As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - Draw Something Else

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited March 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Genius.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Oh man.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I was totally expecting a few different letter options, but it's probably better to not support hate speech - even indirectly.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    I was totally expecting a few different letter options, but it's probably better to not support hate speech - even indirectly.
    Wh-what

Why would you expect that?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They were right.

When they draw black people, it becomes offensive.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    All together now:
    what is this I don't even

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That guy's supposed to be black? I thought he was super bronzed. Someone google-fu it; I.... don't want to...

This reminds me of that South Park gag, where Randy's on Wheel of Fortune and his hint is "Someone you hate" and his letters are N_gger. The viewer is totally caught red-handed.
    It was "Nagger."

Aurich on
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    The evil-Gabe face turns it from great to awesome.

• NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    The answer is FUN, right?

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    "The clue is: 'people who annoy you'"

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Intense.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Context, please. Is this some iphone game or something?

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    It's some Facebook/mobile game. I've personally never played it and this comic represents pretty much the sum total of my knowledge about it.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    It's like Words With Friends but Pictionary instead of Scrabble.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    There's not enough spaces to spell "wang."

• BrewBrew Registered User regular
    How do you make that mosaic effect in DrawSomething?! I can think of so many uses of it. Unnecessary censorship and all that.

1st ever "Penny-Arcade Hero Academy Tournament" Toilet Bowl Champion!
    steam_sig.png
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."
  • Adam CasalinoAdam Casalino New York (in my heart)Registered User regular
    It's so hilarious, I've been hearing about this game a lot the past few days. It'll sure to blow up now.

• NeliNeli Registered User regular
    That is the best way to draw a cup

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • captainkeytarcaptainkeytar Registered User regular
    The cwGabriel account exists. Probably not the Real Gabe, but whoever it is: they have a picture comin' that's... shall we say, up to par with today's comic.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Since cwgabriel is the Real Gabe's Twitter, if he's on this game too it's plausible he carried over the same name and face, especially since he put it in the comic.

• Hello WaterfaceHello Waterface Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller In the timbers of FennarioRegistered User regular
    Okay. This made me LOL.

Welcome to Miami Beach, ladies and gentlemen. Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Please take my advice.
  • MortalToasterMortalToaster Registered User regular
    this comic, it is gold.

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    IGN just put up 10 of the best Draw Something pics as well. This game is super fun...would be better with a stylus though I think. Great comic!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    cwgabriel wrote:
    If a drawing of a muscular, bronzed man with his dick out is not safe your work...maybe you need to find a new place to work.

Tycho wrote:
    Having just completed our Warmachine tournament I’m still very much in that Mode, so the Kickstarter for Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack fell into fertile soil. It’s essentially a tabletop wargame system designed for use with Lego bricks, and they’ve already made their nut, so this pitch doesn’t have the imperative some others do. I am fucking hooked on their Lego designs, though: they’re on that ultrasimplified tip, where the detail is all in the broad strokes and the silhouettes. Even better, enthusiasts of the project have already started putting up their own designs.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOH MY GOD.

• 19southmainco19southmainco Registered User regular
    the eyes are the best part.

onward, stalwart steed
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Is it wrong that my first thought was "that guy has a small wang"?
    Must be steroid abuse.

And for someone who is surprisingly well waxed, he's got quite a forest going on.

Invisible on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I need a stylus or something for my Evo. It's impossible to draw anything resembling a naked bronzed man holding a cup.

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    Is it wrong that my first thought was "that guy has a small wang"?
    Must be steroid abuse.

And for someone who is surprisingly well waxed, he's got quite a forest going on.

Maybe he's a grower, not a shower, and isn't fully aroused yet.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I 100% do not get this comic

• glithertglithert Registered User regular

He was supposed to draw a cup, so he drew a cup. The rest is just ...icing on the cake.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Draw Something is a pictionary-style game for iPhone. Gabe's task is to draw a picture that will let (i assume) Tycho guess the word "Cup." However Gabe takes great pleasure in forcing Tycho to view pictures of dongs, balls, buttholes, etc. Gabe draws a muscular naked man to indulge this pleasure, and places a cup in the man's hand to make the picture technically within the implied rules of the game (i.e. you have to draw something that will allow the other person to guess the word, but shouldn't simply write out the word).

At first I was trying to form some sort of three-letter dirty word out of the letters available, before I noticed the arrow.

• AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Exactly, before you notice the arrow, and considering the artist is Gabe, thems could be some loaded three letters.

• FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    I think this guy wants to see you pee.

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    It's so hilarious, I've been hearing about this game a lot the past few days. It'll sure to blow up now.

it already blew up, they're pulling in over 250k/day and OMGPOP just sold for ~$200 million to Zynga

sig.png
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    Ferquin wrote: »

In the cup?

• scyldscyld Registered User regular
    I'm appreciating the homoerotic theme that's pervaded Penny Arcade the last couple weeks.

Err... last couple years.

• agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Ivar wrote: »
    Ferquin wrote: »

In the cup?

Two guys, one cup

Also: ICUP

• FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    agilemania wrote: »
    Also: ICUP

I'm surprised no one but agilemania and I caught this sooner.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root