As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's go back to my place and I can put my bar magnet into your solenoid [For Science!]

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    my junk is my penis btw

let's just recycle that

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    my junk is my penis btw

let's just recycle that

Perhaps it will serve a useful purpose in a second incarnation.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    boy, am I glad I'm not studying biology

you're missing out on the coolest discipline

pfft

clearly the coolest discipline is physics, which lets me use a cryostat to investigate quantum dots at 3.4 Kelvin

also nothing gets all sticky

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    physics cooler than bio!?

Whaaaaaaaat

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    my junk is my penis btw

let's just recycle that

you and your phallotry just stay away from my dilz

hey

heeeey

i'm not so much against dicks as pro-boobs

hey

heeeey

alright this is an acceptable platform

• YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    hey

heeeey

alright this is an acceptable platform

Honestly, the most acceptable platform

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png

Whaaaaaaaat

yessir

but also you missed the terrible joke

cryostat, eh.

Whaaaaaaaat

yessir

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    If I understood terrible jokes, I would be a comedian, not a scientist

• ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    ceres wrote:
    Are you a science major or scientist-by-trade (mad or otherwise)? I know there are a number floating around.

Today was my day to go down to the fish room maintained by my lab advisor and feed them. I get down there and discover that apparently overnight there was some sort of fishpocalypse, and three tanks of fish are dead or dying.

I hate going down there to find that sort of thing, and in my two and a half years there it's not even the first time it's happened. :/

Tell me about your day, or a typical day for you. What sort of joys and pitfalls do you face daily doing what you do?

GIVE TO ME YOUR SCIENCE-RELATED ANECDOTES.

How did the fish die?

Baidol wrote: »

Whaaaaaaaat

yessir

cryostat, eh.

this is the one we use

cryostation1.jpg

yes, it kind of looks like a coffee machine

Huntera wrote: »

you ever seen reanimator?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Whaaaaaaaat

There is no part of biology that physics cannot utterly annihilate with the application of a simple law or two.

Whaaaaaaaat

There is no part of biology that physics cannot utterly annihilate with the application of a simple law or two.

This sentence has no meaning.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    naaah

there's a lot of cool stuff we don't know about life yet

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    naaah

there's a lot of cool stuff we don't know about life yet

well for one we know that it ahh, uh, ehhheh, finds a way

Whaaaaaaaat

as much as I agree with you, this sounds like something a super-villain would say

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Biology is the most disgusting thing.

My worst memory of Uni is a Biology lab. It was a Friday afternoon, and I had to dissect a cat that had been taken out of the freezer on Monday. On the outside it was all stinky but inside it was frozen. I needed a massive pair of scissors to cut the skin open, and then had to hold its guts under warm water for about 10 minutes to defrost them a little. The cat muscles looked like cooked chicken.
    On my left was an echidna that had been dissected on Monday morning, and had everything pulled open so that you could see as much as possible. It had been sitting on the bench all week.
    On my right was a kangaroo. Aside from dissecting it, the person who was assigned to it had to peel all the skin, muscle, and other soft tissue off so that its skull could be preserved.

The smell was the worst I've ever experienced. I said "Fuck it" and left about halfway through, and even now just thinking of it makes me want to throw up.

In Physics, on the other hand, I got to play with radioactive stuff, measure the intensity of cosmic radiation, and create plasmas.

You had to dissect a cat!?

I'm so sorry. That sounds awful.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    nooooooo not a kitty

nooo

secret

I once killed a mantis so I could bring it in to science class and I will never stop being sorry I did it

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Most of the stuff in there was wild, which probably would have been nicer. Cutting a cat open with scissors feels fundamentally wrong.

nooooooo not a kitty

nooo

secret

I once killed a mantis so I could bring it in to science class and I will never stop being sorry I did it

now you will never get into bug heaven
    mantises are like the priests of the bug world

• VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Man if I wasn't a film major I'd totally be some type of science major. AP Biology may have beaten my interest in that area away, but AP Physics was great, and my Geology class in college was fantastic.

I'm sad I haven't taken a science class in years. :(

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »

Whaaaaaaaat

This sentence has no meaning.

It means KABOOM ha ha!

Whaaaaaaaat

as much as I agree with you, this sounds like something a super-villain would say

Yes?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    My lab at uni involved forklifts, tonnes of steel, 500 tonne jacks and the ever fun warning, don't fully open thus valve, it will break the building.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Comahawk wrote: »
    ceres wrote:
    Are you a science major or scientist-by-trade (mad or otherwise)? I know there are a number floating around.

Today was my day to go down to the fish room maintained by my lab advisor and feed them. I get down there and discover that apparently overnight there was some sort of fishpocalypse, and three tanks of fish are dead or dying.

I hate going down there to find that sort of thing, and in my two and a half years there it's not even the first time it's happened. :/

Tell me about your day, or a typical day for you. What sort of joys and pitfalls do you face daily doing what you do?

GIVE TO ME YOUR SCIENCE-RELATED ANECDOTES.

How did the fish die?

All it takes is one fish to die for whatever reason

That dead fish starts to decay and creates an ammonia spike, increased ammonia levels cause the weaker fish to die and then a domino effect occurs

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam

Whaaaaaaaat

Yes?

what, you can't take a compliment?

nooooooo not a kitty

nooo

secret

some years later a mantis actually attacked me

I like to think he was going for a just revenge

although he wasn't very effective

Whaaaaaaaat

Yes?

what, you can't take a compliment?

Consider yourself, and the 2 mile radius around your current location lucky that I did.

nooooooo not a kitty

nooo

secret

some years later a mantis actually attacked me

I like to think he was going for a just revenge

although he wasn't very effective

his name

was Kai Leng

don't associate cool bugs with that name

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    heh bio nerds think they're doing real science

go join the political scientists and scientologists you weaksaucientists

• NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    I was an Astrophysics major until I realized that A) I hate math, and B) there's virtually no job prospects in that field. I became an English major for a while, then I just shut up and went back to studying networks and network security. I kinda wish I had better luck with biology, but all throughout my life my biology courses taught me that my fascination with marine life is better left to admiring what I see in marine documentaries, and becoming ever more depressed with ocean acidification.

Rolo wrote: »

go ahead tough guy

tell me that biology is just memorization and that it's not one of the hard sciences

go ahead and tell me that

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    The only thing I remember from my college biology lab was the day the teacher brought in a box in which was suspended a pair of lungs. One belonged to a smoker, one a non-smoker.

It was nifty to look at, and the teacher pumped in some air to make them "breathe" and everything.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

go ahead tough guy

tell me that biology is just memorization and that it's not one of the hard sciences

go ahead and tell me that

not even real memortization you mighht as well nbe takng FRENCH