As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cloverfield (mystery movie trailer in front of transformers)

• Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There's also,

"The "Untitled J.J. Abrams Project" may also be using the working title "Slusho," which hardcore fans of Abrams' Alias may remember as the Slurpee-type beverage that Vaughn offers to Sydney in the second episode of the series."

I doubt they'd create that site just for the second episode of Alias.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    august wrote: »
    You'll get a for response. Sound familiar?

huh?

No response yet. The IP is physically located in Scottsdale, AZ. No hits on Satoshi's 'address' in Tokyo.

tachyon on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And also there's the whole Ethan Haas being a character on The Class and that multiple actors from that show have been cast as characters in the movie. But ethan haas is according to JJ unaffiliated with the movie.

This is like some insane fractal.

august on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    And also there's the whole Ethan Haas being a character on The Class and that multiple actors from that show have been cast as characters in the movie. But ethan haas is according to JJ unaffiliated with the movie.

This is like some insane fractal.

Yeah, this Slusho thing tho. I don't see how this could not be related to the movie.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I dunno. You can't drink just 6 though. I assumed that's what it said. I guess someone will translate it at some point.

Also it says 6 sakazuki dakeja ? rinai, I dont know the last kanji so i cant read what it says.

The first kanji is sakazuki which means like sake cup or cup for an alcoholic beverage. dake means only/just/as, and thats as far is I can translate.

The last kanji isn't drink so I'm not sure what it says. But it's "____ just 6 cups." So yeah chances are just says cant have just 5.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh yeah! Slusho is from Japan right?

The main character in the trailer is also going to Japan.

Consider me master of the obvious statement.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I dunno. You can't drink just 6 though. I assumed that's what it said. I guess someone will translate it at some point.

Also it says 6 sakazuki dakeja ? rinai, I dont know the last kanji so i cant read what it says.

The first kanji is sakazuki which means like sake cup or cup for an alcoholic beverage. dake means only/just/as, and thats as far is I can translate.

The last kanji isn't drink so I'm not sure what it says. But it's "____ just 6 cups." So yeah chances are just says cant have just 5.

tarinai. 'Only six cups is not enough' is the translation.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    This was posted in the other thread but supposedly written inside the little sphere capsule in the ethanhaaswasright thing it says ckrox.

www.ckrox.com and http://www.ckrox.com/angelusplace/ 719 Angelus place, CA is a design studio in LA.

randomdesign
    719 Angelus Place
    Venice, CA 90291
    US

Appears to be a house, you can check google maps.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sorry if it's been posted already, but the trailer is up on Apple's site now.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There is the possibility that there is no film.

I reckon it's all a massive campaign to sell the slusho drink.

Gorak on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited July 2007
    Gorak wrote: »
    There is the possibility that there is no film.

I reckon it's all a massive campaign to sell the slusho drink.

Man, that'd be a pretty piss-poor way of advertising a slurpee. Nothing appeals to me more than the prospect of turning into hideous sea-monster servant of nihilistic gods of insanity.

But yeah, that slusho shit is pretty intriguing.

And I really think that Ethan Haas is part of clover.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    This was posted in the other thread but supposedly written inside the little sphere capsule in the ethanhaaswasright thing it says ckrox.

www.ckrox.com and http://www.ckrox.com/angelusplace/ 719 Angelus place, CA is a design studio in LA.

randomdesign
    719 Angelus Place
    Venice, CA 90291
    US

If you zoom in on the dog's eye in the photo (2nd link) there is a guy playing a pinball machine.

What? =/

Edit: There are more photos actually. Ah well. One of them (The lab) had the pinball.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    FPMFPM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A possible underwater menace, a giant monster and a weird kind of soda... Anyone remember an old japaneese cartoon - "The flying phantom ship"? :)

FPM on
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    FPM wrote: »
    A possible underwater menace, a giant monster and a weird kind of soda... Anyone remember an old japaneese cartoon - "The flying phantom ship"? :)

I HATE you, Phantom Space Man! [/Hank Venture]

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Those of you who can't (my computer locks on the second puzzle) or can't be bothered to do the puzzles, you can search youtube for Ethan Haas and find all the videos at the moment.

Hurry before they get taken down again.

werehippy on
  • Options
    tachyontachyon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nothing back from Satoshi's gmail. Oh well, it would have been a nice lead.

