As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fibonacci doodle [chat]

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    So is the Art vs. ME3 ending thread safe to go in, or are there spoilers within (the thread title does not make it clear).

I asked that people put spoiler tags.

I'll modify the thread title.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll just fake references. Wouldn't be too hard to make up shell accounts with phone numbers and limited mailing information. Create a bit of a web presence and just pretend til someone makes a mistake. Not all of them of course but why be honest when that puts you in the gutter.

But then you'll have to make up backstories for your ex bosses so if they call you can do the voices and be convincing

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    that's pretty cool sarks! although I think I'm going with rope lighting for the "looks cool in the dark lighting" so I need something that provides enough light so i don't strain my eyes but still creates a cool "artsy" (to use a douchey and terrible term) environment

there are, AFAIK, no rope lights that put out enough light to illuminate a work environment

honestly if you want colors, illuminate your work area with some bog-standard white-light lamps and string the cool colours all over the unlit walls. You're not going to wash your keyboard in blue and still not get eye-strain after a while.

Right. I want the rope lights for when I turn off the main lights and I'm just kinda playing and sketching ideas for a sort of "live" feeling. And I know my main synth well enough to program it without even looking at it, but other stuff, yeah, like you pointed out I'll need more powerful light source.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    My favorite kind of ambient lighting is absence of lighting so...

make the layout operable in complete darkness

only focus on the sound

ftOqU21.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    poodles

go full blind

fuck gendered marketing
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Podly I know you are leeter than thou when it comes to electronic stuff but what was your take on the whole Deadmau5 collaboration thing via twitter with that random vocalist

because that seems awfully cool to me

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    that's pretty cool sarks! although I think I'm going with rope lighting for the "looks cool in the dark lighting" so I need something that provides enough light so i don't strain my eyes but still creates a cool "artsy" (to use a douchey and terrible term) environment

there are, AFAIK, no rope lights that put out enough light to illuminate a work environment

honestly if you want colors, illuminate your work area with some bog-standard white-light lamps and string the cool colours all over the unlit walls. You're not going to wash your keyboard in blue and still not get eye-strain after a while.

Right. I want the rope lights for when I turn off the main lights and I'm just kinda playing and sketching ideas for a sort of "live" feeling. And I know my main synth well enough to program it without even looking at it, but other stuff, yeah, like you pointed out I'll need more powerful light source.

oh that makes much more sense

don't many clubs tend to like this hazy blue or pink glow

e: like this

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    So is the Art vs. ME3 ending thread safe to go in, or are there spoilers within (the thread title does not make it clear).

Thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular

CxBmUTN-cvLWNFTAi3GCwhC6GWnzpRy-vH3UhHT_8SYtU5K8Unl3Vb0jJHarlPPpGy3HoHCPj1__KCahrD0abzCADTVoBcheOOPI1zbq8hxXnJ9r0PRwdIsvtKTUx3ox_Qj7H03dj_6VOaMORcACvrNzCIahEUDbl_bBBjJDsunuI9Y

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ludious wrote: »
    Podly I know you are leeter than thou when it comes to electronic stuff but what was your take on the whole Deadmau5 collaboration thing via twitter with that random vocalist

because that seems awfully cool to me

super cool! I LOOOOOOOVE creating a public space for music composition. So I'm not the biggest deadmau5 fan and I think he is supremely vain concerning his tech know-how, he still knows a shitload about music tech/engineering and technology in general, so I'll give him that. Great idea on his part.

I want to pick up one or modules of these and create a live composition using audience samples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwZu-_bwK5Q

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1

Thanks.

Yup. It's safe so far.

I don't think people need to post spoilers in order to discuss the general tension between consumer product and art, but hopefully they'll use tags if they feel the need to talk about the game itself.

Indeed. Although I'm looking to do this as cheap/DIY as possible

I like this one a bit
    STUDIO-V2-FINAL-klein.jpg

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    God I'm aggravated over this stupid homework. Two 4,000 page essays in a first year class, each 10%. Final exam 40%. It's stupid.

A 4,000 page essay?

word, derp

4,000 words isn't very long.

Yesterday I was talking to someone who knew a professor who assigned a total of 90 pages in essays over a semester, for an intro course.

If they are only 10% of a first level course they could be five pages just fine.

Could be.

What kind of class is it?

Natural Sciences. Computers, Information and Society

"Mass Effect brought us a race of all-female bisexuals culturally obliged to bang anything that moves. And people wonder why I prefer Sci-fi these days."

ftOqU21.png
    God I'm aggravated over this stupid homework. Two 4,000 page essays in a first year class, each 10%. Final exam 40%. It's stupid.

