As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Confirmed Exhibitors and Vendors East 2012 (Expo map live!)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also Blizzard hasn't been to a pax for awhile now.

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    They haven't been to the last couple PAX's because they're apparently too cool for us or something. Though really it's pretty much because of Blizzcon.

Besides, ya only got another month to wait after PAX. :P

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    So I got a tweet yesterday from Eric Pope at Harmonix confirming that they'll have a booth at East.

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Cross post from the party thread. Turbine Games will be at PAX East.
    JerYnkFan wrote: »
    Turbine just announced their Pax East Party on Saturday night:

lotro.com/news/latestnews/1861-turbine-player-party-at-pax-east?lang=en_US
    On the party signup page down at the bottom:
    "Or you can stop by our booth anytime on Friday April 6 or Saturday April 7 and find a member of the Turbine community team and plead your case (or just ask really nicely)"

Traitorious on
  • Options
    vazhkatsivazhkatsi Registered User regular
    hmm, well they're just getting started, but http://www.schraderheavy.com/ is coming, testing out their flagship game.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    vazhkatsi wrote: »
    hmm, well they're just getting started, but http://www.schraderheavy.com/ is coming, testing out their flagship game.

Indeed, I plan to add them to the list. Our very own @PeasantDave is the founder :) We should all be proud!

zerzhul on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Expo Hall map is now up on the main site. This includes a complete exhibitor list. Quick link: http://bit.ly/PAXE12Expo

zerzhul on
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    OH HELL YEAH

So stoked Sega will have Sonic 4 Episode 2 and Jet Set Radio. Here's hoping there's some good swag.

• Options
    TrionTrion Registered User regular
    Hey, look. Anime Boston is right there. I don't have to miss anything!

I wonder if we have a booth over there. ;)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Mmm, delicious expo maps!

Ok, so I can find some tie-in to games for almost everyone on the exhibitor list except for...Chevy? What? They gonna have a downloadable game like Toyota did for Yaris or something?

Traitorious on
  • Options

Ok, so I can find some tie-in to games for almost everyone on the exhibitor list except for...Chevy? What? They gonna have a downloadable game like Toyota did for Yaris or something?

the current majority guess is Transformers. We'll have to wait and see :P

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

the current majority guess is Transformers. We'll have to wait and see :P
    Ohhhhhhh, forgot about that tie-in lol. I also didn't see the second movie, so it's been kinda out of sight; out of mind for me heh.

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Trion wrote: »

I want to take a pic at the Anime Boston booth and have the caption, "yo dawg, I heard you like Boston conventions"

Also: Yay Sega and Capcom!

vicechan on
  • Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    vicechan wrote: »

I want to take a pic at the Anime Boston booth and have the caption, "yo dawg, I heard you like Boston conventions"

Lol! Do eeet.

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    vicechan wrote: »

i did something like that with a copy of battletoads at the game stop booth

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    OH HELL YEAH

So stoked Sega will have Sonic 4 Episode 2 and Jet Set Radio. Here's hoping there's some good swag.
    i cant wait to bring my genesis belt buckle over there

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    I'm trying to remember what was around last year and predict what might be playable and what would just be a video. So here are my predictions (even though I'm sure a little Google-fu could get me actual information. This is more fun)

Rockstar could possibly have playable Max Payne 3, though if they showcase the new GTA it'll be video footage only.

Ubisoft will definitely have some form of Assassin's Creed III showcasing, though I'm not sure if it'll be playable at all or not. I imagine no, as they'd probably be withholding the best information for E3. I'm not familiar enough with what else is coming out from Ubisoft this year to have any other predictions.

2K Games will definitely have Boston local Irrational Games there, obviously, and will hopefully have Bioshock Infinite playable (GOD I HOPE THEY DO)

Capcom might have Dragon's Dogma available to play, and might even be trying to pimp out Raccoon City in order to boost sales what with the shoddy review scores coming out today.

Last year Nintendo's booth was half 3DS, and half Wii stuff not many cared about (partly because they had a number of games that were already released and out). I doubt they'd have anything major like Xenoblade or Last Story to preview, and it is doubtful they'd have the Wii-U so early at such a small location. They'll likely be pimping some upcoming 3DS titles, though nothing anyone will REALLY be curious about like the new Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario or Fire Emblem.

That's the best I got right now.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    StrangeStaticStrangeStatic Mass.Registered User regular
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember what was around last year and predict what might be playable and what would just be a video. So here are my predictions (even though I'm sure a little Google-fu could get me actual information. This is more fun)

Rockstar could possibly have playable Max Payne 3, though if they showcase the new GTA it'll be video footage only.

Ubisoft will definitely have some form of Assassin's Creed III showcasing, though I'm not sure if it'll be playable at all or not. I imagine no, as they'd probably be withholding the best information for E3. I'm not familiar enough with what else is coming out from Ubisoft this year to have any other predictions.

