tune in next month, where Cyclops discovers the concept of irony.

:^:

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    They could just get the scraps of the thousands of other Sentinels they've destoryed and he can build himself another one.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That cover needs to have the phoenix effect on it to give it some more context. It looks like Emma is going to be possessed during the event, maybe, but not knowing about AvX and you're just reading Avengers Academy, you look at that and you see Emma flying, and the energy blasts almost look like Gambit's thrown some cards around.

I don't really understand how Emma is zapping the Sentinel

she cannot do zaps other than brain zaps and those are not brain zaps

Maybe she's throwing money at the problem? :rotate:

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So the new Cyclops will be
    images-2.jpg

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    He's still around? Awesome. I liked the unfortunately short-lived Sentinel series.
    Is the Sentinel sentient or is its programming just damaged in a funny and exciting way?

The second thing, but he's learning.

The kid's pretty bright and he was mucking with the programming a lot, turning off the 'kill all mutants' bits.

H9f4bVe.png
    I'd like to think they're cutting the ties with the Sentinel so Juston can use his talents to create all kinds of other awesome technology, rather than just killing it and getting rid of him altogether.

you're funny

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I swear to god, if this happens . . .

All my tears will happen.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya I had watched it the other day , is why I can't take them doing it to Juston too! Cyclops better not go all Mansley on us!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I swear to god, if this happens . . .

All my tears will happen.

that was too good a movie to do that poorly

huntresssig.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Avengers: X-Sanction 4:
    Nothing really big happened in it other than Hope healing Cable of his techno-organic virus and Scott seeing the Phoenix come out of her. Overall I'd give the whole series a C which considering it's a Loeb book is like an A+. Not neccessary for A vs. X-men but some good art and characterization of Cable.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • WarponyWarpony Too small. The MoonRegistered User regular
    I wonder what Season 2 pf the animated show will bring...

It's bringing Ms Marvel, and that's good enough for me.

• WarponyWarpony Too small. The MoonRegistered User regular
    Marvelicious.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    prv11874_pg5.jpg
    prv11874_pg2.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
    Looking forward to Namor and Ben fighting a lot

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    So Magneto just stopped in the middle of the fight for a nice pose?, That was sure nice of him!

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    It looks like Tony wails on him with repulsors to no effect and Magneto just turns his back on him and drops that

CYpGAPn.png
    edited March 2012
    I really hope Tony gets his ass kicked

I love watching Iron Man get beaten up by, well

by pretty much anyone

Solar on
    I am really looking forward to that fight, the most out of all of the AvX match-ups so far really

Iron Man's powers have gotten advanced enough that he should be able to rattle Magneto's cage a bit. Especially if Erik is expecting the same old pew pew pew Iron Man.

CYpGAPn.png
    edited March 2012
    Seeing as Thor and Storm will be fighting in AvX I think this deserves a post

vpbxi1.jpg

Oh Thor you scamp

Solar on
    Super kissin'

one of Thor's greatest powers

honestly Thor/Storm shouldn't even be a contest

Thor has all of her powers and then his godly might and invulnerability on top of that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I always feel weird about the Thor Victory Through Makeout sequence. It just doesn't sit right.

I always feel weird about the Thor Victory Through Makeout sequence. It just doesn't sit right.

mmhm

It was Chris Claremont writing two things he loves in comics: mind control, and Storm being the object of affection for a God/King/Dracula

Well I mean

he didn't mind control her

he straight up says he took the air out of her lungs and knocked her out

CYpGAPn.png
    In contest of champions 2, the overarching story is that all the heroes are mind controlled to only care about fighting.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    And then...Love Balloons.

This discussion has been closed.