Back to the intrawebs!

tachyon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You get this from the Slusho e-mail on the website:

Slusho! loves your mails!! You Can't Drink Just Six!!!

august on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I sent the slusho thing to my japanese friend to see if she can translate anything particularly weird.

edit: Also, mousing over one of the kids makes him say "SLUSHO ZOOM!"

Anything slusho related we can zoom in on? And man, that history is creepy.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »

randomdesign
    719 Angelus Place
    Venice, CA 90291
    US

Uh.

Are dogs eyes supposed to look like that?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree people who keep going on about lovecraft need to sit up and realize there is no way something like this is related to lovecraft.

For one giant fucking explosions and the almost stereotypical destruction of the statue of liberty is hardly lovecraft style. Two if it was they would at least try to cash in on the lovecraft aspect even a little. Third does giant evil alien parasite that is also in soft drinks really strike you as a lovecraft story?

Besides some totally random words on websites that may not even be related to this there is nothing at all to go by let a long enough evidence to stand up and start shouting that cthulhu is coming.

This is Hollywood. All they need is one idea and it is a Lovecraft flick. Ed Gein = Texas Chainsaw Massacre based on a true story? By Hollywood rationale, Cthulu can be anything they want, in anything they want. Especially if the public domain stuff is true.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I have discovered that Rob owns two of those rocker chairs with the sound systems in them, and a 360.

Rob also has a bitchin' pad.

Where's the slusho shirt in the trailer? edit: Found it. 51 seconds in, right after TV with earthquake. Nicely hidden.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    ihopiusihopius Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    I think anyone who draws lovecraft from this has entirely too active an imagination. You've got an explosion and a weird noise to go on with, plus some bloggy bullshit that nabs random words from a variety of IPs. There are no dots to join at this stage. Some of you are waaaaay too into this thing.

We'll you are right about that. So far all we know for sure about the movie is explosions, people running around and a liberty head crashing [1]. We're not even sure if there is a monster, we haven't seen it. All the ovaltine sites could be misdirection.

I could be a movie about mass-hysteria. There may be no monster.

It could be X-Com:TMP.

Hell, Mr. Abrams could be trolling the net for ideas and quickly film it in the next six months.

Though personally I would like a Great Old Ones sundering the Earth flick. As depressing as it's ending was, I did enjoy 'In the Mouth of Madness'.

[1] Is there another Liberty statue in NYC? The head in the trailer seemed too small and too solid.

ihopius on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ihopius wrote: »
    [1] Is there another Liberty statue in NYC? The head in the trailer seemed too small and too solid.

No.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I agree people who keep going on about lovecraft need to sit up and realize there is no way something like this is related to lovecraft.

For one giant fucking explosions and the almost stereotypical destruction of the statue of liberty is hardly lovecraft style. Two if it was they would at least try to cash in on the lovecraft aspect even a little. Third does giant evil alien parasite that is also in soft drinks really strike you as a lovecraft story?

Besides some totally random words on websites that may not even be related to this there is nothing at all to go by let a long enough evidence to stand up and start shouting that cthulhu is coming.

This is Hollywood. All they need is one idea and it is a Lovecraft flick. Ed Gein = Texas Chainsaw Massacre based on a true story? By Hollywood rationale, Cthulu can be anything they want, in anything they want. Especially if the public domain stuff is true.

But really now, What do you think the end of our world according to the cthulu mythos would be like? Do you think Azatoth ride in on a sled pulled by my little ponies and destroies us with a bubble gun?

Earthquakes, shit exploding, mass hysteria that sounds pretty probable to me for any end of the world equation. including anything involving the cthulu mythos.

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Can I get some proof that ethan haas is connected?

Maybe a screen cap that paramount pulled the vids from it on youtube?

Why did people make the connection in the first place?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ethan Haas was wrong.blogspot.com has a new blog post.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »

I don't have a screencap, but I saw the notice that Paramount pulled the videos on youtube.

august on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »

Well, paramount is letting the vids stay up now so...
    (we made the connection because of the hype surrounding the movie and because paramount was taking them down. I saw the notice with my own eyes!)

