As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fibonacci doodle [chat]

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    AWWW YISS

just got a callback interview for tomorrow from bar less than 5 hours after meeting the guy

I'm gonna be running that bar in a few weeks time. Everyone there is a trendy hipster that doesn't have any idea what they're doing, but the bar is packed and has potential to be a really nice one if I can have my way.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i hate him for this picture

drewes_original.jpg?1323726108

What does the Bible say about motor boating?

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    ALSO

this is hearsay, but a friend of a friend was at a party in denver like, the week after they lost the playoff game to the pats, and I heard tebow was doing fucking RAILS of coke and hitting on every girl there

so, it's not surprising that, given the choice between jacksonville, his home AND the state he's treated like a god, and NYC, he chose NYC.

This is going to blow up so bad. I love it.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

LOOK AT THOSE BIIIIIIIIG AMERICAN TITTIES

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I am crushing on Bertrand Russell pretty hard

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    that is the perfect "Yeah. This is what I got." smile right there.

ftOqU21.png
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    So hey @spool32 and whoever else gives a shit

I tried to answer the question:

Is there a connection between fibromyalgia and PTSD?

Short answer: yes, definitely, and also I am completely not able to find any actual direct hypothesis, I was looking at about 20 pages of demographic study stuff that all basically agreed, so it's more of an opinion piece.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    tebow to new york jets

this is gonna be amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

did you read the new ksk?
    i look forward to more of that all season

link?

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular

Oh man, now I understand. His haircut is fucking terrible.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Winky wrote: »

Of course you are. He's an arrogant, narcissistic prick who is wrong way more often than he realizes.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1

Of course you are. He's an arrogant, narcissistic prick who is wrong way more often than he realizes.

I honest to God thought that Winky was talking about Russell Brand for a minute.

And your pithy statement to him did not help me clarify my error.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    tebow to new york jets

this is gonna be amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

did you read the new ksk?
    i look forward to more of that all season

link?

here

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!

Yes!

Yes this is what I like!

I'm going to need to get a three-tier keyboard stand to make my new hypothetical setup work.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The only person I hate more than Tim Tebow is Jon Jones.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    mrflippy wrote: »

http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

My life was measureably better before you posted that site, and I became aware of it.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    new car get!

21bvfox.jpg

skippydumptruck on

Ooooo!!

Which essay / book?

Also Podly that description doesn't fail to describe any philosopher with which I am acquainted.

Yes!

Yes this is what I like!

Why do girls and winky always go for the bad boys?

Of course you realize, this means war.

Yes!

Yes this is what I like!

It's biologism.

_J_ wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »

http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

My life was measureably better before you posted that site, and I became aware of it.

There should be an asterisk pointing out that the hot chicks are also douche bags.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

Yes!

Yes this is what I like!

It's biologism.

Winky is ovulating, so he's going for the stronger genes. He'll be back to wanting a caretaker soonish.

ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Skippy that kind of looks like a penis.

aaaaaaaaaaahahahaha that was amazing

HOW THE FUCK YOU DOIN', BOYS?!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Skippy that kind of looks like a penis.

huh

Ooooo!!

Which essay / book?

I am reading The History of Western Philosophy, I'm not very far into it
    Hunky Man wrote:
    Not all of the Greeks, but a large proportion of them, were passionate, unhappy, at war with themselves, driven along one road by the intellect and along another by the passions, with the imagination to conceive heaven and the wilful self-assertion that creates hell. They had a maxim "nothing too much," but they were in fact excessive in everything-in pure thought, in poetry, in religion, and in sin. It was the combination of passion and intellect that made them great, while they were great. Neither alone would have transformed the world for all future time as they transformed it. Their prototype in mythology is not Olympian Zeus, but Prometheus, who brought fire from heaven and was rewarded with eternal torment.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    new car get!

21bvfox.jpg

God damn do I love a subby. Well done Skips. And Rally Blue?

steam_sig.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    new car get!

21bvfox.jpg

A SUBARU??!!

