As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ter than Shepard

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think this police officer is either drunk or retarded. He's basically setting up a sting at one of our busiest intersections. I can respect that because it's a pretty dangerous intersection and drivers here just don't give a shit. But to GET to that little spot he's parking in, he turned on his lights and siren and drove on the sidewalk to get to it. Then he pulled someone over and when he was done writing a ticket to the kid, he fucking put on his lights and siren an basically did a high speed U-Turn right there across one of our busiest streets, and THEN he drove for a few yards on the wrong way of the street that is fed by the intersection he is policing. I'm pretty sure that that is not a valid use of lights/siren.

Also, Fox News sucks and it's their own fault that nobody knows whether totally ridiculous images are photoshops are not.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    is it giant blue guy avatar or asian bald kid avatar
    The good one.

I will never understand the people who say that show is good.

I just can't assimilate the meaning of that assertion.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    JAO9M.gif

what is this from

Citizen Kane

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i don't know which one of the avatars is the good one

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also hell-o somebody posted a pic of them topless on facebook

(back turned but still)

Mmm back cleavage.

ummm

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    The good one.

it's the best, especially after season 1

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxch-yi14BE
    seriously guys this is so good

It really is quite funny. :)

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    You guys are taking Fake But Accurate to new heights. It's pretty awesome!

spool

you are cool

but if you are about to defend fox news I am going to visit violence upon you for it

You don't have to defend FOX to laugh at people going "well I figured it was shopped it's still totally believable because lol fox amirite?"

That is the definition of Fake But Accurate, and it is pretty much always laughable.

we're not really doing that

we're going wait is this fake? I can't tell right away
    LaOs wrote: »
    It was, unfortunately, a believable image.

okay then. ahem:

I'm not really doing that

I'm going wait is this fake? I can't tell right away

(although Laos is basically saying I couldn't tell right away.)

This isn't about what was said (or wasn't, and "believable is not the same thing as "accurate").

This is about the righteous martyr Spool and the tiny minority of Real Americans being horribly oppressed by the evil liberal media.

There's really no need to be like this, man. This thing where you try to marginalize me by trying to suggest I'm being dishonest or have a persecution complex is insidious and more than a little disrespectful. I don't need to put on a mantle of martyrdom to criticize shit around here - some days, it's just a target rich environment. On the other hand it's pretty fucking telling how some people, like yourself, so often reach for the ridicule bat to silence The Other.

Your tribe knows you're a good little footsoldier, Reimann. They know you have the right opinions, they know you think the right things. You've got nothing to prove!

It'll be OK.

I know this is probably just you defending against a personal attack, so I'm just gonna skip past it, but you can't really watch those actual fox news clips and straight-faced tell me that their ridiculousness is exaggerated here because of a political bend, can you?

It's not even about their politics, it is about the fact that they prove time and time again that they are not a news organization but rather an error/bullshit factory. I don't know why you feel like you have to defend them.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    The Giver should be retitled The Last Earbender.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

the cartoon about the kid who can do element magic

not giant space smurf dances with wolves

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

I think people call the one that isn't smurf pocahontas "good"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    one good thing about the last few days: aparently the Books app that comes with Android (that works with the Google Play market) is very good. I've been reading The Lord of the Rings on my phone. Even though it's not an e-reader by any means it's quite easy on the eyes and works well even for extended reading.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    The good one.

See, you see this thing that is good.

I just see Naruto with a higher budget.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    surrealitycheck -

I started a city elf rogue. What should I do or avoid?

I guess archery is bugged to shit?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    bioshock infinite still looks really great, by the way

looking forward to that

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    surrealitycheck -

I started a city elf rogue. What should I do or avoid?

I guess archery is bugged to shit?
    Remember, magic murders everything.

• Options
    The good one.

I was pretty skeptical too, but I was surprised by fun characters, interesting story and world, good sense of humor, etc

Have you ever watched it? Try to ignore the instinct to flee quickly from something that has a partial fanbase of intense weirdos, it's actually a good show.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    random topic change to keep me occupied until that ibuprofun kicks in:

what are the good PS3 exclusives (I have a ps2 set up in my basement and a 360 so really only looking at exclusives here)? Including exclusives to their online store not just stuff on disc.

The missus has been eyeing Disgaea 3 (and 4 when that comes out) and we are considering getting one.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Drez wrote: »
    The Giver should be retitled The Last Earbender.

Heyooooooo!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    oh

here's how to play every class that isnt mage

a) stack all the attack speed increases (except momentum and haste, which bug, unless they fixed that - check)
    b) stack all the weapon buffs (get fully runed fast attacking weapons and get mage passive buffs like fire weapons)
    c) never use any of your active abilities because they decrease your dps

there, you have completed dragon age origins

!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I don't think Spool was defending Fox News.

He just thought the "Oh its fake? Well, its not like they are better than that anyway" thing that some people implied was a bit ridiculous, since all the errors were very exaggerated even by FOX's standards.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    someone buy me this

tumblr_m0t8qrYfQ41qzkuf7o1_500.jpg

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxch-yi14BE
    seriously guys this is so good

It really is quite funny. :)

I posted this yesterday and got no response. :(

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    oh

a) stack all the attack speed increases (except momentum and haste, which bug, unless they fixed that - check)
    b) stack all the weapon buffs (get fully runed fast attacking weapons and get mage passive buffs like fire weapons)

!