I still think that HAAS is either connected to either this or that last guy on earth movie with will smith [is paramount handling that?]

also, really late but, damn the hair demons are creepy.
    I thought the demon was in the light behind the people, not the hair itself.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    J. J. Abrams has said himself that Ethan Haas is totally unrelated.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    J. J. Abrams has said himself that Ethan Haas is totally unrelated.

but didnt they claim that they didn't even know about the movie? or am i misreading something.

edit: nvm the site was fake

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Anyone else still think this is Lost: the movie?

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ok, this is FUCKED.

After going through all the puzzles and such I was just called downstairs from my office saying there was someone at the door wanting to speak to me.
    I go downstairs and it is some skater punk who says:
    "Hi, some guy in a baseball cap just gave me five dollars to deliver this letter to you. He said your name is Adam Spencer and that you worked in this building."

So I opened the letter and it was from a "Van Mantra". The text reads as follows:

A.S.,

You endangered yourself by contacting me, and for that I am grateful.

You must tell people that I was here.....that I came to you.

The Mezin Source are liars and fools.

We must all heed the writings of Ethan Haas before it is too late.

We must prepare for the coming war.

Make them listen. Tell them I was here....and to believe my words.

We must all act on 08-01-07.

It is not too late to change the future.

Van Mantra

- and it is signed by him.

!?!!?!!?!

Here's the scan: http://blogs.ci-fi.net/chaf/files/2007/07/scan0001.jpg

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Aqua DarkAqua Dark Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Let me get this strait, you were actually hand delivered a letter?

Either you are pullig our chains or this is getting very creepy.

(I hope you are pulling our chains).

Aqua Dark on
    There are such things as stupid questions, and you know what they are: so do not ask them!

World of Warcraft IS a drug, if you are playing it seek rehab immediately.
  • Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Can you scan and post the letter?

xraydog on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ok, this is FUCKED.

After going through all the puzzles and such I was just called downstairs from my office saying there was someone at the door wanting to speak to me.
    I go downstairs and it is some skater punk who says:
    "Hi, some guy in a baseball cap just gave me five dollars to deliver this letter to you. He said your name is Adam Spencer and that you worked in this building."

So I opened the letter and it was from a "Van Mantra". The text reads as follows:

A.S.,

You endangered yourself by contacting me, and for that I am grateful.

You must tell people that I was here.....that I came to you.

The Mezin Source are liars and fools.

We must all heed the writings of Ethan Haas before it is too late.

We must prepare for the coming war.

Make them listen. Tell them I was here....and to believe my words.

We must all act on 08-01-07.

It is not too late to change the future.

Van Mantra

- and it is signed by him.

!?!!?!!?!

Please don't fuck with the gullible

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Aqua Dark wrote: »
    Let me get this strait, you were actually hand delivered a letter?

Either you are pullig our chains or this is getting very creepy.

(I hope you are pulling our chains).

Yes it was hand delivered. I will scan and post it in a minute.

edit: I am absolutely 100% serious and I'm not kidding about this. I'm not a plant either, I've been posting here for a long time. I do work in the game industry however but on the business end of things. Also, I live in a very small city in Canada, it's not like this is New York where there are tons of marketing firms.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Aqua DarkAqua Dark Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    edit: I am absolutely 100% serious and I'm not kidding about this. I'm not a plant either, I've been posting here for a long time. I do work in the game industry however but on the business end of things. Also, I live in a very small city in Canada, it's not like this is New York where there are tons of marketing firms.

Could it be at all possible that your friends are just fucking with you? They see you getting real in to these puzzles and decide to mess with you.

Aqua Dark on
    There are such things as stupid questions, and you know what they are: so do not ask them!

World of Warcraft IS a drug, if you are playing it seek rehab immediately.
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Could it be at all possible that your friends are just fucking with you? They see you getting real in to these puzzles and decide to mess with you.

I thought of that and I don't think it's the case for two reasons. 1. None of my friends know about the ethan haas website. All they've seen is the Cloverfield trailer.
    2. All of my friends work during the day and there's no way they could pull something like this off.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Could it be at all possible that he is just fucking with us? He see's us getting real in to these puzzles and decide to mess with us.

Fixed.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    redhalo wrote: »

Could it be at all possible that he is just fucking with us? He see's us getting real in to these puzzles and decide to mess with us.

Fixed.

I understand why you would think that but I honestly am not making this up. I'm not sure how I could prove that but if there's a way I'll do it.
    I've updated my post on the last page with the actual scan.

SatanIsMyMotor on