2K Games will definitely have Boston local Irrational Games there, obviously, and will hopefully have Bioshock Infinite playable (GOD I HOPE THEY DO)

Capcom might have Dragon's Dogma available to play, and might even be trying to pimp out Raccoon City in order to boost sales what with the shoddy review scores coming out today.

Last year Nintendo's booth was half 3DS, and half Wii stuff not many cared about (partly because they had a number of games that were already released and out). I doubt they'd have anything major like Xenoblade or Last Story to preview, and it is doubtful they'd have the Wii-U so early at such a small location. They'll likely be pimping some upcoming 3DS titles, though nothing anyone will REALLY be curious about like the new Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario or Fire Emblem.

Im hoping for some GTAV. That would make my weekend 10x better. Hopefully Capcom has some Resident Evil 6 stuff. Ubisoft might have Rainbow Six Patriots? Hopefully its just Assassins Creed 3. & No booth from Epic Games? :( there going to be there that weekend too.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/strangestatic
  • Options
    repeterepete Registered User regular
    Rockstar is probably showing max payne 3 as it comes out much sooner then GTAV (that doesnt have a release date)

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    FanGamer will be receiving a fair bit of my funds. Their stuff is SO cash. x.x

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular

What we have to consider is that there has not been a lot of time since GDC. Most devs, in all reality, will just bring us their builds from there, whether they be playable or not. So, cross referencing that theory, BioShock Infinite and Max Payne 3 should be playable. I can't think of what else was at GDC, but it would be a good reference point.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    FanGamer will be receiving a fair bit of my funds. Their stuff is SO cash. x.x

I'll be picking up my fair share of stuff from there too. I gotta get all their new pin sets and maybe a shirt or two....

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    ottoman673 wrote: »

What we have to consider is that there has not been a lot of time since GDC. Most devs, in all reality, will just bring us their builds from there, whether they be playable or not. So, cross referencing that theory, BioShock Infinite and Max Payne 3 should be playable. I can't think of what else was at GDC, but it would be a good reference point.

This is a good point, and one I had forgotten as I don't really think of GDC in the same light as an expo or trade show. With that in mind, I don't think it is safe to guarantee that they'll be bringing those same demos.

There's a lot of literature out there from developers discussing how much of a bitch it is to create a demo for an event like E3, which is why a lot of the playable demos at PAX East 2011 were just recycled from E3 2010 or Tokyo Game Show or some such.

While that does add credence to the notion that they might recycle GDC demos, there's a much different atmosphere at GDC than here. At GDC, most of your audience is other developers. If they suddenly drop through the level, or your character suddenly begins floating twenty feet off the ground, they understand that such crap happens and will basically just report it to whoever is on staff. At a show like PAX East, you could easily have John and Jane Doe give it a shot and go "What the fuck is this shit? Game fucking sucks!" and throw the controller in anger.

That's not to say it WILL happen, and I think gamers on a whole are getting more understanding of that sort of thing (the Kingdoms of Amalur demo was bugged as all Hell, but the game sold a ton anyway), but instead of bringing a potentially buggy demo to PAX East where a bunch of consumers may form their opinion based on an incomplete product, they may just leave it home and work on fixes for E3.

So what was playable at GDC could be a good indicator, but I wouldn't use it as a definitive list of games that those developers will have to play.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
  • Options
    yockyock Registered User regular
    Where did Nvidia go? They always have a large presence at PAX.

• Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    According to Massively En Masse will be there showcasing TERA

massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/21/en-masse-bringing-tera-and-sci-fi-surprise-to-pax-east/

• Options
    SausageSausage FLRegistered User regular
    yock wrote: »
    Where did Nvidia go? They always have a large presence at PAX.

I wondered this too when I saw the map, even the other companies that are usually clumped together for things like the scavenger hunt aren't really in the same layout anymore. I don't want to show up wearing an old Nvidia shirt for nothing...

3DS: 2964-9827-0033
  • Options
    JurgmanJurgman Tech Director NYC, NJ, LARegistered User regular
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    They haven't been to the last couple PAX's because they're apparently too cool for us or something. Though really it's pretty much because of Blizzcon.

Besides, ya only got another month to wait after PAX. :P

LOL, cool, like frosty.

Did ya see they booth is in the corner behind the PAX merch booth? Better keep an eye on 'em...

OP: The list is great, in that it has links to all those exhibitors, thanks.

• Options
    ThreefiddieThreefiddie Registered User regular
    no nvidia :-(

• Options
    ReaperBryanReaperBryan Registered User new member
    Reaper Miniatures (Manufacturer, Metal Miniatures, www.reapermini.com) will be at PAX East, although we will be in the Miniatures Hall, not the Expo hall, so we're not on the posted map. We'll down where the miniatures tournaments etc. are, with a Paint-and-Take and a full retail booth.

• Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    What did nvidia have last year other than those dumb buttons?

