As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Gilmore Girls Thread, shh!

XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
I've been going to the Harvard-Yale football games since 2008, and I usually go when they have the game at Harvard. I live only two miles away from the school's Allston campus, so, it's natural that I show my neighborhood pride and cheer for Harvard during the game.

I just looked at the schedule for this year's game. It's scheduled for November 17th, 2012, 12:00PM at Harvard Stadium. Can't wait for the free alcohol offered before the game. I have my Harvard shirt ready for that day.

Anyone ever attend a Harvard-Yale football game? I rarely ever attend other athletic events, but I guess my proximity to Harvard Stadium and the relative cheapness of the tickets (only $36 a piece) make it an event worth attending. Plus, I love college football, and I find the games at Boston College a bit tame (they don't even let you invade the field after the game and have stricter policies on alcohol).

I don't go to school at Harvard, but a part of me wishes I did. Unfortunately I was rejected when I applied.

Bogey on

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    We have a college football thread already.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    everyone's been rejected from Harvard at least once in their life

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Cool story bro.

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Harvard-yale football game was the basis of a great Gilmore girls episode.

Is this a stealth Gilmore Girls thread? I'd like that

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    football sucks.

• XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    everyone's been rejected from Harvard at least once in their life

I plan to apply to HBS in a few years. Maybe they want me, even if the College didn't...

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Harvard–Yale_prank

that is the extent of my knowledge about Harvard-Yale football

lostwords wrote: »
    Harvard-yale football game was the basis of a great Gilmore girls episode.

Is this a stealth Gilmore Girls thread? I'd like that

It can get pretty epic at times. I remember during the 2010 game how I jumped nearly 20 feet into field after the game. Landed flat on my back on the grass. It hurt so bad... Plus, I was mildly inebriated at the time.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    football sucks.

LIES AND SLANDER

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    this seemed like a bot for a moment
    the briefest of moments

Tam on
    Tam wrote: »
    this seemed like a bot for a second

I genuinely thought this too

Only a straight-edge bot

He's been around since Feb. 2010 apparently

and he has no avatar!

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    a bot can't have memories of life experiences

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• TamTam Registered User regular

bots have seen things you wouldn't believe

that's just what a replicant would say

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What an oddly specific thread!

belruelotterav-1.jpg

that's just what a replicant would say

This is the exact kind of thought someone who doesn't want people to know he's a Cylon would have

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    what makes this game special? I doubt harvard and yale have particularly good football recruitment.

Leave me alone Sweeney, I'm trying to listen to some Hendrix

you're on the field of the annual Harvard-Yale football game, walking along in the grass, when all of a sudden you look down

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    I prefer actual football

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
    Jars wrote: »
    what makes this game special? I doubt harvard and yale have particularly good football recruitment.

They don't. But up here in Boston, it's as good as college football gets. Games at Boston College aren't as exciting.

It isn't really about the game - it's about the social experience.

Leave me alone Sweeney, I'm trying to listen to some Hendrix

CAUGHT YOU

A Cylon would say they're listening to Hendrix and his version of All Along the Watchtower

So that nobody would be suspicious and find out that they're actually listening to Bob Dylan's version

I'M TELLING COMMANDER ADAMA

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I really wanted to go to Harvard when I was little and my mom was a single teenage mother and we had to work really hard to save up and I studied ever so hard so that maybe I would get a scholarship and we eventually decided that I would have a better chance of getting into the ivy leagues if I went to a really expensive private school and to do that we had to reconnect with my mother's rich and overbearing parents in hopes that they would help fund my education.

I ended up going to Yale instead of Harvard.

you're on the field of the annual Harvard-Yale football game, walking along in the grass, when all of a sudden you look down

what one?
    what?
    what field?
    it doesn't make any difference what field, it's completely hypothetical
    but, how come i'd be there?
    maybe you're fed up. maybe you want to be with a bunch of friends. who knows? you look down and see a tight end, Leon. he's crawling toward you
    tight end? what's that?
    you know what a lineman is?
    of course!
    same thing
    i've never seen a lineman ... but i understand what you mean
    you reach down and you flip the tight end over on its back, Leon
    do you make up these questions, Mr. Holden? or do they write 'em down for you?
    the tight end lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. not without your help. but you're not helping.
    what do you mean, i'm not helping?
    i mean: you're not helping! why is that, Leon? they're just questions, Leon. in answer to your query, they're written down for me. it's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... shall we continue?

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I really wanted to go to Harvard when I was little and my mom was a single teenage mother and we had to work really hard to save up and I studied ever so hard so that maybe I would get a scholarship and we eventually decided that I would have a better chance of getting into the ivy leagues if I went to a really expensive private school and to do that we had to reconnect with my mother's rich and overbearing parents in hopes that they would help fund my education.

I ended up going to Yale instead of Harvard.

Still a pretty solid choice, though. I knew a girl from my high school who went to Yale. She likes it.

• kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    I came in here expecting a conversation on Gilmore Girls. I am so disappointed at the moment.

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    I came in here expecting lostwords

And I found him

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    However I did not expect ChicoBlue's in depth knowledge of the life of Rory Gilmore

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    oh my god i fucking love gilmore girls

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    did you know: at the end of the show, rory goes off to follow barack obama's campaign

thenews.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    did you know: at the end of the show, rory goes off to follow barack obama's campaign

Does she let Obama stick a cigar in her squish mitten?

I don't know, it's the last episode! they left so many questions unanswered

did you know liza weil was almost cast as rory but ultimately lost out to alexis bledel, and the character of paris geller was created as a consolation for a short period that eventually got extended to last the entire show?

thenews.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I didn't know that, because I am straight and/or not @Lostwords

edited March 2012
    did you know that when the gilmore girls visit rory's grandparents in the pilot, their house is a different one than the set used in the rest of the show

did you know the luke's secret daughter subplot is the dumbest piece of shit ever

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I want to move to Stars Hollow.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I want to move to Stars Hollow.

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

now back to my anime thread

did you know alexis bledel, the world's whitest person, is the daughter of an argentine and a mexican and speaks spanish as a first language

thenews.jpg