That is a p. cool car.
    I would not have chosen blue, though. Worst of all car colors.

• Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    ALSO

this is hearsay, but a friend of a friend was at a party in denver like, the week after they lost the playoff game to the pats, and I heard tebow was doing fucking RAILS of coke and hitting on every girl there

so, it's not surprising that, given the choice between jacksonville, his home AND the state he's treated like a god, and NYC, he chose NYC.

This is going to blow up so bad. I love it.

In like a year he'll be headlining the Pride Parade, grinding up a dude on a giant dong-float.

Really him coming to NYC and just going balls-out nuts would be the best thing.

ezek1t.jpg
    Also Podly that description doesn't fail to describe any philosopher with which I am acquainted.

By all accounts (that I know of), philosophers who were rad, awesome people:

Spinoza
    Derrida
    Frege
    Ayer (He was a dick, but he was still an awesome person. At 80 years old, onetime he got into an altercation with Mike Fucking Tyson when he was the baddest man on earth and won!)

Lots of other people were dicks, but were also very intellectually honest. Russell had a supreme achievement -- that was later completely dismantled by Gödel a few years later.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    PIH i dunno if you noticed in the thread

but i wanted to know

are you gonna be +1 with your lady at pax, orjust you

Ooooo!!

Which essay / book?

You...you realize that is one of the worst books ever written, right?

He had his assistant write most of those essays for him.

Don't read that book.

Read this instead:

200px-Pmdsgdbhxdfgb2.jpg

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Also, 'douchebag' is not a slur applied to females. It makes no sense why that is but it's just not done.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also the reason i hate tim tebow for that picture is that's my sister!

edited March 2012
    Ayer (He was a dick, but he was still an awesome person. At 80 years old, onetime he got into an altercation with Mike Fucking Tyson when he was the baddest man on earth and won!)

Do you think that actually happened?

I hope it happened. But I always took it to be one of those stories that should be true, though it probably isn't.

Edit: I <3 that story.
    He taught or lectured several times in the United States, including serving as a visiting professor at Bard College in the fall of 1987. At a party that same year held by fashion designer Fernando Sanchez, Ayer, then 77, confronted Mike Tyson who was forcing himself upon the (then) little-known model Naomi Campbell. When Ayer demanded that Tyson stop, the boxer said: "Do you know who the fuck I am? I'm the heavyweight champion of the world," to which Ayer replied: "And I am the former Wykeham Professor of Logic. We are both pre-eminent in our field. I suggest that we talk about this like rational men". Ayer and Tyson then began to talk, while Naomi Campbell slipped out.

_J_ on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    GOOD TIMING CHU I just confirmed that it will be me +1

ezek1t.jpg

Ooooo!!

Which essay / book?

Hunky Man wrote:
    Not all of the Greeks, but a large proportion of them, were passionate, unhappy, at war with themselves, driven along one road by the intellect and along another by the passions, with the imagination to conceive heaven and the wilful self-assertion that creates hell. They had a maxim "nothing too much," but they were in fact excessive in everything-in pure thought, in poetry, in religion, and in sin. It was the combination of passion and intellect that made them great, while they were great. Neither alone would have transformed the world for all future time as they transformed it. Their prototype in mythology is not Olympian Zeus, but Prometheus, who brought fire from heaven and was rewarded with eternal torment.

That is not philosophy. It is bad, late-19th/early 20th century myopic, biased classicism.

So why is it in a book about THE HISTORY OF WESTERN PHILOSOPHY?

I don't know. Probably because the text is neither a good philosophical or historical text, but certainly is a GREAT monument to Russell's ego.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1

By all accounts (that I know of), philosophers who were rad, awesome people:

Spinoza
    Derrida
    Frege

Lots of other people were dicks, but were also very intellectually honest. Russell had a supreme achievement -- that was later completely dismantled by Gödel a few years later.

Well, to be fair I'm not yet well acquainted with any of those except Ayer.

This discussion has been closed.