A 4,000 page essay?

word, derp

4,000 words isn't very long.

Yesterday I was talking to someone who knew a professor who assigned a total of 90 pages in essays over a semester, for an intro course.

If they are only 10% of a first level course they could be five pages just fine.

Could be.

What kind of class is it?

Natural Sciences. Computers, Information and Society

That's...surprising.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    "Mass Effect brought us a race of all-female bisexuals culturally obliged to bang anything that moves. And people wonder why I prefer Sci-fi these days."
    Liara would be very disappointed at your stereotyping.

Abdhyius wrote: »
    Liara would be very disappointed at your stereotyping.

It's not stereotyping. They are culturally obliged to to bang anything that moves. And it's not me.

ftOqU21.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Maybe I'll just fake references. Wouldn't be too hard to make up shell accounts with phone numbers and limited mailing information. Create a bit of a web presence and just pretend til someone makes a mistake. Not all of them of course but why be honest when that puts you in the gutter.

But then you'll have to make up backstories for your ex bosses so if they call you can do the voices and be convincing

I've always wanted to be a thespian.

steam_sig.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I've always wanted to be a thespian.

What you really need is a good, stiff cock.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    yeah herbie!

2787035639_bb69f2c73c.jpg

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    So what's a good, safe time to snipe at an ebay auction? 2 minutes before close? 1 minute? 20 seconds? 10 seconds? 5 seconds? 3 seconds? 1 second? 2 nanoseconds? Wait until it's over and then use a time machine?

I don't Ebay much.

Drez wrote: »
    So what's a good, safe time to snipe at an ebay auction? 2 minutes before close? 1 minute? 20 seconds? 10 seconds? 5 seconds? 3 seconds? 1 second? 2 nanoseconds? Wait until it's over and then use a time machine?

Amazon.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I go into the bathroom to use the facilities and find... brown, round lumps in the toilet. But, they're not poop, they're all completely uniform, some are broken into smaller pieces. I see cat paw prints on the seat, and some inside the bowl, the pieces are exactly the size and color of the cat food we use...

One of our cats got sick and decided to throw up in the toilet.

It purposefully went into the bathroom and used the toilet to throw up.

Do I like, high five the cat?

nibXTE7.png
    I go into the bathroom to use the facilities and find... brown, round lumps in the toilet. But, they're not poop, they're all completely uniform, some are broken into smaller pieces. I see cat paw prints on the seat, and some inside the bowl, the pieces are exactly the size and color of the cat food we use...

Maybe new cat food would be a better reward.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

I don't Ebay much.

Log in to your account, and enter your maximum bid amount in the box. Wait until 15 seconds left in the auction, then click the place bid button. It takes you to a "are you sure" page. Count to 5 then hit submit, or whatever the button is. There should be 5-7 seconds left. As long as your maximum is higher than everyone else's, you'll win every time.

nibXTE7.png

Amazon.

Amazon sellers are listing this for over double what Ebay sellers are. It's kind of sad.

I don't even really need this. I'm being decadent.

I don't Ebay much.

Log in to your account, and enter your maximum bid amount in the box. Wait until 15 seconds left in the auction, then click the place bid button. It takes you to a "are you sure" page. Count to 5 then hit submit, or whatever the button is. There should be 5-7 seconds left. As long as your maximum is higher than everyone else's, you'll win every time.

Thanks.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Did he learn it from watching you?

It's crazy expensive, no corn, organic venison. It's about as high quality as you can get. I think she just ate too fast.

nibXTE7.png

It's crazy expensive, no corn, organic venison. It's about as high quality as you can get. I think she just ate too fast.

A cat food with venison?

I'd eat that.

tebow to new york jets

this is gonna be amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    tebow to new york jets

Why do people hate Tebow? Is it the crazy religious thing? I forget.

tebow to new york jets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQvnhNVgxQ

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    tebow to new york jets

did you read the new ksk?
    i look forward to more of that all season

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    tebow to new york jets

It's a combination of that and the terrible-at-football thing

fuck gendered marketing
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    tebow to new york jets

He hates abortion but won't stop getting me pregnant.

Elldren wrote: »
    tebow to new york jets

It's a combination of that and the terrible-at-football thing

Ah, I see. Thanks.

tebow to new york jets

I've always hated him for being crazy fundamentalist and vocally anti-abortion

however, my ire grew tenfold last season when people made it seem like he was the next great football start when all he was doing was sucking really, really, really badly.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i hate him for this picture

drewes_original.jpg?1323726108

This discussion has been closed.