So you just autoattack everything?

that sounds boring :(

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    disco terrier i thought it was goign to be so shit

i went into it full intending to fire the hate cannons

but comparisons to naruto are just... wrong. its fundamentally benign and great in a way that few shows are

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Zampanov wrote: »
    The good one.

I was pretty skeptical too, but I was surprised by fun characters, interesting story and world, good sense of humor, etc

Have you ever watched it? Try to ignore the instinct to flee quickly from something that has a partial fanbase of intense weirdos, it's actually a good show.

I've seen like three episodes. I just don't like anime stylings much so I didn't have a good impression of it.

Also yeah, most of the people I know that like it are into K-On, Dragon Ball Z and Naruto.

Is it really that worth it, like say, Community with its weird ass obsessive fanbase?

Disco Terrier on
    yGxvf.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    You guys had an argument about that photoshoop I posted and then left the house away from my computer?

TROLLFACE

• Options
    Zampanov wrote: »
    I know this is probably just you defending against a personal attack, so I'm just gonna skip past it, but you can't really watch those actual fox news clips and straight-faced tell me that their ridiculousness is exaggerated here because of a political bend, can you?

God no, I can't say that. Let me go on record saying I have no interest in defending Fox, nor do I consider them a reputable news source.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    oh

!

For mage, just map cone of cold, and spam that button.

• Options
    Sparvy wrote: »

He just thought the "Oh its fake? Well, its not like they are better than that anyway" thing that some people implied was a bit ridiculous, since all the errors were very exaggerated even by FOX's standards.

Lime lime lime

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Just went to interview at the busy bar/restaurant on my corner. Good brick oven, wood-fire pizza with a decent bar that I could make way better.

I think the interview went well, because the boss said "wow... you're really qualified."

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    basically feral the combat was broken

when you do special attacks it doesnt apply your elemental damage

so once you get enough attack speed and bonus elemental damage your abilities become worthless unless you're a mage

they advertised cross-class combos but...

apart from critting frozen people there are basically none

except mage combos which work with, er, other mages or themselves

if you like (and you couldnt give two shits about min-maxing) then play it like it was meant to be played and get abilities and have fun, im just a bitter person who powergamed all my characters into boredom then complained and now i cant go back

i actually pointed this out to georg zoller within like 3 days of the game coming out, and he answered me specifically and basically just said "we didnt have time to play test it" despite them being content complete about 5 months before the game came out, and the idea that your instant attacks shouldnt apply full damage being somehow obvious to him idk.

this is, btw, part of the reason why i find the complaints about da2s combat hilarious - dao had one of the worst combat systems of any rpg ever

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012

Lime lime lime

you are really good at coming in and saying something benign at just the right moment where the debate is at the point where people will falsely assume you are actually saying something entirely different : P

it's a damn superpower

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I posted that picture on facebook and one of my friends doesn't know who black flag are

:(

• Options

so once you get enough attack speed and bonus elemental damage your abilities become worthless unless you're a mage

if you like (and you couldnt give two shits about min-maxing) then play it like it was meant to be played and get abilities and have fun, im just a bitter person who powergamed all my characters into boredom then complained and now i cant go back

i actually pointed this out to georg zoller within like 3 days of the game coming out, and he answered me specifically and basically just said "we didnt have time to play test it" despite them being content complete about 5 months before the game came out, and the idea that your instant attacks shouldnt apply full damage being somehow obvious to him idk.

this is, btw, part of the reason why i find the complaints about da2s combat hilarious - dao had one of the worst combat systems of any rpg ever

sadface

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    MASS EFFECT THREE ENDING STUFF:
    Now the internet seems to be gathered around the theory that the entire ending sequence was the result of reaper indoctrination! Some evidence quoted is that it doesn't create any plot holes!

Of course it doesn't - because it's the same thing as saying "it was a dream"! A well known cop out that is even a meme! You can slap the dream ending on absolutely anything and it will never create plot holes!

Why people no realise?!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options

all I saw was the tina fey as sarah palin picture

their fuckups have been pretty ridiculous before, so it's not surprising when people want to doublecheck.

the reaction is "what did they really do that, that would be hilarious" and I feel like it's a perfectly legitimate one for anyone who has seen the pants-on-head crazyness that is Fox News. Turning it into some "liberal echo chamber being dicks for no reason again" thing just seems pointlessly adversarial to me.

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options

really? wow. I never got into the DA games but that was more because of what work was like when they came out.

That sounds like something designed by Monte Cook.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Just went to interview at the busy bar/restaurant on my corner. Good brick oven, wood-fire pizza with a decent bar that I could make way better.

I think the interview went well, because the boss said "wow... you're really qualified."

Can you get me discount pizza.

I NEED A FIX.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I posted that picture on facebook and one of my friends doesn't know who black flag are

:(

Who are Black Flag?

If its metal don't answer

Sparvy on
This discussion has been closed.