• Options
    nightsidesamurainightsidesamurai Registered User new member
    Tabletop Arena, a small gaming store in my area, is going to be there demo-ing board games and selling stuff. Heard from the owners...about a week ago that they're gonna have a large-ish booth (relative to the size of the business that is).

• Options
    What did nvidia have last year other than those dumb buttons?

umm wonderful display of the pc master race with pc vendors and tournaments covered around them in a big circle.

• Options
    bushisprezbushisprez Registered User regular
    everyone here pretty much had same theories on what would be shown on exb floor. Although I wonder if more booths will be on the 1st floor when you enter the convention? Overall looks to be solid showing. Though where the F*(k is SONY? You'd think Vita would be up in this thing, Starhawk (sp portion), Last of Us, or last guardian. Really wanted to see transformers fall of cybertron.

[x] Hotel booked
    [x] Ride Booked
    [x] 3-day Pass
    Will be more prepared than ever for the show than the previous year. XP!!!!!
  • Options
    sony didn't show last year except for socom, and we know how that turned out. >_>

• Options
    bushisprezbushisprez Registered User regular
    yeah I experienced their pax demo then the beta months after but looks like 2012 pax east is going to have a ton of blockbusters. Its possible that their could be games press won't know about at the convention like Darkness 2 last year. Capcom better have re6 if they had gameplay footage in the trailer no reason they couldn't have a portion of that ready for Pax East. Plus the expo is bigger compared to last year yehhhhh.

[x] Hotel booked
    [x] Ride Booked
    [x] 3-day Pass
    Will be more prepared than ever for the show than the previous year. XP!!!!!
  • Options
    AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    Apparently Kickstarter is going to have a booth somewhere as well, and Star Command will be playable there.

• Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote: »

This is a good point, and one I had forgotten as I don't really think of GDC in the same light as an expo or trade show. With that in mind, I don't think it is safe to guarantee that they'll be bringing those same demos.

There's a lot of literature out there from developers discussing how much of a bitch it is to create a demo for an event like E3, which is why a lot of the playable demos at PAX East 2011 were just recycled from E3 2010 or Tokyo Game Show or some such.

While that does add credence to the notion that they might recycle GDC demos, there's a much different atmosphere at GDC than here. At GDC, most of your audience is other developers. If they suddenly drop through the level, or your character suddenly begins floating twenty feet off the ground, they understand that such crap happens and will basically just report it to whoever is on staff. At a show like PAX East, you could easily have John and Jane Doe give it a shot and go "What the fuck is this shit? Game fucking sucks!" and throw the controller in anger.

That's not to say it WILL happen, and I think gamers on a whole are getting more understanding of that sort of thing (the Kingdoms of Amalur demo was bugged as all Hell, but the game sold a ton anyway), but instead of bringing a potentially buggy demo to PAX East where a bunch of consumers may form their opinion based on an incomplete product, they may just leave it home and work on fixes for E3.

So what was playable at GDC could be a good indicator, but I wouldn't use it as a definitive list of games that those developers will have to play.

All very true. However, I seem to recall last year we all stood in line for some Battlefield 3 gameplay videos that premiered at... GDC. A Portal 2 ViDoc that premiered at... GDC. That Brink demo? Correct me if i'm wrong but that was GDC content too.

The audiences are very different in terms of panels, I agree. But after watching some of the showcase vids that Giant Bomb and other sites did, I have a pretty good feeling that a lot of the more polished demos to come out of GDC will be playable, or demoed live in front of us. If it's an unstable build, we'll more than likely be treated to a video.

One other thing that i failed to consider, though, RE: Max Payne 3; Last year, PAX ran March 11-13 - 2 months before L.A. Noire released, on May 17th. We did not get any shot at gameplay at that and the game had practically gone gold at that point. This makes me wonder if we'll be able to play MP3 or not.. it's all speculation and we'll find out when we're there, though.

Regardless. This list has me excited. It's very intriguing that there seems to be a whole PC Room now, too.. wonder what they have in store for us.

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    bushisprez wrote: »
    yeah I experienced their pax demo then the beta months after but looks like 2012 pax east is going to have a ton of blockbusters. Its possible that their could be games press won't know about at the convention like Darkness 2 last year. Capcom better have re6 if they had gameplay footage in the trailer no reason they couldn't have a portion of that ready for Pax East. Plus the expo is bigger compared to last year yehhhhh.

There's plenty of reason, actually. Incomplete A.I., whole missing portions of levels, missing textures, bugs everywhere, framerate issues, lack of weapon balance, and a bunch of items that may not make it into the final version of the game.

It's easy to pick and choose what you want from a video. "Hey, those three seconds look really good, stick them in there. OH! No, skip that part."

A demo? You have a LOT less control over. I highly doubt we'll be seeing a playable form of Resident Evil 6.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
  • Options
    thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    i wish valve and razer were going to be there...

• Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Aww... No Nvidia? I love their free t-shirts. I thought they would be there for the launch of the GTX 680.