As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Badges are arriving! Do Not Post Pictures of your badges!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
Feel free to be excited and post that you received them, but it has been asked that this year nobody post badge pictures on the forums.

For Clarity:
Moe Fwacky wrote: »
Please do not post pictures. Covering the number isn't good enough. This is to prevent counterfeiters from having a centralized place to gather images of badges for the purposes of making illegitimate copies. Any pictures of badges posted on the forum will be removed and the posters of said pictures infracted.

Thanks for understanding.

Soon... soon that delicious plastic will be in our hands.

zerzhul on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    For further reference, we don't want people posting badge pictures because it makes it easier for counterfeiters to find and fake this year's badges. The fewer pictures out there, the harder it will be for them to fake them.

E6LkoFK.png

• DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    ----

DaltonCarl on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    No, please don't "decide" to do it.

Just don't do it

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    Please do not post pictures. Covering the number isn't good enough. This is to prevent counterfeiters from having a centralized place to gather images of badges for the purposes of making illegitimate copies. Any pictures of badges posted on the forum will be removed and the posters of said pictures infracted.

E6LkoFK.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It looks like FedEx badges in Canada are the ones arriving first.

• FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    what scent are they this year?

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Better close down twitter then :P

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    In addition to a forum infraction, I will be slapping anyone who posts their badges online with a trout

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
    Fruhmann wrote: »

They are pizza scented this year.

E6LkoFK.png

• FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular

much more classy than the past couple years of laminated plastic. kudos to the team behind that one.

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    yADdT.jpg

Totally sweet badge, 100% legit

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Aww, man, now I wish I was going! I always miss the good scents!

Kyanilis wrote: »

Yeah you do, I hear the prime 2012 badge is going to smell like farts.

E6LkoFK.png

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Good. Can't wait for my Saturday pass to come.

• SlaughterBeastSlaughterBeast Registered User regular
    In addition to a forum infraction, I will be slapping anyone who posts their badges online with a trout

What if i just post a picture of a trout with the word badge on it?

• ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Oh man, the badges are actually live bobcats, aren't they? This is all a nefarious plot to ensure that everyone gets attacked by a wild bobcat!

No, but in all seriousness: can Mike or Jerry make an announcement about this on the main site? I'm guessing there's a large chunk of PAX attendees that don't read these forums and may start unwittingly posting pics of their badges to twitter/blogs/etc in excitement.

Then again, maybe telling people not to do it would cause more people to do it, due to John Gabriel's internet fuckwad theory? I don't know. It could go either way?

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
    Propriety wrote: »
    Oh man, the badges are actually live bobcats, aren't they? This is all a nefarious plot to ensure that everyone gets attacked by a wild bobcat!

No, but in all seriousness: can Mike or Jerry make an announcement about this on the main site? I'm guessing there's a large chunk of PAX attendees that don't read these forums and may start unwittingly posting pics of their badges to twitter/blogs/etc in excitement.

Then again, maybe telling people not to do it would cause more people to do it, due to John Gabriel's internet fuckwad theory? I don't know. It could go either way?

Wasn't M&J that asked. Pictures will get out there, this is an effort to not have a single one stop shop for them on the forums. It's a very small part, but it's something.

• tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Can't wait to get my badges in the mail :)

grym & kvlt
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Eagerly awaiting my bobcat! I think it'll go well with my kitty.

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    o sweet i can't wait to post my badge (kidding moe please dont kill me ) , also thanks for telling me i was going to post it on my facebook

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    Question: Will we need to feed our bobcat when it arrives? Or does it come with a satchel of bobcat snacks that will last it until the convention?

Volaro wrote: »
    Question: Will we need to feed our bobcat when it arrives? Or does it come with a satchel of bobcat snacks that will last it until the convention?

Your bobcat will have enough snack food to last you until the convention (unless you're very very small). ;)

• Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    I just got my badge today. I'm officially pumped. 2 weeks is too long to wait.

• GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular

That scent could have different levels of enjoyability depending on who you're asking.......But, pizza scented is good for all nostrils!

Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Mine showed up today:
    baby_bobcat.jpg

It's smaller than I thought, but I'm still not sure if they'll let me take it on the train.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • SpectacledBearSpectacledBear Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Mine wasn't delivered to me, I had to go and catch it.
    trout_fishing_grizzly_bear_colorado_river_640x480-normal.jpg

SpectacledBear on
    Currently playing Stardew Valley and I Am Setsuna.

LPr3CtQ.png
  • LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I cannot waittt!!!!

• RachelkittenRachelkitten PMS_KTN Broomfield, CORegistered User regular
    I wonder if someone will now post pictures of the envelope it came in?

Pax East 2012 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accomodations [X] Travel [X] Time Off [X]
    Twitter: KTNPWNS_PMS
  • Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Come one guys, don't be dicks about this. I really hope as adults (mostly) we can be mature about this and not be smartasses and just not post pics. Period. It's annoying and disrespectful to even pretend you're posting a badge picture.

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    Come one guys, don't be dicks about this. I really hope as adults (mostly) we can be mature about this and not be smartasses and just not post pics. Period. It's annoying and disrespectful to even pretend you're posting a badge picture.
    \\\

you just ruined my fun... i was going to just post a piece of card board that said LOLOLOLOL PAX EAST ....I may just wear it with my real badge at pax

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular

But it's all part of our plan. If we see anybody outside the convention center selling live bobcats, we know we've got a counterfeiter.

• Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular

I just sat here for an hour pretending to post a badge and not a single person said anything to me :(

That scent could have different levels of enjoyability depending on who you're asking.......But, pizza scented is good for all nostrils!

What if it is asparagus and anchovies pizza?

• PascualPascual Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Just got my badge! It's very nice.

Pascual on

I dunno, I thought the bobcat stuff was pretty funny.

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular

man, who took a shit in your Cheerios? have a sense of humor. what harm is anyone causing?

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Pascual wrote: »
    Just got my badge! It's very nice.

That's a very nice PAX East 2012 3 Day pass you have there....it would be a shame if anything were to happen to it....

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    badge received! i can't believe pax is so soon!!!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    I don't know how they fit the bobcat badge in the mail, but there it was in my mailbox today!

I'm really peeved it didn't come with bobcat snacks, it just ate $50 worth of steak and still looks hungry....

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    My mailman just got a huge hug. My badge is here!

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • StrangeStaticStrangeStatic Mass.Registered User regular
    My 3 day badge arrived today. So excited.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/strangestatic