As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glory and approbation to Diablo 3 Thread (evil is back 05.15.12)

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    got spiders coming out of every orifice

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Soul Harvest + Spiders is awesome

I wanna try and do soul harvest + exploding dogs.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm upset there isn't a rune to make dogs shoot bees when they bark.

Way to miss a perfect opportunity Blizzard.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Evil DaveEvil Dave Loot Whore Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    *vid*

This mostly just makes me want to roll Witch Doctor first. DANG

Is it just me, or did the monk get shafted with these? Their tier 14 looks good, but everything else is weird.

On the plus side, Wizard gets really good stuff, as do Barb/DH which will probably be my characers after Wizard.
    Noggin wrote: »
    Last patch I was starting to feel underwhelmed by WD's early skills since so many of them have such a low % of weapon damage. I worried about them losing Firebomb.

Yet, playing through level 9 this patch was mostly fine, other than Firebats high mana cost. And Soul Harvest.... yup, nothing to worry about.

I do so love the Firebats.

Evil Dave on
    Demerdar wrote: »
    Imagine 60 thousand people screaming at an egg.
    PAsig.jpg
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Evil Dave wrote: »
    *vid*

Is it just me, or did the monk get shafted with these? Their tier 14 looks good, but everything else is weird.

On the plus side, Wizard gets really good stuff, as do Barb/DH which will probably be my characers after Wizard.
    Noggin wrote: »
    Last patch I was starting to feel underwhelmed by WD's early skills since so many of them have such a low % of weapon damage. I worried about them losing Firebomb.

Yet, playing through level 9 this patch was mostly fine, other than Firebats high mana cost. And Soul Harvest.... yup, nothing to worry about.

I do so love the Firebats.

My explosive Frogs were doing like 90 crit damage in patch 14. Only my barbarian with a 19.8 dps 2hander could do more damage than my Witch Doctor in one hit.

Edit: My point is that Witch Doctors are pretty damn awesome.

Buddies on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    We’re working hard on balancing and testing Diablo III, and one of the major components is making sure that the end game experience is fun and exciting. We’d like to share a few of our goals for end game:

We have an enormous number of skill build combinations, and we want a lot of those skill builds to be viable and interesting
    While there are millions of skill builds available to players, we don’t want players swapping skills regularly to beat specific encounters as they come up
    We don’t want repeatedly running specific three-minute chunks of the game to be the most efficient way to acquire gear for your character
    While a three-minute run shouldn’t be the most efficient, we also don’t want you to feel like it’s a two-hour commitment every time you sit down to play
    Bosses should still feel worth killing

Nephalem Valor is one of the major new systems in Diablo III and it kicks in at level 60. Keep in mind that this is still in testing and we’re still working out the details. Here’s how it currently works internally: Rare and Champion packs already have great loot on them. By killing a Rare or Champion pack, not only do you get their loot, but you’ll also receive a buff granting you increased magic find and gold find. However, if you change a skill, skill rune, passive, or leave the game, the buff disappears. As an extra reward, if you kill a boss while this buff is active, you’ll receive extra loot drops from that boss.

The exact amount of magic find and gold find provided by the buff is still being reviewed, as is the amount of extra loot you get from a boss while the buff is active. We’re also playing around with whether or not the buff stacks, what the duration should be, and whether or not it should persist through death. We want to make sure the buff is strong enough to make staying in your current game more rewarding than creating a new game. At the same time, if the buff is too strong, it risks making shorter play sessions feel not worthwhile.

We expect this system will encourage players to stick with a skill build of their choice, select an area of the game they enjoy, and sweep it for rare and champion packs on their way to a boss, finishing off a run with a boss that’ll be worth killing. If you wanted a shorter play session you could be done at that point, but if you have more time, the path of least resistance would ideally be to stay in the same game and make your way towards the next boss.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    that sounds pretty reasonable

it is great

it encourages you to stay in a game and rack up this buff by killing a bunch of champion/elite packs and going for a boss

then going for the next boss!

which is exactly the way i like to play my diablos

I wonder how people will whine about how this has already ruined the game.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z783Ttu2BU

Tier 16 looks incredibly stupid for all classes

But especially on the barbarian

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
    it sucks that blizz has adapted the wow 'shoulders are fucking outlandishly huge + ornate' design

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I like that

4SMZq.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am in the "not a fan of that" camp with the giant shoulders

BahamutZERO.gif
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    sucks to be you guys

more shoulder weight for me

4SMZq.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't mind the enormous shoulder pads but the Barbarian armor with entire mammoth tusks jutting out is a bit much, I feel

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm just used to the wow design but I really like that stuff

it's actually a sigh of relief because I was pretty afraid the armor design would be boring. a bunch of the stuff shown on early individual items was super boring, but they seem to come together well in tier sets

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Like, does he have to walk sideways through doors

edited March 2012
    it also makes a little more sense for diablo to have ornate shoulder than even in wow because with the isometric view and your character being relatively small on screen, the shoulders are what you'll notice most. having a robe with this really ornate design on the front doesn't mean much when you can only see it on the character select screen.

but I can still see why people wouldn't like it.

Cilla Black on
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Actually he just walks through the walls

Creates his own doors

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i thought those mostly looked good

low res as fuck though, what was the point of having 1080p

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Hopefully they'll do something like what they did in D2 where at high levels the armor pretty much evens out so you can pick which armor you think looks best

That was weird I just clicked the post reply button and got logged out instead

ipsesignew.jpg
    edited March 2012
    they'll probably just implement the wow system at some point where you can make any armor or weapon look like any other armor or weapon you own of the same type

Cilla Black on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »

Actually he just walks through the walls

Creates his own doors

If they animated the Barbarian bursting through doorways to make them wider to accommodate his massive shoulderpads I would make it my quest to obtain them and then giggle like a small child while I thoughtlessly expanded every last door I could find.

And then my group would probably yell at me and kick me for removing half their cover with my antics and likely getting at least one person killed.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    they'll probably just implement the wow system at some point where you can make any armor or weapon look like any other armor or weapon you own of the same type

oh that reminds me
    i need to get the bloodfang set for my rogue...

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*

oh god please no

transmogging is bad for my health because I am so deeply vain

• redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    It makes me sad that i finally ditched the devout set on my priest before they implemented that

i mean, i don't play anymore
    but still

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    witch doctor has the biggest and best hats

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I put on my robe and witch doctor hat

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »

The hat is filled with spiders

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Straight up too much stuff going on in those armours in my opinion, which is always correct and sacrosanct.

Fuck off and die.
    captaink wrote: »
    Walt wrote: »

The hat is filled with spiders

more than one of the hats looks like it is straight up made of spiders

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    They should have set this shit at a later stage in history. Like, around the time of the industrial revolution.

Also, each class should have their own appropriate British dialect. Roll for Scouse!

Fuck off and die.
    we are closer to the release of diablo 3 than we have ever been

diablo 3 is set in woking in 1976

you play diablo, a down on his luck hispanic disco rollerskating backup dancer in san francisco's gay ghetto

edited March 2012
    forget diablo 3, when are they going to release a sequel to Drug Wars, the hit game for the TI 83+ graphing calculator

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Best game ever. Entire economics degree in a 20 KB package.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    we are closer to the release of diablo 3 than we have ever been

Since the dawn of time, this has been a true statement.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.